• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cmon guys HHH is all about helping the young and upcoming talent he wouldn't put himself in the main event, stay in the ring and force some pity cheers and have his music close the show even though he lost....oh wait

tumblr_lsk9547SCg1r0d6q2o1_500.jpg

The problem isn't HHH, but Vince and Steph. They're the ones in charge of the TV product. And they'd never let their precious son-in-law heir/hubby look bad.

HHH may have an ego, but he actually knows and cares about wrestling. Unlike Vince and Steph, who want to be "sports entertainers" and hire writers from As The World Turns instead of actual bookers.

Trips/Brock. Man a 3 stages of Hell would have been bad ass, but I don't know if they could carry such a match. It's too bad the feud hasn't gone well because HHH has always done good in this gimmick matches. Last Man Standing, Hell in a Cell, No Hold barred etc.
I didn't see the match so I can't say if it sucked for real or not. I'm sure they did what they could without taking any extreme risks for either of them.
edit: maybe I would have added Stephanie at ring side. Just because. Fans can be lukewarm to non-DX face HHH.

It was better than their Wrestlemania match but still nothing above average. The problem with the Brock vs Triple H feud is Triple H doesn't seem to understand why people like Brock. People don't watch Brock to see a 50/50 match, they watch Brock to see him beat the shit out of people. That's why his match with Cena was so awesome. He beat the shit out of Cena for 99% of the match and Super Cena only got like 30 seconds of offence to steal the fucking win.

Yet Triple H strolls in and apparently he can stand toe to toe with Brock and get 50% or more of the offence. Bullshit. Nobody in their right mind thinks Triple H could actually beat Brock in a fight. No-one. Realistically, everyone in the WWE should be big underdogs fighting Brock, yet Triple H didn't wrestle that way at all.

Second, even if he did try to play the underdog, Triple H has been booked so strongly for so long that he doesn't have that kind of emotional connection with the crowd. It's why he'll never get that post-match reaction that he wants, unless someone else is there to get people to care (like Taker and HBK in their WM match).

Penguin

Since we're hot off the heels of Extreme Rules it's time for YOU, Wrasslegaffers, to rebook Extreme Rules.

Here's the results and means done - tell us what you would have changed and how, and most importantly, WHY:

1. Chris Jericho defeated Fandango. Jericho countered a leap from the top rope into a Codebreaker for the win.
Would have kept this the same.
Fandango has come off well in this feud, and Jericho needed a PPV win.

2. Dean Ambrose defeated Kofi Kingston to become the new United States Champion. Ambrose avoided Trouble in Paradise from Kingston and hit a bulldog driver to become the new champ.
This was fine.

3. Sheamus defeated Mark Henry in a strap match. Sheamus won by Brogue Kicking Henry and dragging him to all four corners, per the stipulation of the match. This went about 8 minutes.
This was fine
Just the feud was weird because Sheamus comes off as a bigger heel, but needed to go over since they do have a heel champion.

4. Alberto Del Rio defeated Jack Swagger in an I Quit Match to become the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. Zeb Colter originally won the match for Swagger by knocking down Ricardo Rodriguez and “throwing in the towel,” but his ruse was revealed via instant replay and the match continued. Del Rio made Swagger submit in the cross armbreaker.
I already mentioned this before.. should have ended at the towel toss-in

5. The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) defeated Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan and Kane) to become the new WWE Tag Team Champions. The Shield won with a combination torture rack/knee drop/slam to win the titles. Now every member of The Shield has a championship.
Would have just given this more time. But I guess tornado tags are harder to book since it's just 4 bodies in the ring at all times.

6. Randy Orton defeated The Big Show in an Extreme Rules Match. Orton hit an RKO onto a steel chair, then punted Big Show in the head to win the match.
Honestly, neither man needed the win here.. not sure guess the end works.

7. The Last Man Standing Match between WWE Champion John Cena and Ryback was ruled a No Contest. Ryback picked up Cena and crashed through the set, leaving both men unconscious. Cena was carried away in a neck brace.
Aside from not having the ref count to make it official
I would have reversed this match.
Cena should have been the guy fighting for his life, and Ryback getting frustrated that he kept getting up. Should have been Cena who had one final desperate act of pushing Ryback through the stage to keep him down.

