• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

McNei1y

You should've gone right up to his face, give him the "you can't see me" gesture, rip his shirt off, throw it on the floor and give it a Five Knuckle Shuffle.

The dude would've given me an FU right there, probably. Damn Cena lovers.

I saw a guy wearing a Ziggler shirt in public and right away thought lesser of him.

Oh shit, I also saw a black Ziggler shirt at a bar too. The guy started a dance party.

Tanahashi's out injured, he apparently strained his back in a match against Tama Tonga & Karl Anderson last night;

kZH014l.jpg

Also, bizarrely, Santino Marella is opening up a MMA/Pro-Wrestling academy in Canada and Yuki Ishikawa (owner of the now-defunct BattlArts in Japan) is moving there to be a trainer;

http://www.battleartsacademy.com/

Mr. Luchador said:
What is Great Kojika's deal? Insanely old guy who takes a serious beating!?

He's co-founder of BJW, but before that he was a jobber for All Japan in the 70's & 80's - dudes something like 75 years old, crazy he still wrestles.

Oh wait this is the RAW CM Punk was supposed to come back on I think. But im guessing they change it to Punk interfering the main event at Payback to keep the feud between Ryback and Cena going with no guy losing

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Skipping Raw for something magical on espn. Will watch the Bret Hart shit on the app after the show.

Ithil

If they're not having Punk out for a very long term break, they may as well have him return in Chicago. It's one way to avoid having to conceal him in airports or wherever, he'd already be in the city.

Though that's only two and a half months off, seems like he needed more than that. Maybe Summerslam is a better time, that'd be nearly five months.

Kaladin

CM Punk's earlier shirts and Triple H's shirts from around that same time could all pass as metal or punk band t-shirts. I wonder if they fired that artist.

So i guess somebody passed their medicals...

From a DGUSA email

May 27th: We can announce now that Sami Callihan has already wrestled on his final DGUSA/EVOLVE event. We want to extend a heartfelt "thank you" to Sami for being an important part of DGUSA/EVOLVE history. Callihan started at the bottom of his card and through hard work and determination became a main player in the WWNLive Family. Sami first made waves by forming D.U.F. and entering an intense feud against AR Fox. Shortly after the feud vs. Fox started, Callihan reached another turning point when he battled Fit Finlay at EVOLVE 9 in a bout that was voted by the fans as the 2011 DGUSA/EVOLVE Match Of The Year. Callihan went on to give us many memorable moments including the infamous closing of the former ECW Arena at EVOLVE 10. His resume of great matches is at the top of DGUSA/EVOLVE history including the rematch vs. Finlay at EVOLVE 11, a classic vs. El Generico at EVOLVE 13 and an epic Open The Freedom Gate Title Match against Johnny Gargano at EVOLVE 18. Thanks for everything, Sami! We are sure you are headed for great success! 

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You know what I would like to see? A tournament to decide who shall take the spot of one-half of the tag team champions after one of the members has been injured/fired/eaten by a bear.

Now usually the tag team titles just aren't defended or a friendly face/surprise partner who isn't doing anything anyroad, but that never brings much to the table. Instead I want something that could take up time, use multiple wrestlers, showcase how much people want to be a champion, and give a lot of encounters that might not be done normally.
Well why not just have a "strip the champions of the titles and just have a new tournament to take the vacated belts"? Easy, I don't want that.

I want numerous people going after championship gold because being champion means higher prestige or more money or some other in-story reason. As it is for the tag team titles, they have to show they can be tag team wrestlers, so it's a tag-team tournament either with established teams, friends, or random pairings for all but the final match. The final match will be Double Dragon/Billy and Jimmy style where the team that just won the tournament will then have to fight each other to take that empty spot and become a champion along with the original one.

So using NXT as an example. Adrian Neville & Oliver Grey were champions together, but Grey couldn't compete due to an injury. Rather than just use Bo Dallas as a fill in for the defence match, hold a tournament that has teams like Wyatt Family (already together), CJ Parker and Mike Dalton (friends), Enzo Amore and Mojo Rawley (randomly placed together). At the end, make the winners that I shall pretend was Brad Maddox and Xavier Woods, fight each other to earn the spot as Neville's partner and tag team champion.

This has been a random wish after finishing Double Dragon Neon. High five.

strobogo

Banned
You should put a Kane mask on one of those Bratz or Barbie heads that are for putting make up on/brushing hair and see how much you can Aiiiiiiiiiiii to pay for it on the basis of it being an exclusive AJ collectible item.

UberTag

Does this mean they are opneing tonight with the US National Anthem?

EWuDr3h.png

...IN CANADA

THEY GONE AN LOST IT!
They'll get away with this move if Lillian sings O Canada as well to appease the locals.
This can even be done off-camera while the RAW theme and some highlight package airs of Trips losing his smile.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
They are, they're, in Calgary, AB, which means only one thing. A crowd that actually cares. Also horrible commentary for you that listen to the English.

Kingston and Mr. Touchdown brought it in there grand Championship match from earlier in the month.

tumblr_mng0777cQ41qamc9eo1_250.gif

Is there any ring gear worse than those pants that poor indy wrestlers and fat wrestlers like Rey Mysterio wear? They're like shiny JNCO jeans. Rappers in late 90's hip hop videos wore them.

tumblr_m8kl6a7KpF1rwu9euo1_400.gif
mase-puff-daddy.jpg

They look like dog shit.

I guess it just speaks to longevity of lycra/spandex ring gear. That stuff stands the test of time.

Kaladin

Time for some Arrested Development before Raw. I'm in the middle of season 3. This is one show that lives up to the hype the internet gives it.

Sanjuro

I miss the days where Vince would ham it up more for holidays. I would love to see Obama in action tonight. Maybe he could take on that crackhead Canadian Mayor.

Kingston and Mr. Touchdown brought it in there grand Championship match from earlier in the month.

It was a fun match, Touchdown has improved immensely over the past year or so - I've really enjoyed watching him in CHIKARA & Wrestling Is. His match against assailANT for the Wrestling is Fun! Banana was awesome. I liked the Kingston match too, but as much as I have been a fan of the guy in the past, Kingston is kinda starting to wear thin. It doesn't help that he seems more banged up than ever.

Top Bottom