• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Guess who's in the middle of the "Best of the Great American Bash" DVD?

WkraG9W.jpg

What's the best Bluray to buy for a friend who still likes wrestling, loved it years ago, but rarely watches these day, but tries to keep up as much as she can?

First thoughts..

65kfVN9l.jpg

or

1ITWJ9ll.jpg

The only thing that sucks about Batista leaving is that his X-Pac heat was so high it had pretty much turned into legit heel heat. His X-Pac heat went critical mass.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the ppv bonus stuff was one of the main reasons punk walked or thats what rumorsa said. he wanted that shit sorted before hand.

he talks bout it in this interview

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/2...n-wwe-and-mma-brock-lesnar-wwe-network-ufc-on

its briefly mentioned how punk knows shit all about how the ppv pay would work and seemed quite worried by how close it was coming up and they had no info.

easily links to what problems Batista has aswell

Toki767

I don't know why Batista's mad. Sure he didn't get what they promised him, which was I guess the title at Wrestlemania, but he hasn't exactly been close to the same as when he first left.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny Shookery above me, I like it.

Clash of the Champions VII is pretty weird. It was filmed at a military fort - think Tribute to the Troops but with 80s flava. It's pretty nuts and weird. There's a wrestler called The Terrorist. The Ding Dongs debut. It's kinda horrible, but interesting to watch for the atmosphere and ambiance.

Jimmy Garvin as a Freebird is really, really fucking good. And Terry Gordy is a heat magnet with that crowd. Just stirring shit like wild.

Sblargh

Banned
the ppv bonus stuff was one of the main reasons punk walked or thats what rumorsa said. he wanted that shit sorted before hand.

he talks bout it in this interview

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/2...n-wwe-and-mma-brock-lesnar-wwe-network-ufc-on

its briefly mentioned how punk knows shit all about how the ppv pay would work and seemed quite worried by how close it was coming up and they had no info.

easily links to what problems Batista has aswell

It's shady and assholish for WWE to not even inform about changes, but hey, unfortunetly that's what being the biggest kid in the yard allows you to do.

WWE have to screw their talent up finacially a lot before it becomes reasonable for them to go either to Japan or to the indies. And even doing that, WWE is the only product that can put them on american TV where they can get that superstar feel of being famous and hot.

This ignoring TNA because, well, because.

Announced for Raw:

WWE United States champion Dean Ambrose will defend his championship in a 20 Man Battle Royal during tonight's Raw broadcast from Albany, NY. The storyline is that The Authority is forcing him into a situation where he's very much against the odds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey, Adam Rose tonight.

Prayers he gets a good debut. Also say hello to your new US Champion, The Manimal, Dabe Baptista.

Toki767

First time a title was actually defended in a battle royal as opposed to using one to crown a new champion?

Also pretty clear that Bo Dallas is going to win it if Ambrose doesn't retain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First time a title was actually defended in a battle royal as opposed to using one to crown a new champion?

Smacks of "oh shit we left this thing on him too long" - but they may build to a PPV with it.

Rapstah

It's probably going to be Sheamus as part of what WWE will think is an amazing heel turn.

Edit: They hang a red piece of cloth over the WWF logo on the WWF Wrestlefest arcade machine in the second episode of WWE Warehouse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Network loses another:

WWE executive Matt Singerman was recently let go by the company, most likely at some point in the past week.

Singerman was the Executive Vice President of Programming and was responsible for all of the programming on the WWE Network, so this was a pretty big departure.

Toki767

King of Swing to be a 2 time champ. or Swagger winning

They should just give it to RVD. He's popular enough to put some prestige to the belt, but they don't see him as a main eventer so he can job while having it.

They could also let Barrett win it to unify the US and IC title though.

Ric Flair

Banned
It sure as hell seems like all of the B-tier dirtsheet sites got their news about why Batista's leaving straight out of yesterday's Figure Four Daily with Dave Meltzer and he wasn't even saying what they are reporting. Meltzer reported that he's leaving in part because he didn't get what they told him he would get when he signed and there's less money than he thought there would be, but he also confirmed that Batista didn't want to lose at Bryan at Summerslam Payback and that the disagreement with Vince because of that made Batista leave now instead of in a month.

Can't say I'll miss him. His in-ring work was pretty bad, always looked gassed. His look is pretty bad too now, his head looks like an old nipple

Sblargh

Banned

Divas title on Wrestlemania, mang! Poor AJ, it was her greatest moment!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What was that?

"The seventh match was the 14-Diva single-fall Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational for the WWE Divas Championship; this marked the first time the title was defended at WrestleMania."

No over-the-top stip, etc.

Rose definitely needs to boost him gimmick from NxT. Coming out with 20 people will not work in a big arena.100+, and multiple bunnies, then we got something

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why Batista's mad. Sure he didn't get what they promised him, which was I guess the title at Wrestlemania, but he hasn't exactly been close to the same as when he first left.

how would you feel if you signed a contract for work saying you would get paid X amount or would get this or that and then when it comes to the moment its taken away ?

Toki767

how would you feel if you signed a contract for work saying you would get paid X amount or would get this or that and then when it comes to the moment its taken away ?

But how would you feel if the person you tried hard to bring back didn't come back at their best. They just showed up for a paycheck for the first month or two while the other guy that's already there works harder than ever?

Batista didn't live up to their expectations so I don't see why he should still be getting paid a lot.

Laserfrog

I couldn't get on GAF and I got scared, but I can get on now as evidenced by this message, so all is right with the world once again.

Of course Batista is leaving, I'd be pissed to if I was promised Kaitlyn and she left when I go there. Brah was behind that Twitter account I bet...

More notes on Raw:

The Sheild vs. The Wyatts with Evolution as the guest timekeepers are scheduled for tonight's show as the TV main event.

On Batista and Payback:

If you're following the Batista story, he essentially is staying but not having to lose to Daniel Bryan on 6/1. Payback has been changed to a Shield vs. Evolution rematch and Daniel Bryan vs. Kane in a Buried Alive match.

Top Bottom