8. Brock Lesnar defeated Triple H in a steel cage match. WWE debuted a new, “reinforced” steel cage here. Lesnar won with an F5 in about 20 minutes.

This entire match!
I get that you needed to make Brock look weak, but there's a steel cage.. and you already had Triple H gain the upperhand at the start of the match.. between that and the knee injury.. it was just too much
But the whining and crying and.. GAH

strobogo

Banned
I have a hard time believing that HHH doesn't have the power and pull to say he doesn't want to wrestle and thinks it is a bad idea to be booked like king bad ass over Bork 2 PPVs in a row. I don't have the deep HHHatred or anything, but I think he obviously has more say in what he does than pretty much anyone besides Taker and Cena. If he really thought having matches and looking much stronger than Brock even was a bad idea, he is able to get out of it. But he obviously doesn't think that since he's now had 3 matches with Bork and Bork had to use weapons and Paul in a cage match to win.

I wish Bork and Paul would pull Vince and the writing crew aside and tell them that this is not the way to book Brock Lesnar. And that using him to put HHH over is extremely wasteful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching the Bork/Trips match right now and say what you will about Hanter and Bork wrestling but Bork really brings his A-game every time and does as he's told and sells like a champ.

I'm watching the Bork/Trips match right now and say what you will about Hanter and Bork wrestling but Bork really brings his A-game every time and does as he's told and sells like a champ.

Bork is fantastic and he always is.

AHHHHHHH MY KNEE!

MY KNEE PAUL!

THAT'S WHY HE'S MY MANAGER!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have a hard time believing that HHH doesn't have the power and pull to say he doesn't want to wrestle and thinks it is a bad idea to be booked like king bad ass over Bork 2 PPVs in a row. I don't have the deep HHHatred or anything, but I think he obviously has more say in what he does than pretty much anyone besides Taker and Cena. If he really thought having matches and looking much stronger than Brock even was a bad idea, he is able to get out of it. But he obviously doesn't think that since he's now had 3 matches with Bork and Bork had to use weapons and Paul in a cage match to win.

I have a harder time believing Steph and Vince would care.

This is a company that didn't cut cena when he was in OVW because daddy's little princess had a crush on him and liked his rapping.

That's how Vince and Steph run the place. Like their own little sandbox.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have a harder time believing Steph and Vince would care.

This is a company that didn't cut cena when he was in OVW because daddy's little princess had a crush on him and liked his rapping.

They made the right choice, WWE survived off of Cena (and still does)

Unfortunately I have not kept up with this season of Chikara. Did you ever end up posting that theory about the potential time traveling stuff that's going on? I tried finding it but may have overlooked it.

I'll post that bad boy later today. Thought I had my house sold last week and the duder pulled out on contact day, so I've been doing some self medicating.

I'll post that bad boy later today. Thought I had my house sold last week and the duder pulled out on contact day, so I've been doing some self medicating.

wtf.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear. There is no contract signing for the contract signing? There has to be something you can do. He fucked you over.

Video games suck. The video game PR industry in particular makes me want to puke. It's a bad day. I don't know why community managers feel they have to vaguetweet about shit and swear like that makes them edgy. Morons.

Also, people are calling the Hash Key on a keyboard the Hashtag now.

CHRIST!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wtf.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear. There is no contract signing for the contract signing? There has to be something you can do. He fucked you over.

Yo dawg I put

I work in real estate, and it's basically just some last-minute shit that can happen. It isn't necessarily "fucking you over" it's just pulling out on the last possible moment you can pull out. Most people don't do that but that's what it's there for.

Wherabouts you sellin, Bill? Market's going up...

wtf.

He signed the month hold for inspections and whatnot, but he had until the final sale contact to back out. I put 5k in the house so he would buy. I also couldn't show it for the last two months because of him. I found my dream house and can't get out now. I'm more then a little salty.

Yo dawg I put

I work in real estate, and it's basically just some last-minute shit that can happen. It isn't necessarily "fucking you over" it's just pulling out on the last possible moment you can pull out. Most people don't do that but that's what it's there for.

Wherabouts you sellin, Bill? Market's going up...

