• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

I better see some god damn Dontaku discussion next week and it better be more people than Bootaaay, Sunflower, and FallingEdge, or whoever else talks about Japanese wrestling all the time. New blood! Come on!

Excluded from New Japan-GAF. The dishespect hurts.

Edit: For the new page:

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2013.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

iVj7hs5YqfN6j.jpg

17:00 JST | 10:00 CEST | 09:00 BST | 03:00 EDT | 00:00 PDT

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25 to watch live and/or on-demand for a week after broadcast.

Road to Wrestling Dontaku - 04/20/13
Road to Wrestling Dontaku - 04/21/13

0. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
2. Fale Triumphant Return Match: Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs Devitt Army (Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale)
3. IWGP & NWA Heavweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi)
4. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma
5. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
6. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton Benjamin
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Sun is now more into puro than I am.

It's just because of my Strongman pics I show.

Yo Muscle Orchestra ain't winnin tonight, I unfortunately know Strongman's schedule for the next few months. :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sun can't even keep his eyes open long enough to watch live. Weaker than Batista's grappling skills.

My eyes turn into slants if I try to stay up to watch a Japanese iPPV

that's not supposed to sound racist, I simply cant keep my eyes open

DC only makes animated batman movies as well.

I would love a good flash or green arrow movie

Also goona have to catch the vod of dontaku.Pretty busy this weekend

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just realized the other day, WWE has had Raw in Mexico now but it was after Eddie's death. Could you even imagine the pop if he was still alive when they went there?

dream

In response to your earlier question, Bootaaay, I would buy Hulk vs Bully Ray Dudley on PPV.

But I'm thinking about the time when Philly marked the f out for Hulk on PPV and I think I've come up with a way for Impact Wrestling to make this appeal to even the worst of jaded wrasslegaffers.

Imagine Bully Ray Dudley spending the 2 or 3 months preceding his fight with Hulk returning to the xtreme, busting up Hulk's guys like Stinger, Kurt Angle, and Matt Morgan with kendo sticks and garbage cans. He'd do the D-Von Get The Tables and put Hulk's son Nick through a flaming table. He'd then threaten to do the same to Brooke when TOMMY DREAMER runs out to try to stop it. And Bully Ray Dudley absolutely beats the hell of Dreamer, indicating that he is the most extreme rassler in the world. But that leaves Brooke in the ring, defenseless, about to be put through the same flaming table that took the life of her brother. But just when it looks like all hope is lost and that there is nobody who can stop the xtreme reign of Bully Ray Dudley, we see the return of someone we thought we'd never see again...

Hardcore Hogan, back for one night only, in an xtreme rules fight against the current king of the xtreme, Bully Ray Dudley to defend the honor of both his family and the legacy of hardcore wrestling.

bangai-o

Banned
I just realized the other day, WWE has had Raw in Mexico now but it was after Eddie's death. Could you even imagine the pop if he was still alive when they went there?

Cena would still get bigger pop in Mexico. I believe that Raw was in Mexico City. Eddie is from the north. I dont ever recall seeing a Raw in El Paso, so I am unsure of how loud they were.

tm24

Cena would still get bigger pop in Mexico. I believe that Raw was in Mexico City. Eddie is from the north. I dont ever recall seeing a Raw in El Paso, so I am unsure of how loud they were.

Eddie would of gotten huge pops in Arena Mexico no matter what. Arena Mexico lean rudo-heavy and tweener heavy. Arena Mexico booed Mistico who was the John Cena of Mexico

KissVibes

Banned
I was just kidding, I was trying to upset you :p

I'm surprised they never gave him a chance, he busted his balls trying to make a name for himself.

I know you were joking, that's why I made the vital element remark.

I guess maybe they didn't want another Ryder situation? Bateman began making himself popular on With Leather and then did the whole USA Guy thing which got some buzz. He seems like he could be a decent to good comedic face and maybe more with the right haircut and/or facial hair.

That NXT gif reminds me of how fucking handsome Daniel Bryan is without the hobo beard and messy hair. Seriously. I like his beard and all but cleaned up, he's got the look to be a top face and representative for the company.

He doesn't have any tattoos either. He's perfect.

GhaleonQ

Looks like it's On Demand for a week after the event airs. I don't know how soon they upload though. This will be the first PPV I order from them. The event starts in like three and a half hours so I would check their ustream sometime tomorrow or Saturday.

I can't help you much with the characters. The only ones I'm really familiar with right now are Okada, Okada's friend, Suzuki, Tanahashi, Nakamura, and Davey Boy Smith Jr. What I've observed from them so far;

Kazuchika Okada - Current IWGP Heavyweight Champ. Leader of a heel stable, but is cool enough that everyone likes him. Also he got into a feud with another heel stable that everyone hates more, so he's kind of a face. He is rich and money falls from the ceiling when he comes out.

