• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
Mainline WWE = Not NXT. Ziggler is still a loser who can barely beat Kofi and almost all of Big E's awesomeness is on Twittah or NXT. JBL repeats himself constantly. For most of the matches, he's as bad as King and Cole until he gets annoyed and starts calling matches and dropping random references.

In WWE proper, Claudio is a jobber, Punk is gone, Cena is Cena, Regal doesn't wrestle, Wade is a champion and can't even get on a PPV, Rhodes Scholars are jobbers or not on TV at all. All of the best dudes are used terribly, except for Shield and D-Bryne (and Kane, I guess).

That's (me) my manager!

4E6DCD45-A83D-4A41-AF15-7F4D0D7CFDC9-24113-00000E93C34B5981_zps89c27ca9.jpg

tm24

Mike Johnson's Cena column is pretty good. Have fun watching RAW guys, ima go watch basketball and then wrestling I actually like later tonight!

strobogo

Banned
Bleh. Who really cares about the details of a new system? Obviously it is going to be crazy, but the games are what matters. GAF going down all day for a system reveal is terrible.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bleh. Who really cares about the details of a new system? Obviously it is going to be crazy, but the games are what matters. GAF going down all day for a system reveal is terrible.

You dont think there might be games there, too? Id guess we see something.

Aiii

So not worth it
I vowed after the first gen Xbox to never buy another one. So I have two 360's I never play on. Ever.

I'm just happy it's being released at the same time as PS4, maybe this time I can keep my vow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno I just buy what I want, I don't make commitments, especially not to companies.

strobogo

Banned
You dont think there might be games there, too? Id guess we see something.

I'm sure there will be, but probably next gen Kinect and another Halo or something. Or cross gen games that have already been announced on PS4. The specs are going to be so high that they won't even make sense and how many people that aren't developers really even know what the specs actually mean anyway?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure there will be, but probably next gen Kinect and another Halo or something. Or cross gen games that have already been announced on PS4. The specs are going to be so high that they won't even make sense and how many people that aren't developers really even know what the specs actually mean anyway?

Man, I can't help but die laughing how some people have taken gddr5 and run with it, it's a mix of absolutely pathetic and hopeful. It's a riot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I care about games too, but I'm not about to put my faith in Microsoft hardware again any time soon - maybe once the thing's been out a couple of years and has proven itself not to be as wholly unreliable as the 360 was.

If anything, I'd believe the hardware would be done right this time, as it sure as shit cost them last time. Cost them a huge sum.

strobogo

Banned
It probably took every bone in your body to write, "and I guess Kane."

Hurts, doesn't it?

Nah, that was just for your benefit. Kane has been awesome lately. No qualifications. The last month has probably been the best in ring month of his career. Hell No was really dragging at the start of the year, but now that they have focus again, they've been great. Kane included.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, forgot I had an Only On Xbox avatar. Viral marketer confirmed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm still contemplating buying a 3ds. I want some games, but the idea of using that screen instead of my tv is a bummer. It's not even the quality of graphics, it's basic image quality.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nah, that was just for your benefit. Kane has been awesome lately. No qualifications. The last month has probably been the month has probably been the best in ring month of his career. Hell No was really dragging at the start of the year, but now that they have focus again, they've been great. Kane included.
And he's 46!

Thanks, buddy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm still contemplating buying a 3ds. I want some games, but the idea of using that screen instead of my tv is a bummer. It's not even the quality of graphics, it's basic image quality.
I just picked up an XL, and the thing is fantastic. RE: Revelations and Fire Emblem are really great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just picked up an XL, and the thing is fantastic. RE: Revelations and Fire Emblem are really great.

I've been holding off on Revelations due to the HD port. A shame that it isn't coming to Vita, but I own uh, everything so I can find something. Going with PC ver I think due to price.

Fire Emblem is the bombay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

If I get one, it'll be the Animal Crossing pop-tart, and I really REALY want Pokemon. Which is weird because I completely fell off the series until White 2 and I was content with that but all the new stuff looks great. I also want Batmanvania and SMT 4, but I don't want to spend that much with next-gen coming also.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Animal Crossing is gonna be dope as fuck, I already preordered. I'm SET.

