• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How are moves added to the game?

They aren't, Spike are just a bunch of madmen and made animations for basically every move ever up the the point the game shipped.

giphy.gif

Is there a chance the delay of the tournament is because they're still trying to get Shirai?
I had that thought for a moment, but man I can't remember the last time WWE let a talent dictate their own schedule like that.

That would speak volumes about how much they want her though.

They did fly her out to tour the PC and probably wine and dined her a bit, I'm sure they do but I imagine there's several women they want whose schedules that aren't lining up with this earlier date. TBH though, I mean yeah wrasslin' isn't real and all and most viewers will probably be WWE only watchers but without Io there'd be a bit of a cloud over the whole thing, I'd actually kinda feel bad a bit for Kairi if that were the case even though I think she'll have an easier time getting over and staying over with WWE's general limitations. Might as well scrap the damn thing without her, obviously that'd never happen.

Stardom would be ridiculously fucked if WWE gets the women they want from them. IIRC Hojo, Shirai, Storm, Tessa, and I think Kris Wolf were on a prelim list for the tournament.

I'm fairly certain they'd go after Mayu if she wasn't about to retire.
I'd be happy for Kris though, she's leaving Japan and going to Europe for a bit but I have to imagine despite how much she likes Japan that the opportunity to come back to the U.S. And have a greater chance at financial security from wrestling has to have some appeal though I'd miss her social media interactions and I'd be a bit concerned on how they'd use her if she did get signed.

Also, as much as I love Io and think she's awesome, I think she's not quite a lock to win that tournament if Toni Storm is in it. I could see them going all-in on her.

I think it'd be okay if Io didn't win, there's opportunity, if they wanted to do something screwy in the tournament so there's at least some angles ready for whatever they may do next she'd be a good target to use for it, on the other end did Toni sign a deal with Stardom? Maybe it was only short term but Toni Storm is probably a definite given they had her work Axxess. It's funny, she did a tryout with them back in 2015 and they didn't sign her, probably for the best since two years on the indies working everywhere is clearly superior to training two years or more in NXT.

EDIT: Those Fire Pro GIFs just remind me of how much I miss when the Smackdown games made their moves by hand instead of mo-cap, barely any impact bullshit.

I think it'd be okay if Io didn't win, there's opportunity, if they wanted to do something screwy in the tournament so there's at least some angles ready for whatever they may do next she'd be a good target to use for it, on the other end did Toni sign a deal with Stardom? Maybe it was only short term but Toni Storm is probably a definite given they had her work Axxess. It's funny, she did a tryout with them back in 2015 and they didn't sign her, probably for the best since two years on the indies working everywhere is clearly superior to training two years or more in NXT.

All the info I can find says Toni signed a standard one-year deal last October. That means it would expire a month after the tournament ends. I could see WWE basically agreeing to a deal with her so they can sign her as soon as that deal ends.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jericho vs. Okada in a landmine deathmatch? It's more likely then you think!

giphy.gif

Ok ok ok. I'll stop posting Fire Pro gifs.

ElRenoRaven

You know. I think I made a good choice switching my streamczw sub to highspots. I still get CZW and WSU even if they are slower getting them. Then I get so much more for my money.

Loving the Wrestlecon shows.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I just realized that that goddamn SDvR engine that Yukes' been using since 2005 is going to be our only major option for wrestling games this gen. At least last gen we had WWE All-Stars and TNA Impact*.

*Yes I know Impact sucked but its graphics were great.

ElRenoRaven

I just realized that that goddamn SDvR engine that Yukes' been using since 2005 is going to be our only major option for wrestling games this gen. At least last gen we had WWE All-Stars and TNA Impact*.

*Yes I know Impact sucked but its graphics were great.

OOPS. Meant to edit this into the previous post. Bad Psycho Bad!

Nah. Pro Wrestling X on PC is slowly but surely coming along pretty nicely. Plays so AKI like too. Course that's their goal. Then of course we'll have Fire Pro too.

It's fucking ridiculous that Stardom World has all the promos subtitled and NJPW World doesn't.

Remind me which one is trying to make a US expansion again?

AAW was pretty fantastic tonight

Keith Lee vs. Pentagon was dope but way shorter than I hoped. Lee's moonsault is glorious

ZSJ vs. Elgin.......whew

Sabre kicked out at 1 super late in the match and it was fuckin siiiiiick

I feel like a quality wrestling game is a really underappreciated element of the hot periods of this industry. Like if a really great, quality WWE game actually came out, that'd be a hell of a gateway for people to discover the company.

I feel like a quality wrestling game is a really underappreciated element of the hot periods of this industry. Like if a really great, quality WWE game actually came out, that'd be a hell of a gateway for people to discover the company.

WWE just needs to throw money at Netherrealm and Ed Boon to make a full console version of WWE Immortals.

Beefy

Yukes be lazy though. Until wwe move to a different company I won't be buying a wrestling game.

Beefy is why WWE games haven't changed. "Graphics are good so it's all good"

You must not be reading my posts right brother, I haven't brought a wrestling game since I was about 15.

Top Bottom