• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aware me. Is The Rock a Roode fan?

tumblr_lyx4l2B7rH1r62495o1_400.png

Rock is also a big fan of El Hijo de Perfecto and look at how well that's turned out for him.

ROooooooooo would get the same treatment as Monty Brown and Chris Harris. Bobby Roode isn't a star. No one in TNA that didn't come from WWE first is. That's just how things bees sometimes. At best he'd get brought out as mini HHH by Paul Heyman or something.

L7CJy.gif

RipRamsey

Rock is also a big fan of El Hijo de Perfecto and look at how well that's turned out for him.

ROooooooooo would get the same treatment as Monty Brown and Chris Harris. Bobby Roode isn't a star. No one in TNA that didn't come from WWE first is. That's just how things bees sometimes. At best he'd get brought out as mini HHH by Paul Heyman or something.

Are you saying that Roode isn't a star in his own right or WWE wouldn't let him be one? I think he could get over as a solid heel fairly quickly no matter how shitty WWE treats him. His personilty shines through too much on the mic and in the ring for the the fans not to latch on to him one way or another.

RipRamsey

Nice, thanks. Nice too see Rock is still interested in the business as a whole. I actually enjoyed his return for the most part but I think he's restrained on the mic quite a bit not only by the writers (whatever happened to having a booker, instead of this soap opera crap?), but also by having to stay completely babyface so to his movie career.

Rock's also a Kevin Steen fan, which is bizarre. Apparently Curt Hawkins showed him a bunch of ROH tapes.

I think Rooooooooo would fit quite well in WWE, personally - but he's 36. If he were 10 years younger...hell, even 5 years younger, it'd probably make a lot of difference.

A Pretty Panda said:
Are beans common food in Brit land?

Indeed they are, my friend. We love our baked beans on toast and runner beans with a Sunday roast, but not so much the black/white beans, or beans refried Mexican-style.

strobogo

Banned
I'm saying he's not a star. Not because of anything to do with him, but because he's a top guy in TNA, which doesn't matter. If he showed up on Raw Monday, no one would know who he was. If he were to go to WWE, he'd be just another faceless guy in the midcard who trades wins with Kofi and jobs to Orton in 5 minutes.

They get about the same amount of people watching as dying ECW did, and no one really reacted to any of the ECW guys that came in after the death of ECW/WCW until Heyman talked them up for weeks. No one knew who Rhino was, but strong booking and Paul's commentary got him over. RVD was the only ECW guy to get reactions when he came in, but he also had been on Raw and Nitro.

tm24

Ugh, dammit, just realized that Donkatu is one hour later due to Daylight Saving Time. Fuck it, im not staying up til 5am. Ill watch the VOD later

First match announced for PWG's June 15th show! This ain't a match for those averse to flippy-do shit and dozens of superkicks;

. The Young Bucks vs AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol - Non-Title Match.

This should be a ton of fun, guessing Fox & Samuray win to set-up a title shot down the line.

RipRamsey

Rock's also a Kevin Steen fan, which is bizarre. Apparently Curt Hawkins showed him a bunch of ROH tapes.

I think Rooooooooo would fit quite well in WWE, personally - but he's 36. If he were 10 years younger...hell, even 5 years younger, it'd probably make a lot of difference.

/QUOTE]

I think he'd fit in perfectly and as far as age, like I said, I think he could jump right into a program without a bunch of NXT training. He's wrestled a very light schedule compared to most and I think they could get a solid 5-7 years out of him. The WWE needs solid heels if they ever plan on building their next home grown star.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm expecting good things from K.E.S. vs TenKoji vs CHAOS. It's got everything they need to be a solid match that could steal the show, and everyone seems to have been enjoying themselves building the match up for the magazines..

Are beans common food in Brit land?

It's downright a staple of Scottish meals cooked at home. I barely recognised breakfast without baked beans for most of my youth.

