• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

The Three Musketeer analogy only works in the sense that New Japan feel they need 3 top guys at any given time. I doubt they felt Nakamura, Tanahashi and Shibata were a like for like reincarnation of the original trio.

Also, the year Shibata left, he got a pretty big push. He won his block in the G1, beating Chono, Nak and Tenryu before losing to Tenzan in the semis and then joined Chono's new stable. Even after BML failed, New Japan brought him in and put him over Tanahashi in 2006, the same year Tana won the title for the first time. That was clearly a play to bring him back in to the fold, I just wonder how different things would have been had he accepted.

Dragonzord said:
I don't ever remember a Japanese babyface getting booed until Tanahashi happened.

It happened to Tenryu when Choshu lost to him in the mid 80s for the NWA UN title. Baba didn't see Choshu as an All Japan guy, but the fans didn't care, they wanted to see Choshu on top and resented Tenryu because he was being presented as Baba and Jumbo's chosen one.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
and if I was Naito, i'd probably consider leaving too if I could. You build him and Okada up as this potential mega feud then you got injured and get stuck in the mid card? Amazing matches or not, you gave his fucking belt to AJ Styles on his first day working for the company.

Instead of the next Tanahashi, he's going to be the next Goto from the looks of things. Yujiro Takahashi probably has more momentum these days, even if he's a bullet club lackey.

Total Tag Divas Championship.

Now you're speaking my language, friend.

KE79mVH.gif

You know that stupid move where Jeff holds a guys legs apart and double leg drops their balls....how was that never a DQ?

Also, Jeff's run off the barricade thing. In singles matches that always ended in him getting clotheslines out of midair.

There's a SHINE iPPV tonight too, apparently:

shine19_ippv.jpg

10 Woman Elimination Tag Team War! No Time Limit!
SHINE Champion Ivelisse, Jessicka Havok, Tracy Taylor & SHINE Tag Team Champions The Luchas Sisters (Leva & Mia Yim) vs.Valkyrie (Serena Deeb, Su Yung, April Hunter) & Made In Sin (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made)

Amazing Kong w/Daffney vs. "The Wrestling Goddess" Athena

Leah Von Dutch vs. Taeler Hendrix

Niya Barela vs. La Rosa Negra

"The Gem City Queen" Nevaeh vs. Justine Silver

Solo Darling w/Daffney vs. Luscious Latasha

Plus Special Appearances by Fighting Phenom Noemi "La Rebelde" Bosques & Carmin from The Mike Calta Show!

Carnby

Without fail, live PPVs on the network skip often. I'm watching on a PS4 with a wireless connection. I'm considering purchasing a repeater. Has anyone else had improved performance using a repeater?

somedevil

...not sure why Eva's fans are so keen on exposing her awfulness, but a Divas title reign would certainly do that.

She has fans? I thought they are just being Ironic. She just there until total divas is finally done. After that the WWE will have no real use for her.

Vylash

She has fans? I thought they are just being Ironic. She just there until total divas is finally done. After that the WWE will have no real use for her.

Bitch please, our queen isn't going anywhere, she'll be your divas champ whether you like it or not

tumblr_static_tumblr_mri0gtwdpb1socuwlo1_500.gif

#AllRedEverything

strobogo

Banned
Eva has the most monotone voice I've ever heard. Even when she's mad or happy. Her voice never changes. It doesn't change when she's yelling at Summer. It doesn't change when she's crying to the girls over her struggles with Strobogolism. It doesn't change when she's "super stoked" for something. It doesn't change when she's talking shit in the ring. It's fucking weird. I have a pretty monotone and flat affect myself, but god damn.

Deadspin states that the production feed for tonight's SmackDown is online.

Between this and the production feed of the Neville/Zayn dark match from the main event, someone handling the SmackDown tapings this week screwed up.
Hahahaha. Brahs exposing the business.
Eva has the most monotone voice I've ever heard. Even when she's mad or happy. Her voice never changes. It doesn't change when she's yelling at Summer. It doesn't change when she's crying to the girls over her struggles with Strobogolism. It doesn't change when she's "super stoked" for something. It doesn't change when she's talking shit in the ring. It's fucking weird. I have a pretty monotone and flat affect myself, but god damn.
She's souless brah. Probably offers no resistance when making her humble.

Gorillaz

She's soulless in the eyes but that is to scare her competitors.

I mean her refereeing debut had Nattie shook. She dont want trouble

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five time:

Fave Five Great Overlooked Themes:

5. Surfer Sting
4. Vader's WCW theme
3. Norman Smiley's WCW theme
2. Alex Wright
1. Disco Inferno "Disco Fever"

I realize this list could also be "My Fave Five WCW Wrestlers" but I digress.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sasaki's Road Warrior paint/getup was so much better than Droz.

hKYiCCE.png

strobogo

Banned
Jake's WCW theme sounds like an early 90s NIN song. Martel's WCW theme sounds like a bunch of French Canadians thought they could get funky.

Top Bottom