• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny, ever since they turned Sheamus face I just haven't cared about a single thing he's done. I don't even hate him, he's just non-existent to me. He's less notable than midcarders at this point.

I wish they would turn him back heel. It's not like it would require changing his character much except not making those shit eating grins as often.

Kaladin

It's funny, ever since they turned Sheamus face I just haven't cared about a single thing he's done. I don't even hate him, he's just non-existent to me. He's less notable than midcarders at this point.

I wish they would turn him back heel. It's not like it would require changing his character much except not making those shit eating grins as often.

It's because he's the worst asshole babyface since Hogan and every match ends in LOL Brogue kick despite how competitive it is.

The most disappointing thing about it is that Sheamus can have some good matches.

strobogo

Banned
Lol Bro Kick is a lot more tolerable than lol FU Cenawins because the Bro Kick is a flash impact OUTTA NOWHERE kind of move as opposed to the FU which really shouldn't be a pop up kind of move.

somedevil

It's because he's the worst asshole babyface since Hogan and every match ends in LOL Brogue kick despite how competitive it is.

The most disappointing thing about it is that Sheamus can have some good matches.

Sheamus is basically Cena lite because the older fans don't buy into him at all. That 18 second win at Wrestlemania basically cripled him as a character plus being booked as a dick doesn't help as well.

Well everyone will have to enjoy his match versus Orton at Summerslam.

It makes me wonder is Sheamus is actually supposed to like an anti hero face, the "good guy" who is still very much a dick when it comes down to it as his character whether face or heel is that of a brash brawler, just that they're handling it poorly and in this company every face has some element of dickery to their character so it's hard to tell if this is indeed the angle they're going for.
Let's just say a modern Stone Cold he is not.

Sheamus is more of a dick than Cena is most of the time.

Hell, Cena doesn't pick up interviewers and use them as projectiles against his enemies.

Sheamus is just a dick. The whole character makes him out to be more of an obnoxious bully of a heel than an anti-hero, not someone your kids should be cheering for.

XenoRaven

I figure if Sheamus is going to use all of Finlay's moves, he might as well take his character too.

Minus the fathering a leprechaun thing.

June Wrasslin' |OT| They have the Plants, but we have the Power

Amazing.

imqYXQILcHOqm.gif

You do all realise that June's going to be horrible, right? I'd have thought that after years of punishment at the hands of WWE programming such blind optimism would be all but non-existent here in WrassleGAF.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I loved heel Sheamus because he just ruined EVERYTHING. He was a total bully and made no apologies for it. Now he's a bully who makes no apologies for it, but he's stuck in the most boring feuds. I like Sheamus and I like Mark Henry, but those dudes feuded already. We got over the 'Sheamus is strong!' thing. The fun Sheamus matches were the ones where he'd whip the shit out of little guys.

and Sheamus's 5 moves of doom are way better than Cena's because they're great moves. Cloverleaf? Great move. Bro Kick? Great move. Schwein? Great move. Powerbomb? Great move. Polish hammer? Great move. I think he's got one of the most fun move'sets' in the company outside of that stupid smacking them on the chest spot.

strobogo

Banned
Anyone have Guitar Hero import codes they never used? I owned 5 and Smash Hits but got rid of them well before WoR came out. Such a shitty song selection on this. I should have dumped it a year and a half ago like I did with the Van Halen game.

Please don't ban me!

June Wrasslin' |OT| They have the Plants, but we have the Power
Look at them all, through the booking I'm bringing, they're not sad at all, they're actually singing!

You do all realise that June's going to be horrible, right? I'd have thought that after years of punishment at the hands of WWE programming such blind optimism would be all but non-existent here in WrassleGAF.

If it's any consolation this year so far has almost completely broken my spirit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As long as you hype the return of Based Naito in the OT. Then you guys can stop pretending you like Okada and like a real man.

