• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Damn, missed the stream!

I'm annoyed this isn't out till Friday here in the UK, but then I have an exam thursday so it'll be something to look forward to after I guess.

Dat animation!

Refuse to watch the stream but fuck I knew the animations looked awesome in the trailers, but all this talk just makes it sound 10x better.

Yeah there was this cool moment in last nights stream. I won't describe the level or anything, but Max dove sideways slow-mo and hit his head against a pillar. As he was getting up while still firing at enemies he was holding the back of his head.

The physics are so damn fun to watch. Reminds me of playing GTA IV for the first time and just spending a bunch of time shooting people and hitting them with cars, seeing them react in different ways.

Yeah there was this cool moment in last nights stream. I won't describe the level or anything, but Max dove sideways slow-mo and hit his head against a pillar. As he was getting up while still firing at enemies he was holding the back of his head.

The physics are so damn fun to watch. Reminds me of playing GTA IV for the first time and just spending a bunch of time shooting people and hitting them with cars, seeing them react in different ways.

The multiplayer vid featured a sideways dive that resulted in the character flipping over a railing like something straight out of a Skate highlight reel.

This gun be gud.

TxdoHawk

I wouldn't say they are all thieves. The stream I was watching last night, the kid got a legit copy from a Mom and Pop shop in NYC.

Yeah, there are mom and pop shops in NY/NJ that sell every single game the minute they get the boxes. No idea how they haven't been fined out of existence, they have been breaking street dates for years. I wound up getting Red Dead Redemption a few days early back then, actually.

I need to go take a little trip tomorrow...

We play, he pays.

We're the bastards now.

tumblr_lk19ovBKsT1qzw92qo1_500.gif

Totally getting it for the 360, PC after! I'm a sucker for a good CE! And Rockstar doesn't do many; I still love my GTA IV PS3 one!

Well I think for 100 bucks what you get is pretty good and R* doesnt fuck around with their bonus gifts. DAT BULLET KEYCHAIN AND DEM ART PRINTZ

Theres no need to mention the SOUNDTRACK thats included =P

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I caved and watched the launch trailer. Surprisingly light on spoilers, all it did was confirm one thing that I had suspected. So ungodly hyped right now. I want to play this so bad that I'm not in the mood for anything else. Good think I have a busy weekend planned so it won't be torture. Now all I need to do is get off my 4:45am Tuesday shift so I can go to the midnight launch and get my marathon on.

Oh yeah that was nasty.

Not to mention
Vlad shot him in the head with a desert eagle

Dude he basically
died in the last game
. His fiending for redemption and to seek out some sort of mental and soul clarity and of course the visions of Mona are
what ultimately led to his resurrection

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Speaking of previous game spoilers, is there a good Youtube video or something that gives a quick overview of the previous two? It's been a while and I'd like a refresher since I won't have enough time to finish the iOS version of MP1 and I only have an old Macbook and a PS3 so I have no way to play 2 again.

If i was female i would friend zone your ass.
KuGsj.gif
Story of my life.

kaskade

I like the emblem. Can't wait to rep it on the characters.

I'll probably watch the multiplayer live stream. I don't think I really want to spoil any of the single player stuff. So close!

kaskade

I'm actually really excited for the full version of tears on Tuesday as well. If I had a pc that could run diablo Tuesday would be insane.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The remix is actually pretty damn kick ass since we don't have the actual full version for now.

edit: but listen to "Perfect Skin" for the time being and picture it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QWTCDArT0k

I have to open at work at 4:45am tomorrow yet I'm just using this song as a jumping off point to listen to more Health stuff instead of going to bed. I'm going to need a lot of caffeine tomorrow.

IMACOMPUTA

Max Payne 2 was one of the first games i played with ragdoll physics.
Max Payne 3 has great cutting edge physics too!

Max Payne is a PHYSICS TECH DEMO CONFIRMED.

Max Payne 2 was such a great game. On the Xbox it had great graphics and controls. Playing with ragdoll physics for the first time was such a cool and fun thing. I beat that game like 3 times.

I never do that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
HA, just finished max payne 2 yesterday for the first time :p, bet there are a lot of people catching up on the story right now...

But yeah 9 years should be enough for unmarked spoilers lol

I just generally assume that if we're having a dedicated thread about a sequel then all bets are off for spoilers for the previous games, especially if we're discussing possible story stuff for the newer game.

R* does soundtracks better than anyone else. Period.
Red Dead's occasional use of songs with lyrics is probably some of the most effective and evocative game music I've ever heard.

cluto

Why am I not able to accept a crew invite? I received the message telling me about the invite, but there's nothing to click on to accept it.

Top Bottom