• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

MC Safety

How many different choruses of He's Got the Whole World in his Hands will we hear tonight?

I'm looking forward to the salsa edition, the duet by Zack Ryder and the reunited cast of The Facts of Life, and a moving rendition by a deaf choir in sign language.

When is the last time the WWE tried to get something over this hard?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't they know that it has to come naturally? The more they push it, the more it gets rejected.

I felt like I was watching a dungeon of doom skit last night during the match.

And I love Brey, i think he is uber talented.

Wait a second! You all hated yesterday's PPV? I thought it was a decent show. Match of the Night was definitely The Shield vs Evolution.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jumping ahead to COTC5 to see Tenryu. Oh man!

Thorakai

When is the last time the WWE tried to get something over this hard?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't they know that it has to come naturally? The more they push it, the more it gets rejected.

I'm honestly surprised that Yes! thing has survived this long. There was a period during the Kane/D.Bry tag-team days that I thought the WWE would absolutely kill the thing with how many skits revolved around Yes/No duels.

I'm honestly surprised that Yes! thing has survived this long. There was a period during the Kane/D.Bry tag-team days that I thought the WWE would absolutely kill the thing with how many skits revolved around Yes/No duels.

You are right, but that was Daniel forcing it, now they are chanting it before he even comes out.

strobogo

Banned
For those that missed the EXCLUSIVE Twitter exchange while the board was down, here is the best part of ER:

iYZ57Um60sQ2o.gif

Other things to come from this exchange: Bateaster Bunny, Bateaster Bunny Bomb, Batista vs Angelina Love: Battle of the Botox.

Yes survived because it wasn't just the chant.

Calling stro. I think you'll like this one, if you haven't already seen it;

The Destroyer (c) vs The Spirit - 2/3 Falls PWF US Heavyweight Title - (AJPW 1975.07.25)

The Spirit is Killer Karl Kox under a mask. He'd done a couple of tours under his usual name in previous years, where he was mostly faced against Baba & Destroyer, then reappeared as The Spirit in '75. I presume he lost some sort of loser leaves town match, but results aren't exactly comprehensive from the early 70's. Things start off smoothly enough with some tough mat wrestling, before The Spirit gains the upperhand using some underhanded tactics (lifted straight from The Destroyer's JWA playbook when he was beating the shit out of Baba and Inoki on the regular). He busts Destroyer open the hardway. I loved it when Destroyer would bleed, it made for a great visual as his white mask got stained. The Destroyer comes back, inevitably, and the final fall sees both guys trying to out-do each other and con the ref with every dirty trick in the book. So much fun. Incidentally, a young Jumbo's at ringside as Destroyer's second.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love Bret's transition from the double clotheslines to the sharpshooter in Summerslam 92. Wish people did more clever switches into their moves like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those that missed the EXCLUSIVE Twitter exchange while the board was down, here is the best part of ER:

iYZ57Um60sQ2o.gif

Other things to come from this exchange: Bateaster Bunny, Bateaster Bunny Bomb, Batista vs Angelina Love: Battle of the Botox.

All garbage.

strobogo

Banned
Calling stro. I think you'll like this one, if you haven't already seen it;

The Destroyer (c) vs The Spirit - 2/3 Falls PWF US Heavyweight Title - (AJPW 1975.07.25)

The Spirit is Killer Karl Kox under a mask. He'd done a couple of tours under his usual name in previous years, where he was mostly faced against Baba & Destroyer, then reappeared as The Spirit in '75. I presume he lost some sort of loser leaves town match, but results aren't exactly comprehensive from the early 70's. Things start off smoothly enough with some tough mat wrestling, before The Spirit gains the upperhand using some underhanded tactics (lifted straight from The Destroyer's JWA playbook when he was beating the shit out of Baba and Inoki on the regular). He busts Destroyer open the hardway. I loved it when Destroyer would bleed, it made for a great visual as his white mask got stained. The Destroyer comes back, inevitably, and the final fall sees both guys trying to out-do each other and con the ref with every dirty trick in the book. So much fun. Incidentally, a young Jumbo's at ringside as Destroyer's second.

Dope. I wish there was more footage of the Destroyer in the US. I would assume if it exists, WWE owns it. He was in the AWA for a while, right? I see that he wrestled in Canada, but it wasn't for Stampede so I'm not sure what WWE owns of it. They do own the Maple Leaf/Tunney stuff. Did he wrestle for them?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, guys.

Apparently the Wyatt kid is

Jamison's. As in Bushwhackers' Jamison.
lVj4Mb5.jpg

Goddammit

Randy: “Okay, we’re going to go into the crowd so Seth can hit his Jeff Hardy spot. It’s going to involve a lot of walking around and climbing up steps and stuff.”

Batista: *starts sweating*

Triple H: “But while that’s going on, one of us is going to have to stay in the ring and just chill out for five minutes or so.”

Batista: “Oh thank God.”

strobogo

Banned
Ok dudes, I need a list of the top 10 worst Bateaster Bunny matches so I can make a special report at Legit Shook just to grind Sunny's gears.

For sure on the list is the Punjabi Prison match, at least one match with Edge, Tista/HHH/Shane vs Legacy, a PPV match against Mr. Kennedy.

They Should repackage ther mid carders s into a dungeon of doom

Del rio as el coyote
Swagger as soaring eagle
Big E as big Elepahant
Big show as the giant

Rapstah

Ok dudes, I need a list of the top 10 worst Bateaster Bunny matches so I can make a special report at Legit Shook just to grind Sunny's gears.

For sure on the list is the Punjabi Prison match, at least one match with Edge, Tista/HHH/Shane vs Legacy, a PPV match against Mr. Kennedy.

Batista/Flair vs. the Dudleys at Rumble '04.

Do tag matches count?

Also, Kane at Armageddon '02.

strobogo

Banned
Booker T is the best thing about the Network. I wish he did a pre show for EVERYTHING that airs on the live stream.

Noooooooooooooooooo Nattie is on the panel

Dope. I wish there was more footage of the Destroyer in the US. I would assume if it exists, WWE owns it. He was in the AWA for a while, right? I see that he wrestled in Canada, but it wasn't for Stampede so I'm not sure what WWE owns of it. They do own the Maple Leaf/Tunney stuff. Did he wrestle for them?

Yep, he wrestled a lot for Maple Leaf over the years and a few times for WWF themselves (including a match against Curt Hennig in the early 80's). As far as I can tell, these are the territories he worked for that WWE now owns in their libraries;

. AWA - 69-72
. Central States - 77-79
. Florida - 65, 75
. Georgia - 78
. Maple Leaf - 79-83
. Mid-Atlantic - 73-74, 80-85
. World Class - 66-67, 77

I doubt the Maple Leaf stuff is a priority (everything I've seen from that territory was pretty dry, to say the least), but maybe if they get some Mid-Atlantic on there soon we'll see a few Destroyer matches. I'd love to see some of the stuff from the 70's and earlier, but as picture quality becomes a problem with the older tapes I assume WWE would be hesitant to put them on the network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was ready to livestream a GWF member creation before Raw, then my streaming setup died. :/

strobogo

Banned
LOOOOOOOOL at Kane trying to tell the guys to stop spraying him. It was hilarious last night and hilarious in the replay.

Booker is THE BEST. He's the best mark of all time.

Top Bottom