Green Arrow had a pretty great short on the DC Showcase set. Somehow, not only does Flash not have a live action movie, but he doesn't even have a SHORT devoted to him. What the fuck, DC? Flash might not be the most popular hero, but he's for sure a house hold name. Everyone knows The God Damn Flash. They must have totally given up after the TV show failed. I'm pretty confident that a Flash movie would do better than Green Lantern and maybe even Wonder Woman. But you know who does have movies? Steel and Jonah Hex. They have live action bombs. I don't even know what the point of Steel was since they didn't use any characters from the comics except for Steel and then he had no connection to Superman at all. And Jonah fucking Hex? For reals? DC, you are terrible at your movie decisions. It's a good thing Batman is Batman.

Jonah Hex could have worked simply because it was a Cowboy western and I'm told Americans love cowboys, as long as they aren't historically accurate. It was just an awful movie on it's own front.
Plus it's hardly the strangest take, no worse of an idea than Road to Perdition was as a pitch.

Steel was made entirely because Shaq wants to be Superman, but DC didn't want him to be Superman, so Shaq help pay for the insult to Steel that was the movie. Real shame, because a movie about a highly intelligent weapons maker who builds a suit of armour could be a hit with movie-goers I bet.

As for the Flash? Well, let's watch an episode. http://youtu.be/_Hq2jtU2dVA

RipRamsey

I'm saying he's not a star. Not because of anything to do with him, but because he's a top guy in TNA, which doesn't matter. If he showed up on Raw Monday, no one would know who he was. If he were to go to WWE, he'd be just another faceless guy in the midcard who trades wins with Kofi and jobs to Orton in 5 minutes.

They get about the same amount of people watching as dying ECW did, and no one really reacted to any of the ECW guys that came in after the death of ECW/WCW until Heyman talked them up for weeks. No one knew who Rhino was, but strong booking and Paul's commentary got him over. RVD was the only ECW guy to get reactions when he came in, but he also had been on Raw and Nitro.

I realize no one would no who he his when he showed up, and I'm not saying they should throw him straight into a feud with Sheamoose or something. I just think with his ring work and mic work he could jump up to that level quickly. I'm guessing the biggest problem would be Vince and the writers not knowing what the fuck to do.

Quick question. I know Mr. Rooooooooode's contract was up with TNA recently and TNA didn't even realize it. Why would he pass up going for some WWE money? I can't see them not being interested in him. The only thing I can think of is they'd want to shove him into NXT first and he wouldn't be interested in that.

Better to be a big fish in a small pond than risk your career on WWE's shitty gimmicks and booking. It's the same reason why I was so happy when Okada declined his WWE offer. If you go to the WWE and they treat you like shit, you can't just go straight back and slot into the same spot you left, the damage has already been done on the largest stage in the industry.

Ugh, dammit, just realized that Donkatu is one hour later due to Daylight Saving Time. Fuck it, im not staying up til 5am. Ill watch the VOD later

WEAK!

It's only 7PM here.

RipRamsey

Better to be a big fish in a small pond than risk your career on WWE's shitty gimmicks and booking. It's the same reason why I was so happy when Okada declined his WWE offer. If you go to the WWE and they treat you like shit, you can't just go straight back and slot into the same spot you left, the damage has already been done on the largest stage in the industry.

WEAK!

It's only 7PM here.

Yeah but he's not the big fish. Hogan is again. Even then, not only is the money in WWE way better I would think it you'd want to jump the big time just to see how far you could get. There's no way the WWE didn't at least show interest in signing him, is there?

UberTag

Eurgh, Steph. She took it too far - early 2000's Steph was clearly the best
Naturally, you're correct but you know the way Vince and Trips operate.
Muscles turn them on.

At least she hasn't destroyed her face like countless celebrities have.

Jamie OD

Shinsuke Nakamura - Current IWGP Intercontinental Champ. This guy is weird. He has a strange posture, strange mannerisms, strange way of speaking, and he has this weird rubber legs thing that he does. He's kind of like an ASW fighting game character brought to life. He likes to hit people with his knees. Crowd loves him. I think he is a member of Okada's stable.

How Nakamura became the man he is now is a good story. Imagine Nakamura as the star pupil who was being nurtured into becoming the man who will continue Japan's great wrestling tradition. He almost immediately becomes the champion but was pushed into the spotlight too soon and couldn't handle the pressure. He eventually snaps and turns into the bad boy of wrestling dressing and acting like a sleazy rock star. He still has that God given ability but no longer has the drive or ambition to take over the wrestling world. Instead he just does whatever he wants and sees people challenging him as something to keep himself entertained when he's bored.