Cleveland area, the market had nowhere to go but up

jmdajr

It was better than their Wrestlemania match but still nothing above average. The problem with the Brock vs Triple H feud is Triple H doesn't seem to understand why people like Brock. People don't watch Brock to see a 50/50 match, they watch Brock to see him beat the shit out of people. That's why his match with Cena was so awesome. He beat the shit out of Cena for 99% of the match and Super Cena only got like 30 seconds of offence to steal the fucking win.

I don't know if HHH has ever sold an entire match. He's always had lots of offense.

Cena on the other hand can get whooped an entire match and then go Superman.

Anyway I know what you mean, but it worked with Cena because wrestling fans loved to watch him get his ass beat. Can't say the same about HHH.

That's how America currently is, you doing this via Realtor I assume and not FSBO?

I have a realtor has been doing a good job. I think the main thing that's stopping the house from selling at the pond the backyard. seems like its chasing away most of the young family that come and look

He signed the month hold for inspections and whatnot, but he had until the final sale contact to back out. I put 5k in the house so he would buy. I also couldn't show it for the last two months because of him. I found my dream house and can't get out now. I'm more then a little salty.

that's terrible man =/

-----------

Today is the two year anniversary of Macho Man Randy Savage's death. Post up your favorite Savage moments!

Cup of Coffee In the Big Time
Cream of the Crop

Kacho

Gold Member
If Bryan went back to singles competition what would the WWE do with him? Would they throw him back in the WHC hunt or start preping him for WWE Championship bouts?

He seems way too over (and talented) at this point to do nothing significant with him.

Why? This is like the fourth time they've pulled this shit in the last year. It's a shit finish that castrates the heels but Swagger was never going to win. Swagger vs Ziggler would be a really bad move, especially given Swagger's sloppiness and their mediocre match on Raw a few weeks ago.

Speaking of that match, fuck Mike Chioda did a shit job. Asking if they want to quit every 5 seconds was incredibly annoying, especially when he'd hold it there forever until they said no. It's an I Quit match, not a fucking Say No to Continue match, silence is a valid alternative to quitting.

They've never had an RINGSIDE INSTANT REPLAY. I hope that shit got destroyed by the spear through the baracade.

In all seriousness though - bored of Del Rio and I love the We the People gimmick. I think Swagger has been really good the past couple of weeks and would have liked a Ziggler/Swagger matchup to play on the concussion.

http://www.vamosfestival.com/event/vamos-mexican-wrestling/

¡VAMOS! Mexican Wrestling

A stupendously fun event on the final weekend of ¡VAMOS!

Ably introduced by Erika Servin , we welcome the return of the Mexican Wrestlers of ¡VAMOS! 2010! Watch as El Ligero and co, do battle between the opposing forces of good and evil.

Alongside these life-changing battles will be a delectable selection of Latin American food stalls, vibrant decorations, children’s games, including make your own Día de Muertos felt motif by Made in Jesmond, Piñata workshops by Ximena Cordova (advance booking for both is required) topped off with the Funky Butt Djs PLUS an Especial Chicas line-up with the award winning Dj Etchasqratch (Moohmbaton), Lalya, (Urban Bass), Paulah (House, Disco, Festeje) with live percussion from Paco Rivera and Carlitos.

All this within the stunning surroundings of the Boiler Shop (behind Central Station). Phew!

There will be limited early bird tickets for £6, followed by £8 advance and more on the door.

Event:¡VAMOS! Mexican Wrestling
Start:July 13, 2013 5:00 pm
End:July 13, 2013 11:00 pm
Cost:£8
Category:Art, Family, Food, Music

Google Map Sussex Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE1 3PD, United Kingdom

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't even feel like complaining about WWE today.

Read on the dirtsheets AJ vs. Kaitlyn is likely happening tonight, so there's that. Plus The Shield. I like The Shield.

Since we're hot off the heels of Extreme Rules it's time for YOU, Wrasslegaffers, to rebook Extreme Rules.

Here's the results and means done - tell us what you would have changed and how, and most importantly, WHY:

1. Chris Jericho defeated Fandango.

This match was boring so make it extreme rules or something. Ending can stay the same.