Okada's friend - I don't know his name, but this is basically Okada's manager. He has a raspy voice and people cheer when he gets on the microphone. He is missing a tooth.

Minoru Suzuki - Leader of the heel stable that is fighting Okada's. He has crazy pattern buzzed into his hair. He seems like a real tough guy.

Hiroshi Tanahashi - Former IWGP Heavyweight Champ. Seems like a pretty major babyface, although he got some boos when he employed some heel tactics in his last match with Okada. Overall though he seems like a pretty friendly guy when he is not suplexing you on your head.

Shinsuke Nakamura - Current IWGP Intercontinental Champ. This guy is weird. He has a strange posture, strange mannerisms, strange way of speaking, and he has this weird rubber legs thing that he does. He's kind of like an ASW fighting game character brought to life. He likes to hit people with his knees. Crowd loves him. I think he is a member of Okada's stable.

Davey Boy Smith Jr. - Son of the late Davey Boy Smith, aka British Bulldog. This guy ordered "Heels for Dummies" off of Amazon and memorized every last word. Threatening to hit fans, insulting them, flipping them off, refusing to shake hands, excessive taunting, cheating to win, it's all there. In his last match against Nakamura, he put him in a rear chin lock and then grabbed Nakamura's hand and hit it against the mat then tried to pretend Nakamura tapped out.

I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with the roster, as the few guys I've seen have been pretty great so far.

Much, much appreciated here! I'm not sure how reliable this is and the site occasionally annoys me overall, but this was my default guide before getting into a bit early this year. http://cewshreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/cewsh-scouts-new-japan.html I'm going to have to cut some wrestling to make New Japan work, but I'm hopeful it'll be worth it. It's been weird for me to know AKI's and Human's/Spike's characters from their Japan-only wrestling games but be totally clueless today.

You guys are included! That's why I put "whoever else watches Japanese wrestling"! I uh...specifically had you guys in mind!

Shame on you.

Edit: Oh and to answer one of your previous posts, the VOD version of NJPW shows usually go up within an hour or two of the finish.

We would have some more awesome matches between Eddie and Cena. Cena would still be a heel

strobogo

Banned
DC only makes animated batman movies as well.

I would love a good flash or green arrow movie

Also goona have to catch the vod of dontaku.Pretty busy this weekend

Green Arrow had a pretty great short on the DC Showcase set. Somehow, not only does Flash not have a live action movie, but he doesn't even have a SHORT devoted to him. What the fuck, DC? Flash might not be the most popular hero, but he's for sure a house hold name. Everyone knows The God Damn Flash. They must have totally given up after the TV show failed. I'm pretty confident that a Flash movie would do better than Green Lantern and maybe even Wonder Woman. But you know who does have movies? Steel and Jonah Hex. They have live action bombs. I don't even know what the point of Steel was since they didn't use any characters from the comics except for Steel and then he had no connection to Superman at all. And Jonah fucking Hex? For reals? DC, you are terrible at your movie decisions. It's a good thing Batman is Batman.

RipRamsey

Quick question. I know Mr. Rooooooooode's contract was up with TNA recently and TNA didn't even realize it. Why would he pass up going for some WWE money? I can't see them not being interested in him. The only thing I can think of is they'd want to shove him into NXT first and he wouldn't be interested in that.

Quick question. I know Mr. Rooooooooode's contract was up with TNA recently and TNA didn't even realize it. Why would he pass up going for some WWE money? I can't see them not being interested in him. The only thing I can think of is they'd want to shove him into NXT first and he wouldn't be interested in that.

Bingo. They signed Consequences Creed after over three years of TNA and he's been stuck in developmental for almost three years now.

WWE fantasy booking: E signs Roode, book a match with Punk. Cena gets jealous, wants match with Roode. Roode accepts and wins title shot.

For some reason I don't see Cena taking time off to heal

RipRamsey

Bingo. They signed Consequences Creed after over three years of TNA and he's been stuck in developmental for almost three years now.

Don't you think you think we Roode would do a little bit better than Consequence Creed? I think Roode could quickly and easily adapt to WWE style matches and succeed going straight into the midcard. Therin lies the problem. WWE has no midcard or tag division. There's Cena's program, Mr. HHH's program when he's there, and everything else is filler.

strobogo

Banned
Rock is also a big fan of El Hijo de Perfecto and look at how well that's turned out for him.

ROooooooooo would get the same treatment as Monty Brown and Chris Harris. Bobby Roode isn't a star. No one in TNA that didn't come from WWE first is. That's just how things bees sometimes. At best he'd get brought out as mini HHH by Paul Heyman or something.

Top Bottom