• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Aiii

So not worth it
We really need an openly gay wrestling character.

Maybe we can use Zack Ryder for this. He's already into twinks given his love for Bieber.

Aiii

So not worth it
You're against people making fun of AJ's lust for men, but are for falsely accusing Zack Ryder of being gay?

At least one person in that lockerroom has to be gay, statistically it's damn near impossible there is not a single gay active wrestler.

It's more likely there's a good handful of gay wrestlers though.

Also, I do not see being gay or platying a gay character on a TV show as a negative thing, so "accusing" is a bit harsh.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wasn't the one using "being a Justin Beiber fan" as evidence for being gay.

Actually, I wasn't. I just referenced Bieber because he's a perfect example of a twink and one of my gay friends is very much into twinks (I can sort of relate, as I'm into petite women, so I guess that's why). I think having a gay character would be great, so I imagine a big muscular man like Ryder to hook up with a smaller male wrestler.

Maybe Sin Cara. Sin Cara and Ryder as a openly gay tag-team, now I'd love to see it. Would make for a great OT-topic for mainstream WrassleGAF exposure.

I wish I was queer, so I could get chicks.

3d1Fs9T.gif

ZeroRay

I would google it, but I'm lazy.

Oh and great thread, not posting much here anymore, but I still got dat spirit!

I will be very dissapointed if nobody gets that reference.

GET BETTER REFERENCES, NERD

START USING LINES FROM THE DARK KNIGHT OR SOMETHING. LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE, IDK. AT LEAST WE'LL KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. I'M YELLING TO MAKE POINTS.

Aiii

So not worth it
I STILL REMEMBER WHEN THE BLOODHOUND GANG WAS COOL DAMNIT!

I can't help I'm turning 30 this year, I'm not hip to all these new things kids do.

UberTag

is Cesaro really doing a yodeling gimmick?
He's the yodeling loser. The WWE is trying to land a highly coveted sponsorship and ad revenue from Ricola.
So far they're not biting.

I've also been given intel on Antonio's upcoming new ring wardrobe & gimmick change. He's going to wear suspenders and a silly Swiss hat and play an alphorn that he will then use as an implement of destruction to bash his opponents with when the ref's back is turned. The WWE is optimistic this move will land them the Ricola deal... at which point Cesaro will be elevated back into his mid-card champion that jobs to everyone role.

Playing%20alphorn%20front_0.JPG

I know I'm late but I really enjoyed last weeks Triplet Brothers Of Destruction vs The Shield match.

Of course it ended with the shitty OH DANIEL BRYAN OF COURSE IT WAS YOU THAT LOST thing that I really hate but he got to look pretty strong in the rest of it and shit even in small burst of a tag match The Undertaker can really go and put on excitement.

If only the other part-timers were even half as capable.

Loved the atmosphere and the story they were telling, whole thing was really good.

This weeks Raw was ok, despite the undercard still being same old predictable thing (seriously can some of these guys PLEASE win occasionally so we can get into the matches more than lolOrton wins etc) at least they're not all squash matches with the other guy looking completely hopeless.

Except for Cesaro. :( I'll never understand why he is in the doghouse. F**k you WWE.

Ryback sounds like a character you'd find in an old Saturday morning cartoon from the 80s. Should do voice acting!

I like how they're intertwining stories a bit more now, seemingly putting more effort into it? Like its not just Cena vs Ryback or RANDOM TAG MATCH zzzzzzz they're mixing it in with The Shield stuff that makes sense to also be happening, even D-Bry getting in on it!

Speaking off, I'd watch a D-Bry and Brie E! reality show. Oh gawd please do this.

I'm glad for Summer Rae but I miss old Mrs Fandango. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
I like how they're intertwining stories a bit more now, seemingly putting more effort into it? Like its not just Cena vs Ryback or RANDOM TAG MATCH zzzzzzz they're mixing it in with The Shield stuff that makes sense to also be happening, even D-Bry getting in on it!