I don't think what I written is 100% accurate but it gives you an idea of why he acts the way he does.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm gonna assume the commentators are currently talking about something Jushin Liger said on Twitter.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am just posting a wrestler selling death, it's what they do.

I don't know why that would be report-worthy, I will deny all accusations.

Yeah but he's not the big fish. Hogan is again. Even then, not only is the money in WWE way better I would think it you'd want to jump the big time just to see how far you could get. There's no way the WWE didn't at least show interest in signing him, is there?

He may not be one of the big fish right now but he's still one of TNAs main eventers.

As far as the money goes, you're seriously overestimating how much money WWE wrestlers get. Sure they'd offer more money for Roode (and they have been interested in him in the past) but it wouldn't be THAT much more and it certainly wouldn't compensate for the money he'd lose in the long term if his run bombed.

The way I look at it is that there's only so many main event slots in the WWE and they're fucking terrible at creating new stars, so you're taking a pretty big gamble signing with them if you've already got a comfortable spot somewhere else. I just don't think it's worth the risk.

But anyway, enough of this WWE shit, it's New Japan time!

Man my stream is a bit of a mess. I've never had these kind of issues with the other iPPVs.

Devitt's new entrance is fucking awesome.

FUCK! Tanaka just threw a damn Japanese table at Honma and his head went through it.

*edit, ouuuuch, that brainbuster from Tanaka looked sick.

Tanaka retains after hitting the Sliding D
! Awesome match, Honma & Tanaka just beat the piss out of each other.

Intermission time, full Best of the Super Jr's XX line-up announced!

New Japan - Best of the Super Jr's XX - May 24th ~ June 9th

01. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
02. Tiger Mask
03. Ryusuke Taguchi
04. KUSHIDA
05. Alex Shelley
06. BUSHI
07. Hiromu Takahashi
08. Rocky Romero
09. Alex Koslov
10. Jado
11. Brian Kendrick (Freelance)
12. Taichi
13. TAKA Michinoku
14. Prince Devittb
15. Kenny Omega (DDT)
16. Titan (CMLL)
17. Trent Beretta (Freelance)
18. Ricochet (Dragon Gate)

Great match between Goto and Shibata.
The ending was a bit anti-climactic but I have nothing against draws so long as they're not over-used.

Took a while for Benjamin vs Nakamura to get going, but the finishing stretch (barring a couple of unfortunate botches) was good.

Main event time!!

OKADA vs SUZUKI

Took a while for Benjamin vs Nakamura to get going, but the finishing stretch (barring a couple of unfortunate botches) was good.

Main event time!!

OKADA vs SUZUKI

I briefly looked away during the specific spot but did Nakamura slip off the ropes or did Shelton hit them?

Problem with the start of the match, I think, is that the crowd didn't buy Shelton as a legit challenger because he's been around so little. But then Nakamura and Shelton pulled them into the match anyway.

Edit: AHAHAHA! Sukuzi's entrance was great.

He slipped off, but it could have been explained away by the damage done to his knee - the worse botch came a few seconds later, looked like a misunderstanding/miscommunication between Nakamura & Shelton.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think they're finally going to let Ricardo wrestle. That's a good descision, he's not bad at all.

FFS, my stream has turned to shit and stops every few seconds. I'm waiting until the VOD version comes up.

Oh, harsh - it froze for me during the extended sleeper spot, but I just refreshed the page and it worked fine after that.

Great main event, all in all - I'd probably put it a bit lower than Tanahashi vs Okada, but a great match nonetheless. Suzuki really brought the pacing to the match, while Okada's selling was top notch throughout. You could criticise the fact that
Suzuki worked over the arm so much at the start, yet it had little effect on the Rainmaker at the end
, but I felt that played into how
Suzuki abandoned that strategy in favour of trying to choke Okada out - if he'd stuck to the arm, he might have won, or at least prevented Okada from hitting the Rainmaker

Top Bottom