• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

dokish

Banned
In a thread for the sequel that's coming 9 years later?
KuGsj.gif
Alright.

I never played Max Payne or Max Payne 2, but I started loving action games this generation (with Gears of War, Lost Planet, Uncharted, etc) and I'm playing a Max Payne for the first time. I pre-ordered the PS3 version.

Spoiler is still a spoiler, no matter how fucking time has passed.

I may be finished Final Fantasy 8 for example, but some player younger than me may have not. Just because is an "old" game doesn't give me a reason to be a dick and don't use spoiler tags. Spoiler tags is not for new games. It's for spoilers, no matter what.

Should I remind you what is the definition of a spoiler? Important piece of information that reveals key elements of a story or plot twists. "Age" (being old or new) isn't a part of it.

Remember, there are new people coming to this world. :p

I appreciate it. Thanks.

I never played Max Payne or Max Payne 2, but I started loving action games this generation (with Gears of War, Lost Planet, Uncharted, etc) and I'm playing a Max Payne for the first time. I pre-ordered the PS3 version.

I may be finished Final Fantasy 8 for example, but some player younger than me may not. Just because is an "old" game doesn't give me a reason to be a dick and don't use spoiler tags. Spoiler tags is not for new games. It's for spoiler.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

Someone promote this guy. This is quality.

I may be finished Final Fantasy 8 for example, but some player younger than me may have not. Just because is an "old" game doesn't give me a reason to be a dick and don't use spoiler tags. Spoiler tags is not for new games. It's for spoilers, no matter what.

Should I remind you what is the definition of a spoiler? Important piece of information that reveals key elements of a story or plot twists. "Age" (being old or new) isn't a part of it.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

The statute of limitations passed on Max Payne spoilers YEARS AGO.

Would you walk up to a group of people discussing the next Twilight movie and tell them not to talk about the characters, plot, or setting without telling you to plug your ears and close your eyes first because you haven't watched the movies yet? Without even considering staying out of the conversation since there is bound to be spoilers? Because that's what you're doing right now, and God is it lame.

Would you walk up to a group of people discussing the next Twilight movie and tell them not to talk about the characters, plot, or setting without telling you to plug your ears and close your eyes first because you haven't watched the movies yet? Without even considering staying out of the conversation since there is bound to be spoilers? Because that's what you're doing right now, and God is it lame.

who the fuck is this guy?

Vire

I appreciate it. Thanks.

Psst, Aeris dies.

C'mon dude...

saunderez

Yeah once the sequel is out and you're in the official thread for it you deserve to be spoiled. You don't hear me complaining about the spoilers in the Game of Thrones Books thread in the OT because I simply don't go in there. I'm sure I'd be mighty pissed if I did but who am I to stop people from discussing the books, its not their fault I haven't read them yet.

Lunchbox

Banned
I thought everybody knew Max died in Mac Payne 2 and its his twin brother in Max Payne 3.

max and that emo dude from ff7 is fighting kratos in hades in the secret level of max payne 2

sorry for spoiling that dokish, i shouldve waited 9 more years

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
any live streams up? or has somebody catched the footage of yesterdays stream?

Teknoman

i'm too intimidated by the recommended specs to buy it on pc.

think i would be okay with this

phenom II X4 955 black @ 3.7
8gb DDR3 ram

monitor is 1080p

Hopefully, especially since i'm in the same boat as you somewhat:

4870 2GB
Phenom II X4 955
4GB ram.

Then again, if I can run the Witcher 2 and Rage nicely, i'd like to think Max Payne 3 at 60 fps and looking nice should be no problem.

Somehow I don't believe my four-year-old laptop that can run Max Payne 2 perfectly will run Max Payne 3 with any efficiency whatsoever. D: PS3 version it is.

Tarin02543

Just started playing the free ps2 version of MP on psn+. Game is still great after all these years but most importantly very funny.

This game looks like it could be Man on Fire the video game, dam cool movie so that's a good thing.Cant wait much longer for this game the last week before release always drags the longest :(

michael-scott-no.gif

I really hope that's untrue, that he skipped every cutscene and played on easy with hard lock.

I hope it's not. Better have a focused story without any padded stuff. Going to replay a lot anyway with all the modes being offered. Will make it less of a chore and more enjoyable. Plus there is multiplayer.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I appreciate it. Thanks.
It's not so much a time thing for me but the fact that this is a tread for the sequel. It just seems natural that people would be freely discussing the previous games' plot. In any other thread spoiler tags would be applicable but it always seems to get confusing in threads like this since people won't know if those are spoilers for 3 or a previous game.

dreamfall

Still one of the most disturbing and affecting openings of any game I have ever played. I played it for the first time when I was like, 11 or 12. The shit scarred me, man.

Goodness, absolutely this. I think I had recurring nightmares- a man with nothing to lose, after his life got ripped apart. Please, let Tuesday come now. This will be bliss!

Edit: "TIME MOVES FORWARD. AND NOTHING CHANGES."

Numpt3

Hype levels rising steadily... the fact that I've fucked my arm up and have to take at least a month off work doesn't seem so bad at all now :p

dreamfall

"For all of us at Rockstar, the character was pretty clear - and we had no interest in changing his character, as the character was so central to the game. We just wanted to make a game using the most up-to-date technology and design methods we could, using that character so he could be more fully realized. That character is one we all found compelling - a world-weary romantic, self-absorbed, burdened by memories, but also with a sense of humor, and with a great propensity for, and skill at violence." (Verge interview)

Houser, Nelson, Benzies, Barrera + Rockstar. I trust you! Believe.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Put in a request to join the Neogaf crew.

Still not sure where to order my copy from, might go with Amazon.co.uk.

Top Bottom