I've noticed this as well, it does seem creative is more coherent these days. Remembering backstories and history more as well.

I guess it ties in with that report that Triple H is more involved in creative now and doesn't call up people from developmental unless there's a solid storyline to introduce them with along with the reports that they're no longer scripting complete promo's and giving talent talking points instead.

strobogo

Banned
Billy and Check set gay characters in wWE back 10 years.

They had a cool theme though....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD3pYtnKxo4

Billy and Chuck were awesome. They should have gone ahead with the wedding. People were genuinely happy for them. Wrestling fans are not known as the classiest people, but they were totally supportive once the wedding was on.

In today's WWE, the only team that makes sense to be gay is Rhodes Scholars. They're a lovely couple who seem to really care for and enjoy each other's company. I'd be happy for them if they were gay. I'd support that angle.

I don't think there can be gay heels again in today's world. It's pretty crazy to think how much has changed in just 10 years. You could have an ambiguously gay heel tag team with an ambiguously gay hair dresser, but were faces when they were going to get married, but SWERVE, they were straight. And whatever Goldust is. I think WWE could push the envelope farther in 1996 than they could today. BA* and all that. I wish Kanyon was still alive and got to be just a gay dude who wrestles and isn't a ridiculous stereotype. Also, KANYON CUTTERS!

Billy and Chuck were awesome. They should have gone ahead with the wedding. People were genuinely happy for them. Wrestling fans are not known as the classiest people, but they were totally supportive once the wedding was on.

That's what I meant. Everything was great except the end.

Great op. the Evolve ippv's at the end of the month have been announced too. Also WrassleGaf's own Abra Cadaver will be celebrating Cinco De Mayo by trying to win the Elote World Heavyweight Title this Saturday against the Bar Fly which Sunflower should totally go see.

All of Wrassle Gaf is pulling for Abra Cadaver to bring home it's first World Title!!!!!!

Striker

There was an arm wrestling contest between Mark Henry and Sheamus. Mark Henry won the first match. Sheamus got on the mic and said Mark had the stronger right arm but he didn't have the stronger left. They did it again, this time with their left arms and Sheamus punched Henry in the face and Brogue kicked him. Kind of a cheap way to get out of the match. Seemed like a heel thing to do.

Sheamus is truly the biggest dick heel on the roster acting like a face. This is way he can't get fully over when he is booked like this.
Really makes a joke out of the Be A * principle Vince pushes out.

Seems like they have absolutely no idea what to do with Henry, Sheamus, Orton, and Big Show. "Bad teammate" angle? Really?

Striker

That's what you meant, right?
Sadly it's all true. I can't fathom how they can't muster up any ideas for why people fight or enter any meaningful feuds anymore. The Real American angle with Swagger and Colter had promise, but it just sort of fell flat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hello WrassleGAF..

I'm curious, what made some of you decide to begin making new threads in the OT for notable events in the pro wrestling world such as the one discussing Mr. Money-In-The-Bank Dolph Ziggler's love life and the one about Fan Favorite Undisputed WWE™ Champion John Cena's heartbreaking ankle injury?

It is great to see the WrassleGAF community consistently branching out into the OT like that.

I take my orders from Bean Breath, it's a rough life

Be prepared for "what's with all the asses in wrestling lately?" with Cena and Ziggler animated gifs

Aiii

So not worth it
I take my orders from Bean Breath, it's a rough life

Be prepared for "what's with all the asses in wrestling lately?" with Cena and Ziggler animated gifs

I'm sorry, but why this post does not include GIF's of AJ's ass is beyond me. You are a horrible person Sunflower.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry, but why this post does not include GIF's of AJ's ass is beyond me. You are a horrible person Sunflower.

AJ doesn't attract new members, just yours

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All lies, clearly.

Actually, that's fact, everytime someone from WrassleGAF posts AJ in OT-threads people ask who she is. AJ's butt is clearly a bigger draw than Cena's butt.

