• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Aiii

So not worth it
Did I mention Goldberg did it?

Jesus fuck, it's like he WANTS to be called Goldberg for the rest of his career.

Striker

Why not?

1. Goldberg did it.
2. There are two active wrestlers using this as a finisher. Three counting Christian.
3. Goldberg did it.
4. Big Show does it.
5. Goldberg did it.
6. Triple H did it at Extreme Rules (and a Figure Four of course)
7. Goldberg fucking did it.
#whynot meaning, he'll be the millionth person who's doing it. It's a comedy move anymore due to all the heavy usage. They're probably tinkering with a "quick finish" move whereas the Shellshock has some buildup to it.

Triple H thing was funny. He also did the Sharpshooter. What's next, the Cloverleaf? Lion Tamer?

Ithil

Those fan reports really need to stop ending with the phrase "to send the crowd home happy". They say it for every report, even when it's a super anti-Cena crowd being given Cena to end the night,

Gaming side is fucking unbearable these past few days... used games this / DRM that...

...they need a good thread to pop up to send me home happy

Jamie OD

Those fan reports really need to stop ending with the phrase "to send the crowd home happy". They say it for every report, even when it's a super anti-Cena crowd being given Cena to end the night,

It's just a running gag at this point, kind of like "We wish him the best in his future endeavors."

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk: One of the main reasons I stopped watching Smackdown is their weekly 20 minute opening MizTV crap.

That's right, MizTV is where I draw the line.

Kaladin

That's the perfect way to describe those "matches" to anyone who has never seen one. I typically leave the arena after the taping ends. I don't care to see 5 minutes of Cena & co. wrestle to send the fans home happy. The only time I typically stay is Raw after Mania, they might do something special then....and only then.

strobogo

Banned
I left when Cena came out at the Raw I went to. It was Cena/Orton/Sheamus vs Shield and I bolted about 5 minutes in since this was after 4 hours of an awful pro wrestling show.

strobogo

Banned
I really hate Rock Band Pro mode. All of these songs I can play for real on a real guitar, but can't hit anything on the game. The controller is weird and the notes be scrolling sideways as if you were reading tabs. Makes no fucking sense. I don't know what possessed me to pick it back up after maybe a year of not touching the pro stuff.

I also can't figure out why I expert in RB Beatles is so much easier than in RB3. I don't even know why I'm playing Rock Band.

gurudyne

I really hate Rock Band Pro mode. All of these songs I can play for real on a real guitar, but can't hit anything on the game. The controller is weird and the notes be scrolling sideways as if you were reading tabs. Makes no fucking sense. I don't know what possessed me to pick it back up after maybe a year of not touching the pro stuff.

I also can't figure out why I expert in RB Beatles is so much easier than in RB3. I don't even know why I'm playing Rock Band.

Rock Band is awesome, that's why. And are you an especial Beatles fan? The better you know the songs, the better you're able to anticipate the incoming notes and correct strumming speed.

strobogo

Banned
Of course, but I think it is less of knowing what is coming and more that RB3 is a lot less forgiving and over does hammer ons to an extreme degree. Songs that I know by heart and can play on a real guitar will kill me on expert RB3 a lot of times, despite knowing every note.

I went on an expert rampage on the pro drums last year. Cymbals and all. But then I didn't play any rhythm games for quite a while and recently picked it back up out of the blue. To unpack and reassmble the drums is too much work, so I went back to bass and guitar. I'm fine with expert bass for most of the songs, but for guitar I'm somewhere in between hard and expert, which is terrible because it means hard is kind of boring, but expert is too frustrating.

Kaladin

I'm 21 and I'd buy more wrestling merch if it was well designed. Everything they make is embarrassing.

It's marketed to kids and pre-teens, that's why we find it embarrassing. If wrestling shirts were more like concert shirts I might buy one. I think the last ones I bought were when they started doing the affliction-like designs. Not sure if they do those anymore though.

strobogo

Banned
A lot of concert shirts are god awful as well. In fact, I don't think I've ever been to a concert that didn't have tacky shirts every bit on the same level as wrestling shirts.

Kaladin

Awesome gallery of Hitman photos:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/never-before-seen-bret-hit-man-hart-photos

OTM_BRET_00000000_0008.jpg

What was this from?

gurudyne

Of course, but I think it is less of knowing what is coming and more that RB3 is a lot less forgiving and over does hammer ons to an extreme degree. Songs that I know by heart and can play on a real guitar will kill me on expert RB3 a lot of times, despite knowing every note.

I went on an expert rampage on the pro drums last year. Cymbals and all. But then I didn't play any rhythm games for quite a while and recently picked it back up out of the blue. To unpack and reassmble the drums is too much work, so I went back to bass and guitar. I'm fine with expert bass for most of the songs, but for guitar I'm somewhere in between hard and expert, which is terrible because it means hard is kind of boring, but expert is too frustrating.

Hmm. I only had RB:B for a short while, but something I noticed was that I only needed to calibrate it once. Rock Band 3 forced me to recal several times because I couldn't find the right balance that worked 100% of the time. Maybe the timing is off for a couple of songs?

And yeah, there are a lot more HOPOs in the late games of the RB and GH series. Very rewarding mechanic (outside of GH3 and 4 that is) so I'm not surprised they emphasize it.

And I find Hard more frustrating than Expert. Can't stand hearing notes and not playing them. Overstrums everywhere.

Top Bottom