Dragonzord said:
As long as you hype the return of Based Naito in the OT. Then you guys can stop pretending you like Okada and like a real man.

ibaJ8gWNjUzhUE.jpg

Falconer Shinsuke is not amused.

Alright, i'll make it again if no one has actual objections

Sure, just include a bit about the CHIKARA iPPV on June 1st...and the NJPW iPPV on June 22nd...and the AIW iPPV on June 30th :p

Kaladin

Sure, just include a bit about the CHIKARA iPPV on June 1st...and the NJPW iPPV on June 22nd...and the AIW iPPV on June 30th :p

The entire lineup for this weekend:

Evolve 20 is being taped live and should go up on VOD Friday:

EVOLVE 20
Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Orlando Armory
7:30pm Belltime

EVOLVE Title Match
AR Fox defends vs. Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks

Champion vs. Champion Non-Title Attraction
Johnny Gargano vs. Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks

Dragon Gate Showcase Match
EITA vs. Tomahawk T.T.

Special Challenge Match #1
Samuray Del Sol vs. Anthony Nese

Special Challenge Match #2
Chuck Taylor vs. Brian Cage

FRAY!
(starts with two competitors, another enters every 2 minutes, eliminations can take place anytime by pinfall, submission or DQ until one competitor is left)
The Participants Are: Andrew Everett, Caleb Konley, Jon Davis, Lince Dorado, Shane Strickland, Tommy Taylor

Entertainment Match
The Bravado Brothers vs. Sugar Dunkerton & Maxwell Chicago

EVOLVE 21: USA vs. The World
Saturday, June 1st, 2013
Edge Concert Hall
Jacksonville, FL
8pm EST. Belltime

USA vs. Japan #1
AR Fox vs. EITA

USA vs. Japan #2
Johnny Gargano vs. Tomahawk T.T.

USA vs. Mexico
Shane Strickland vs. Samuray Del Sol

USA vs. Europe
Caleb Konley vs. Tommy Taylor

Bonus Tag Team Main Event
The Young Bucks vs. Anthony Nese & Brian Cage

Special Challenge Match
Jon Davis vs. Chuck Taylor

Special Attraction Match
Lince Dorado vs. Jonny Vandal

Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. Andrew Everett & Derek Ryze

Chikara : Aniversario: Never Compromise
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013
The Trocadero
Philadelphia, PA
4pm EST Belltime

Main Event Championship Bout!
Eddie Kingston (c) vs Icarus

Two Out Of Three Falls Title Contest!
3.0 (c) vs Pieces of Hate

Sarcophagus Match
Amasis vs Ophidian

Trios Action!
The Colony vs The Devastation Corp.

Hair vs Hair!
Gavin Loudspeaker vs Tim Donst

Battle for Trios Supremacy!
The Spectral Envoy vs Colony: Extreme Force

Pre-Show action:
Young Lions Cup Rematch
Saturyne vs Mr. Touchdown

Evolve 22, featuring Samuray Del Sol's farewell?

EVOLVE 22
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013
The Orpheum
Ybor City, FL
8pm EST. Belltime

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Samuray Del Sol

Open The United Gate Title Match
The Young Bucks defend vs. EITA & Tomahawk T.T.

Heavyweight Clash
Jon Davis vs. Brian Cage

EVOLVE 16 Rematch
AR Fox vs. Lince Dorado

Newcomers Showcase Six Man Tag Match
The Bravado Brothers & Andrew Everett vs. Dos Ben Dejos & Shane Strickland

Special Challenge Match #1
Chuck Taylor vs. Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #2
Anthony Nese vs. Tommy Taylor

Dragonzord said:
MiSu told me that guy's a dork, and I believe in MiSu almost as much as I believe in Bo Dallas.

I can't believe you'd even construct a sentence involving both the wrestling god Minoru Suzuki and the ill-gotten, talentless spawn of IRS whom I cannot even bring myself to name.

