• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Nebula

Consider watching NJPW! A lot of it is out there on dailymotion, if you want to get up to speed, but their next ippv is on the 3rd of May. Give it a try, some of the coolest personalities, some of the best in-ring work, and great production values put NJPW ahead of the rest of the "not-wwe" pack for me.

I'll give it a try after work.

So you missed the best Raw in half a decade and all the Undertaker stuff with the Shield?

I feel for you man.

I caught bits of the post WM Raw but never watched it all. I've caught clips of RAWS after but only because I was linked them. I've not gone and looked for the good/interesting events even after hearing about them.

NXT has catch up stuff anyway right?

EDIT: NEW PAGE

00002.jpg

Finished Night 1 of the wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament, John Gresham vs Ricky Marvin was great fun, Marvin put Gresham over huge here and they put on a real lucha masterclass. Zack Sabre Jr. vs Johnny Moss was an excellent main event - Sabre's probably the best proponent of the British style from the younger generations, while Johnny Moss is a great technical heavyweight and more than a match for Sabre. Chuck Taylor vs Eddie Kingston was a bit of a let-down. King cut a promo beforehand running down message board fans who though he couldn't cut it and then delivered an underwhelming match against Taylor - it's not that I question his ability or his knowledge, he just seems so clumsy and out of shape. Also, his backfist has got progressively worse and worse. Aja Kong still has the best backfist in wrestling.

Lots of proper British wrestling in Sabre vs Moss;

i5gIUCccq0luM.gif

Nice belly to belly counter of a suicide dive from Johnny;

ibkhDohBjYgaT5.gif

Emma's trained by Lance Storm, so yeah, she can go - she impressed me with her time in SHIMMER, same goes for Paige (if that's who you were talking about). She looked great in SHIMMER and has trained since she was a kid under her mother, 'Sweet' Saraya Knight, who is pretty much the most accomplished women's wrestler in Britain.

Of course, this all means jack squat if WWE don't give more focus to the Divas division.

Ithil

So can this lady actually wrestle? I haven't watched NXT since it went all HULU Plus and stuff.

Paige? Absolutely. She's from a wrestling family and has been wrestling since she was 14 (she's 20, now).

Emma? Most definitely. She's been wrestling about 4-5 years and was trained by Lance Storm.

Aiii

So not worth it
Of course, this all means jack squat if WWE don't give more focus to the Divas division.

It's happening though.

Regular (longer) divas matches have been happening on TV, Kaitlyn vs. AJ is given at least some time and build-up, etc.

Baby steps though.

Ithil

It's happening though.

Regular (longer) divas matches have been happening on TV, Kaitlyn vs. AJ is given at least some time and build-up, etc.

Baby steps though.

I can sense some bad omens with this Total Divas show, though, I don't want the Bellas and those two models they hired for new Divas solely for the reality show (and not NXT) to suddenly be the Divas focus on WWE TV as well.

Also, spoilers for SD, the finish of Dean Ambrose vs Kane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZxpQdTsNCE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The wheels of justice turn slowly. You'll get a real divas division. Based HHH will make it happen.

bangai-o

Banned
It's happening though.

Baby steps though.

dump the Diva belt and and stop referring them as "Divas."

let them compete with the WcW Cruiserweight title.

Aiii

So not worth it
Very much agreed, I feel bad for any woman who becomes champion now for the first time having it be that horrible butterfly thing.

Ithil

Very much agreed, I feel bad for any woman who becomes champion now for the first time having it be that horrible butterfly thing.

AJ had an interview on Eurosports late last year, and she pretty much said if she won the Divas title, she'd hope for a new belt design because the current one "isn't her".

The wheels of justice turn slowly. You'll get a real divas division. Based HHH will make it happen.

I know we've heard HHH isn't particularly enthused by women's wrestling so there's no need to expect much of a change under him...yet, he has hired a lot of new women for NXT, and mostly drawing from the indie promotions or wrestling related athletics like MMA, he hired the most respected American women's wrestler Sara Del Rey to train the Divas, and the women's division is alive and well on NXT, with multiple storylines and really popular wrestlers (in fact, I'd say Paige is the most over person on NXT, male or female). And finally, WM Axxess implied that there's going to be an NXT Women's Title (Women's, not Divas) coming soon:

BHHDkJECYAAICPc.jpg-large.jpg

So even if its not HHH's first love in wrestling, I think he can't stand for the joke it is now, and it should be all it can be. Unlike Vince ("it's not supposed to be good"), I think it would be safe to bet that shitty wrestling repulses HHH.

Yeah, HHH has had some shit matches like with Steiner in 2003, but not intentionally

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know we've heard HHH isn't particularly enthused by women's wrestling so there's no need to expect much of a change under him...yet, he has hired a lot of new women for NXT, and mostly drawing from the indie promotions or wrestling related athletics like MMA, he hired the most respected American women's wrestler Sara Del Rey to train the Divas, and the women's division is alive and well on NXT, with multiple storylines and really popular wrestlers (in fact, I'd say Paige is the most over person on NXT, male or female). And finally, WM Axxess implied that there's going to be an NXT Women's Title (Women's, not Divas) coming soon:

Even if HHH is unenthused with women's wrestling it's going to be a damn sight better than what we've had.

Personally I love female vs male wrestling as it is exciting to me and interesting to watch. I hope that makes its way to the WWE. We need more equality.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There isn't a pressing need to discuss this just yet, but let it marinate in your mind for a bit.

