• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Gorillaz

If we don't get Little Johnny tonight to open up Raw then it is all for waste.

I want him on the mic dropping a promo with his voice changer and breaking the 4th wall

More notes on Raw:

On Batista and Payback:

So essentially tampering with Bryan's momentum and is subjecting us to another Kane program. Just turn Sheamus and have him win some tournament or something. Another Kane program is all they could think of? Lazy and safe if I ever saw it.

Alucard

Banned
So essentially tampering with Bryan's momentum and is subjecting us to another Kane program. Just turn Sheamus and have him win some tournament or something. Another Kane program is all they could think of? Lazy and safe if I ever saw it.

And Bryan will get blamed for having a bland championship run.

Ithil

One match is Kane is acceptable as a filler feud, but two is absurd. They're better off finding a different one-PPV-only opponent instead. It can just be an upper card guy, doesn't have to be a top name.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I think I'm taking a break from WWE. I'll still watch from the periphery, but am not going to get as engaged. ROH and TNA have earned my attention and dollars more this year.

somedevil

More notes on Raw:

On Batista and Payback:

Al least they found a way to end the feud and have a match that can top the last one. Can't wait for the bitching about this when the had a better match option who turned it down.

Also, name this important debut in wrestling history:

ilktFpWgJ8KFb.gif
iRaa8D7iEtbuA.gif

Toki767

As much as I'm tired of the matchup, why aren't they just going with Bryan vs Orton if Batista doesn't want to job? Orton wasn't the one that lost the match at Mania.

Rapstah

That sucks for Bryan if he's stuck doing a Kane re-match. Even Benoit defended his belt against Triple H the second time.
And then lost it to Orton at SummerSlam but let's not go there.
As much as I'm tired of the matchup, why aren't they just going with Bryan vs Orton if Batista doesn't want to job? Orton wasn't the one that lost the match at Mania.
They mentioned how both of them had a re-match on the Raw after Mania or the one after that, and I think Bryan and Orton are doing house shows for a couple of weeks now. Kind of funny how the only thing Batista can do if he doesn't face Bryan also removes two other Bryan opponent candidates.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He looks like a garbage wrestler pretending to be Rick Martel. Where's the tan, where's the blinding white teeth, where's the perm

gurudyne

If we don't get Little Johnny tonight to open up Raw then it is all for waste.

I want him on the mic dropping a promo with his voice changer and breaking the 4th wall

jOhN CEna, wHiLE yOU laY tHEre hoPeFULlY aS uNcomfOrTAbLe aS YOu pOSsiBly cAn bE, i wAnT You tO lIsTEn To mE

Is there any way to watch Raw or Smackdown if you miss them live? I have cable (xfinity via comcast) and WWE network but I can't seem to find an option to watch old Raw/SmackDown content that isn't like years old.

Rapstah

Any info on the ref botching the count last night?

There wasn't a botch. The announcers and a third of the audience thought it was a normal triple threat match.

Now, there was a separate time when the ref counted once and then said "one" on his second count and Swagger kicked out after he said "two", meaning technically he was pinned, but no one noticed that in comparison.
They've actually got a Rick Martel knock-off in NXT, but he hasn't debuted on TV yet;

rWAYpom.jpg

Travis Tyler? He's jobbed a couple of times.

travistyler_1_full_20140404.png

Rapstah

The ladies match. I forget if it was Paige or the other girl that had a 3-count when it wasn't supposed to happen just yet.

She kicked out, the ref hit the mat the third time but didn't say three. I don't think it really matters, the ref is supposed to be able to decide if it was a two-count or a three-count afterwards.

Now they can book stupid shit, repeat it for 5 months, provide one decent PPV worth the money you've already paid after all that, and get you to subscribe for 6 more months, forever

If only people could have predicted this...

KissVibes

Banned
You guys excited for Rusev to win the US title tonight, claiming it in the name of Russia, only to have John Cena reclaim America at SummerSlam?

Edit: WHERE THE FUCK IS SHAUN RICKER?

More notes on Raw:

On Batista and Payback:

I hope Punk calls into work in the next few weeks. If he's still going by CM Punk at Blackhawk games, I imagine he may not be completely out.

somedevil

Now they can book stupid shit, repeat it for 5 months, provide one decent PPV worth the money you've already paid after all that, and get you to subscribe for 6 more months, forever

Not to ruin your rant but a lot of people like the pay per view last night. It was in the B range pay per view. I don't want another Kane match but what choice do they have? Orton been done too much, Batista said no and Sheamus or Cesaro are not ready yet.

Christ, I understood a Kane feud due to Bryans honeymoon and his dad dying, but they really have nothing for him outside of another 4 weeks of it?

Tell Bootista he's jobbing to Bryan at Payback or he's out.

KissVibes

Banned
Christ, I understood a Kane feud due to Bryans honeymoon and his dad dying, but they really have nothing for him outside of another 4 weeks of it?

Tell Bootista he's jobbing to Bryan at Payback or he's out.

They already paid him a bunch of money up front.

Of course, he sounds pissed that on top of that he isn't getting paid well for PPVs and RAWs

This sounds great, keeps John Cena out of anything of importance for three months!

Hell yeah!

LANA is more over than both of them~

Thorakai

That is still a pretty sweet deal though. I mean if you're a wrestling fan you should already commit yourself to buying Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble at least. That comes out to around the price of a full year of subscription on the Network. You get the rest of the PPVs you wouldn't otherwise buy, all the past PPVs, and cool original programming like the Warrior and D.Bry documentaries. I wouldn't take the quality of last night's PPV (which I enjoyed) to be indicative of WWE getting lazy. It seems about the same level of downturn you would expect from the company from following them for years. They still need to hit their subscription goals if I remember correctly so they are not in a position to rest their laurels financially, either.

Rapstah

He's already out?

So what happens to Kane after he gets buried alive? Is he gone for half a year?

He's out until the Royal Rumble, at which point Daniel Bryan is eliminated when Kane's fire pyro plays and Bryan is distracted, shouting "I buried you alive". They then have a vague build to a bad match at WrestleMania.

finally finished the PPV. it was pretty dumb but kinda entertaining, a step up from the usual WWE dumb and boring. signs of improvement, right?!

Thorakai

I love that despite spending well over a decade(s?) using the word "Superstar" the real world will always call them wrestlers.

Rapstah

I'm sort of looking forward to heel Sheamus.

I'm not looking forward to the Bray/Cena re-match and what contrived build they find for it. Jesus, the build for the WM match was unclear and bad, and then they basically took the leftovers from that and tried really hard to make that fit into the match they had already booked. I am not looking forward to another iteration of that.

actual burial of Bryan? that's called RAW, breh.

hahaha ya got me.

Its seems like it will be this:

Payback: Kane
Battleground: Sheamus
Money in the Bank: Sheamus
Summerslam: Batista or Brock?

Barring any potential injuries, keep it until Survivor Series. This reign needs to mean something. He should defend it at Raw also.

Payback: Kane
Battleground: Some wacky multi-man title defense
Money in the Bank: Sheamus
Summerslam: Cena
Night of Champions: Orton (2/3 falls)
Hell in a Cell: Bray Wyatt
Survivor Series: Brock

Top Bottom