2. Dean Ambrose defeated Kofi Kingston to become the new United States Champion. Ambrose avoided Trouble in Paradise from Kingston and hit a bulldog driver to become the new champ.

Keep this one pretty much the same, but I would of had it later in the card

3. Sheamus defeated Mark Henry in a strap match. If we have to do the light in the corners stuff I would keep the match the same up until the end. When Sheamus is about to win, Mark Henry frees himself from the strap and just beats the shit out of sheamus. He loses the match but gets heat and Sheamus gets payback for cheating. A couple of world strongest slams later, Mark Henry leaves Sheamus under a pile of the strap and shouts "That's what I DOOOOOOOOOO"

4. Alberto Del Rio defeated Jack Swagger in an I Quit Match Cut out the instant replay bullshit. Just have the ending be Del Rio get Swagger in the cross arm breaker and Swagger keeps getting out of it like he was, but each time Del Rio gets him back into it. On the 3rd or 4th time Swagger just can't take it anymore and has to quit. Keeps both of them looking fairly strong. At least better off than the match they had

5. The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) defeated Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan and Kane) to become the new WWE Tag Team Champions. The Shield won with a combination torture rack/knee drop/slam to win the titles. Now every member of The Shield has a championship.

Good match but could have been better. Give it 10 more minutes and let the guys take care of the rest

6. Randy Orton defeated The Big Show in an Extreme Rules Match. Orton hit an RKO onto a steel chair, then punted Big Show in the head to win the match.

Keep the match the same except when Orton goes for the punt, Big Show dodges it and hits him with the knockout punch. Pretty much the way he dodged the brougue kick a few months back. This helps Randy snap and get revenge and turn heel which I guess is what they are going for

7. The Last Man Standing Match between WWE Champion John Cena and Ryback was ruled a No Contest. Ryback picked up Cena and crashed through the set, leaving both men unconscious. Cena was carried away in a neck brace.

Keep the match the same. When the ref gets to the back he sees both men and calls for medic. He never starts to count. After a little bit, they are starting to put Cena in a brace as Ryback slowly gets up. As they put Cena on the board, Ryback grabs the ref and forces him to count. Ryback stands over Cena's lifeless body as the ref reluctantly counts. Ryback wins. If they are going to turn him heel, might as well get as much heat as fucking possible. Ryback music plays but he never comes out to celebrate. The next night on Raw instead of having a new champ celebration, Ryback just randomly shows up while a face is out there (think Kofi giving a promo about losing US title). Ryback squashing face then grabs a mic and he can cut a promo saying his time is now

8. Brock Lesnar defeated Triple H in a steel cage match. WWE debuted a new, “reinforced” steel cage here. Lesnar won with an F5 in about 20 minutes.

Make this a back and forth match with Brock doing the hurt knee later in the match. Triple H get the upper hand and grabs the sledgehammer. All his years of burying people with it come back to haunt him as Brock gets it away from him and just beats the shit out of him. Eventually Heyman pleads with Brock to stop only to have Brock hold HHH up while Heyman gets a few whacks in. Brock stands over HHH and pins him with one foot. Sets Brock up to put over some up and coming talent (yeah right) and lets HHH go the fuck away

I kept most of the matches pretty much the same and only changed two match results. Or rather changed one and added a actual ending to one.

Alternatively keeping the ending to Cena vs. Ryback the same as it was and having Vince come out either later that night or on Raw stating that Cena is out and that Ryback has beed declared the winner and new WWE champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kept most of the matches pretty much the same and only changed two match results. Or rather changed on and added a actual ending to one.

Not bad not bad. The results don't seem so bad, just the way they went about it.

I don't know if HHH has ever sold an entire match. He's always had lots of offense.

Cena on the other hand can get whooped an entire match and then go Superman.

Anyway I know what you mean, but it worked with Cena because wrestling fans loved to watch him get his ass beat. Can't say the same about HHH.

First HHH-Taker WM match he was mostly manhandled like a bitch. He obviously got some offense in, but not much. Plus: he obviously lost.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not bad not bad. The results don't seem so bad, just the way they went about it.

WWE isn't bad at all right now. It's just that they're so boring that I feel apathic for at least three quarters of each of the programs they put on now. Long live fast forward.

Top Bottom