Gonna set the phrase animals learn as "MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!"

gurudyne

Since we're hot off the heels of Extreme Rules it's time for YOU, Wrasslegaffers, to rebook Extreme Rules.

Here's the results and means done - tell us what you would have changed and how, and most importantly, WHY:

1. Chris Jericho defeated Fandango. Jericho countered a leap from the top rope into a Codebreaker for the win. (No change. Jericho needs more wins if he's going to continue putting people over. Ending with a solid victory over a hell is a good finish here, but now he needs to move onto something decent. WHC or hell, even one last IC run would do wonders. Wade could use it.)

2. Dean Ambrose defeated Kofi Kingston to become the new United States Champion. Ambrose avoided Trouble in Paradise from Kingston and hit a bulldog driver to become the new champ. (No change.)

3. Sheamus defeated Mark Henry in a strap match. After an extended back and forth bout of punches and kicks that escalates to a back and forth beatdown with the straps, Henry edges out Sheamus and takes control. Sheamus curls into a ball until Henry gets tired of hitting him, then Sheamus rolls out of the ring. Henry tries going for the turnbuckles, leading to a vicious spot where he can't reach the third, so tries to yank Sheamus back into the ring by his arm, cracking Sheamus' ribs against the apron, then Henry repeats this several times. Turnbuckles reset, but Henry laughs it off cause DATS WHAT HE DO. Rest of the match plays out like normal. (More character spots, but the underlying logic of the match is sound. Needed a better run up where Sheamus ISN'T a huge dick, or he gets called on it.)

4. Alberto Del Rio defeated Jack Swagger in a ladders match after Big E runs in and puts Swagger down for the five count. After the match, Big E plants a ladder shot on Swagger's head while AJ laughs on the sideline. Del Rio tries to put an end to it (to Zeb's dismay) but gets tossed over the top rope by Big E. Builds to Swags-v-E at Payback. (Plays up Ziggler's role, doesn't remove the ladder match stip and gives Swags something to do where he isn't in the way of something important. Also, Big E could use the practice. Heel v heel, sure, but E can be entertaining enough to overcome that.)

5. The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) defeated Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan and Kane) to become the new WWE Tag Team Champions. The Shield won with a combination torture rack/knee drop/slam to win the titles. Now every member of The Shield has a championship. (No change.)

6. Kaitlyn beats AJ Lee for the Divas championship. Straightforward match, Aj fails to get the black widow locked in, Kaitlyn capitalizes with a side slam, then a spear for the win. Straightforward match. (Big Show and Orton forgot they had a match, went home and watched TV for the night.)

7. Ryback defeats Cena in a Last Man Standing match for the WWE title. Ryback gets up at the 9 count after that last spot. Aside from that, did a good job of making Cena look vulnerable...you know, for Cena. Can't think of more ways to change this match that wouldn't fuck with that.

8. Brock Lesnar defeated Triple H in a steel cage match. WWE debuted a new, “reinforced” steel cage here. Lesnar won with an F5 in about 20 minutes. No change to what is printed here, but good God, everything else needs to be fixed. The run up should favor Brock's revenge and rage versus Trips' ego over beating him on the grand stage. After their first post-WM encounter, HHH is definitely on his back foot for the rest of the feud which involves face to face beatdowns, smack talk with Heyman and not wasting Lesnar's appearances on hokey spots like destroying IKEAland.

strobogo

Banned
The Beauitful Pictures of Hardware (or something like that) made me want to get a Vita and XL3DS, but then I remembered that I don't really do handheld gaming nor do I go anywhere where I would be playing them. It feels weird to just stay at home playing hand held games when I have a big TV in front of me.

There are only 2-3 games I'd want to play, and then I'd never touch them again. Just like when I had a DS. And Wii.

strobogo

Banned
I had more PS2s die than 360s. My 360 lasted 5 years with no trouble until the drive started having issues reading discs. I probably could have had it fixed, because other wise it still worked perfectly.

bangai-o

Banned
i started reading Man on Fire. the librarian told me that the character "Creasy" is featured in a few more books. i hope I started in the right order.

Top Bottom