Cena's known. It is known. But we didn't know those cheeks legit shook like that.

Can AJ's cheeks even move? I doubt it.

Watching more of the 16 Carat 2013 tournament. Yuji Okabayashi is a beast, someone needs to book him vs Michael Elgin;

imaaBy9Up42wj.gif

*edit, Ricochet vs Tommy End was all kinds of awesome. Kick-ass match, best of the first round so far.

i1gt3GUSdzkdj.gif

iVoOjxdZa2UmG.gif

ibrHJUBHGNCkgg.gif

Nebula

I have not watched wrestling since Wrestlemania. It actually killed it for me. It wasn't that bad, but it showed the direction the business
TM
is continuing to go and it's not something I find entertaining. I guess work is also a factor in me not wanting to watch it as well, as it's 2-3 hours every few days dedicated to a product I don't feel is worth that time anymore.

I may just watch NXT. It's good, I enjoy watching it and it tends to be pretty separate from the main show. At least the shows I watched before WM.

Fuck you Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Aiii

So not worth it
So you missed the best Raw in half a decade and all the Undertaker stuff with the Shield?

I feel for you man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have not watched wrestling since Wrestlemania. It actually killed it for me. It wasn't that bad, but it showed the direction the business
TM
is continuing to go and it's not something I find entertaining. I guess work is also a factor in me not wanting to watch it as well, as it's 2-3 hours every few days dedicated to a product I don't feel is worth that time anymore.

I may just watch NXT. It's good, I enjoy watching it and it tends to be pretty separate from the main show. At least the shows I watched before WM.

Fuck you Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Consider watching NJPW! A lot of it is out there on dailymotion, if you want to get up to speed, but their next ippv is on the 3rd of May. Give it a try, some of the coolest personalities, some of the best in-ring work, and great production values put NJPW ahead of the rest of the "not-wwe" pack for me.

jred2k

*edit, Ricochet vs Tommy End was all kinds of awesome. Kick-ass match, best of the first round so far.

http://i.minus.com/i1gt3GUSdzkdj.gif[img]

[img]http://i.minus.com/iVoOjxdZa2UmG.gif[img]

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibrHJUBHGNCkgg.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Wow, that match looks great. Were they able to keep that intensity up the whole match or are those the main highlights?

I love the way those matches are presented, too. The fans right up against the ring plus the way they kind of fade in to darkness makes the action seem more chaotic or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that match looks great. Were they able to keep that intensity up the whole match or are those the main highlights?

I love the way those matches are presented, too. The fans right up against the ring plus the way they kind of fade in to darkness makes the action seem more chaotic or something.

Yeah that lighting goes a long way with me. I was watching the uh, hm, how's it called - Tea Time Round-Up or whatnot that happens in Britain that Bootaaay linked and they used the same style of lighting to great effect. Works best when it's 1v1, I can see tag and up being a bit of an issue for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, New Japan's awesome production definitely helps - they always put on a great show for their PPVs and the line-up looks excellent for this one;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

Also, still watching wXw - Super Crazy is RIDICULOUSLY over in Germany. It's kinda weird.

It's kind of weird where some dudes are over - I know one of my Lizmark Jr. videos (I know, Lizmark Jr...I know) is MEGA popular from Mexico, despite me having plenty of other luchador vids on my channel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strongman preparing for Wrestling Dontaku, working hard:

tq4d3ho.jpg

Strong Man scares me.

It was pretty much just 10-12 minutes of madness, they kept a great pace throughout and I could've gif'd a half dozen more moments. Like this;

iLT67ny0VmxQC.gif

Tommy End is super intense in everything he does, dude's awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tommy End is super intense in everything he does, dude's awesome.

I can only think of one thing for him, looks awesome except his...his...p...phhhh....phhhyyyyy...aaaah I won't do it! I'm trying to let go of my obsession with physiques.

Top Bottom