We're gonna be doing WrassleGAF vs MMA-GAF in Fire Pro. Sometime later this month or early June most likely. Lambda Piscium and I are talking about it.

10 matches, each one a 1v1. We will need to pick ten wrestlers that are in Fire Pro. They'll pick 10 MMA fighters.

I think Lesnar counts on wrasslin side as he has betrayed MMA (and likely they wouldn't pick him anyway!)

Anyway just keep that in mind. It'll be a fun diversion to see which sport is superior. No decisions are being made yet.

Ithil

I like the NXT Championship belt and the NXT Tag Team Champships. They're really simple and clean, not gaudy. When they catch the light and give off the gold sheen they look great.

1238_456889781027314_1935054043_n.jpg

(Good God I've been cloned!)

NXT+tag+team+champions.jpg

Even if HHH is unenthused with women's wrestling it's going to be a damn sight better than what we've had.

Personally I love female vs male wrestling as it is exciting to me and interesting to watch. I hope that makes its way to the WWE. We need more equality.

Well all I have to go on there is some story from last year saying HHH would concentrate more on Tag Team wrestling and less on Women's wrestling. But really, even if it's a side thing for HHH's shows, it's still very much a thing, it's done as only a part of the show, not the focus, but it's done properly. It's not even a thing on WWE TV, let alone a side thing.

So I just had a dream where it was revealed that Zack Ryder kidnapped Daniel Bryan, tied him up, and threw him in a closet. He then grew a beard and started dressing like Daniel Bryan in order to replace him in Team Hell No so he'd be used more.

There isn't a pressing need to discuss this just yet, but let it marinate in your mind for a bit.

We're gonna be doing WrassleGAF vs MMA-GAF in Fire Pro. Sometime later this month or early June most likely. Lambda Piscium and I are talking about it.

10 matches, each one a 1v1. We will need to pick ten wrestlers that are in Fire Pro. They'll pick 10 MMA fighters.

I think Lesnar counts on wrasslin side as he has betrayed MMA (and likely they wouldn't pick him anyway!)

Anyway just keep that in mind. It'll be a fun diversion to see which sport is superior. No decisions are being made yet.

Heel also gave the idea of a 20 man rumble as the main event.

so, maybe 8 1v1 fights with the rumble or do you want to keep the 10 1v1 and add the rumble anyways? my only concern is time constrains since you're planning on streaming it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heel also gave the idea of a 20 man rumble as the main event.

so, maybe 8 1v1 fights with the rumble or do you want to keep the 10 1v1 and add the rumble anyways? my only concern is time constrains since you're planning on streaming it.

I'm alright just planning on a 10 match card and then maybe as our dark main event a ramble. We'll have to see - 10 matches might be a heck of a long run.

Maybe the Rumble should take place in WWE13 and I need to make MMA-GAF in it...hmmm...

Heel

WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING, BROTHER? THERE IS A PRESSING NEED FOR ALL THE DUDES AND DUDETTES OUT THERE IN THE WRASTLE-GAF UNIVERSE, BROTHER. ASSEMBLE A STABLE OF 10 OF YOUR SHOOTERS TO FACE THE MIXED MARTIAL MANIACS, DUDE. BE IT LOCKED IN A CAGE OR IN BETWEEN THE ROPES, NO HOLDS WILL BE BARRED. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS A SHOOT, DUDE.

I ATE MY HORSE MEAT, TOOK MY HGH AND THANKED GOD. WHATCHAGONNADO WHEN MMA-GAF RUNS WILD ON YOU?

jbgGB4Lvye4Ruc.jpg

With Punk gone, he's Vince's only hope.

He's like the Ben Kenobi of WWE.

Throw the title on him, he's the champ this company deserves, Cena can grant all the wishes he wants, make all the media trips, headline all the events and he's still not even a footnote on the legacy of Big Red workhorse putting over the past present and future as well as himself when need be, having the most raw matches of all time>Cena's accolades.

Until Cena carries on main eventing into his ancient years and steals the glory for himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kane and Cena, working safe and boring styles really does do wonders for your longetivity.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING, BROTHER? THERE IS A PRESSING NEED FOR ALL THE DUDES AND DUDETTES OUT THERE IN THE WRASTLE-GAF UNIVERSE, BROTHER. ASSEMBLE A STABLE OF 10 OF YOUR SHOOTERS TO FACE THE MIXED MARTIAL MANIACS, DUDE. BE IT LOCKED IN A CAGE OR IN BETWEEN THE ROPES, NO HOLDS WILL BE BARRED. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS A SHOOT, DUDE.

I ATE MY HORSE MEAT, TOOK MY HGH AND THANKED GOD. WHATCHAGONNADO WHEN MMA-GAF RUNS WILD ON YOU?

That fucking sponsorship edit :lol

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm pretty sure I'd end up in jail if I fought McKayla Maroney. She's 16 or something, right?

Hey I like Kane, I really do.

He's just not as, uhm, interesting in the ring as he is when he's doing comedy skits or summoning fire and hanging out in boiler rooms.
Hey there's nothing wrong with all your matches consisting of big boots, irish whipping dudes into the corner, clotheslining them, catching them as they wobble out with a side slam, two count kick out, top rope clothesline and chokeslam attempt....
Okay yeah this is true, I blame WWE's style more than anything where every wrestler that starts moving up the card has to have his obligatory move combo.

Just say it, Aiii. Kane sux

Sandow would be appalled by the way you phrase the term sucks, or do you mean sex? I bet you do.

Top Bottom