Equestrian Shinsuke forgives you.

iObYZ0vxOKjPl.jpg

I am more excited than last year.

They have something with Punk building to a PPV mid-June
They have the Wyatt Family debuting
They have NXT on it own - which continues to be great

That is two (main show) things guaranteed to be decent.

If they can throw in one decent surprise - does not have to be at the level of previous June things (Punk Shoot / Nexus Debut) - then I would be happy.

I would happily take Emma debuting as June been a success

Kaladin

I am more excited than last year.

They have something with Punk building to a PPV mid-June
They have the Wyatt Family debuting
They have NXT on it own - which continues to be great

That is two (main show) things guaranteed to be decent.

If they can throw in one decent surprise - does not have to be at the level of previous June things (Punk Shoot / Nexus Debut) - then I would be happy.

I would happily take Emma debuting as June been a success

There will be no Nexus debut or Punk Pipebomb "Holy Fuck June!" moment this year I'm afraid.

WWE doesn't shock much anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe you'd even construct a sentence involving both the wrestling god Minoru Suzuki and the ill-gotten, talentless spawn of IRS whom I cannot even bring myself to name.

Equestrian Shinsuke forgives you.
There is some hilarious irony in you posting about IRS with an Okada avatar. Maybe Bo has Okada's ring that he had to pawn.

ibn1QW403DgT19.jpg

There is some hilarious irony in you posting about IRS with an Okada avatar. Maybe Bo has Okada's ring that he had to pawn.

Hey, Okada's just living the gimmick, man. Perhaps when he makes it rain again he can loan Naito some money for glasses - dude always looks like he's struggling to put in a contact lens.

There will be no Nexus debut or Punk Pipebomb "Holy Fuck June!" moment this year I'm afraid.

WWE doesn't shock much anymore.

They have the Wyatt Family debuting, and The Shield still are portrayed strong. They could meet IN JUNE
Emmazing Emmalution IN JUNE
They could debut another collection of NxT guys IN JUNE

...anythese would "shock" me enough to be happy - I too cannot see anything that would love me Legit Shook though (although if any month could do it, it is June!)

strobogo

Banned
I don't know why it is sticking with me, but what I really took away from the Macho Man article posted earlier is that it took him 30 years to come to terms with his baldness. He was balding/bald the entire time he was on television, but he didn't accept he was bald until like a year before he died.

That scalp had been on TV for decades and he was still trying to pretend it wasn't real.

I don't know if you're trolling or not. It was one of those circumstances with Cena where you knew what would happen the minute they set it up.....and you hated WWE for doing it even if you saw it a mile away.

Yep.

This was a pretty bad low point for WWE. Doesn't match up to knowing the outcomes of an entire 6 months of main event matches just so they could do Rock - Cena 2 with a title prop.

After the Cena - Punk match last Fall you KNEW Ryback would lose to Punk, Punk would lose to Rock, and Rock would lose to Cena. Then they stuck him with Taker for no reason whatsoever because stuff.

Then they went and made Punk a chickenshit heel the Ryback part of the run just because. I mean, there's just NO WAY he could take him on because he's just SO MUCH bigger than Rock and Cena, right?

Right now the best thing we can hope for is Punk BURYING Ryback the night after Payback and then going on to do an Austin-Rock type thing with Cena for the next 6 months or more.

mouserat

Neo Member
trying to listen to Gregory Helms on the MLW Radio podcast from Saturday, had to give up. how can anyone tolerate Konnan's incessant, loud self promotion? he just talks over everyone

'LET ME ASK YOU THIS'

and his mic is always 150% as loud as anyone else. you can tell when he gets bored of listening to an anecdote because he starts saying 'RIGHT... YEAH' with increasingly regularity until he straight up interrupts.

argh!

I just realised my 2 fav women wrestlers are champions in their respective companies.

Despite Country Mickie being lame she'll always hold a soft spot in my heart and a hard spot in my pants. <3

Top Bottom