• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Valkrai

Lines are too long to get a pic with Cody Rhodes. But I got to meet Joey Ryan and Candice LeRay

XPac did pretty decent considering his age

Professor Beef invades the backstage area of WWE Raw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeTMkRKqmkw

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So with all the promotion they are giving Nakamura for Backlash, does that mean Nakamura v Ziggler is the main event?

:3

I watched a couple more NJPW videos and what is the deal behind Yoshi-Hashi? He a part of Chaos but he seems like he is their to fill in the roster.

Yeah, YOSHI's a mid-card guy at best - but he's shown some good improvement over the past few years (especially when tagging with Okada) and the fans have got behind him well, so he's been given some more opportunities recently. I'm a big fan of his, but if he ever wins a title it'll probably be no more than the tag belts...maybe the NEVER belt if they book him on a big singles run, but I doubt it.

Regardless of if he ever wins any titles or not, he did marry Ayumi Kurihara, so he's a winner in my book :p

miserable

I watched today this unusual NJPW show called NEXESS from 2004. First, you have this cat named American Dragon in a 6 man tag featuring Ultimo Dragon and a young Marufuji too.

0r3yUfS.gif

then there was a Jr match with Liger vs a young Katsuhiko Nakajima followed by Ken Shamrock vs Josh Barnett which ends in a DQ when Shamrock punches the referee

after that comes a tag team match with Tenryu and an out of shape Meng going against some mongolian dudes who might be related to eachother. strange how there were a lot of chops in this match but no mongolian chops.

MSygFGJ.jpg

some other matches on the card were this Yutaka Yoshie vs a boxer dude who I think I saw in K-1 too in a boxer vs wrestler match with different rules?, a young Tana vs Sean O'Haire (wtf?), and a worked shoot with MMA rules between K-1's Musashi and Shibata.

CSY9Slw.gif

the main event was the IWGP title match between Bob Sapp and Nakamura which went about as well as you'd imagine. man, what a weird show. hmm, I wonder came up with this...

GbkHUHs.gif

Sanjuro

Decided to go to the flea market this morning.

Bob Backlund is here! He is standing outside behind a tiny table and won't stop smiling.

I think it'd be okay if Io didn't win, there's opportunity, if they wanted to do something screwy in the tournament so there's at least some angles ready for whatever they may do next she'd be a good target to use for it, on the other end did Toni sign a deal with Stardom? Maybe it was only short term but Toni Storm is probably a definite given they had her work Axxess. It's funny, she did a tryout with them back in 2015 and they didn't sign her, probably for the best since two years on the indies working everywhere is clearly superior to training two years or more in NXT.

oh totally, the first time I saw her is night and day compared to now.

What's the context of it?

Melina had a weird UK comeback run in one or two companies, won belts and went over the British women

Foggy

It's fucking ridiculous that Stardom World has all the promos subtitled and NJPW World doesn't.

Remind me which one is trying to make a US expansion again?

Stardom's a pretty terrible comparison since they release matches one at a time with main events getting uploaded a week after they happened. That's why they're even able to do it in the first place. And the promos add zero value 95% of the time.

Also wasn't there word that NJPW would sub the videos a couple days after? Has that not happened?

Mahonay

Banned
The whole "Aiden English's gimmick is mocking Mauro" seems like a big stretch.

JBL did fuck with him and all of that other shit did happen. But this latest thing seems out there. Like didn't WWE arrange a settlement with Mauro? They would be pretty fucking dumb to keep attacking him now. But it's WWE, so definitely possible.

I've been so not giving a shit about wrestling since I dropped the Network after the bullying stuff came flooding out. Not watching NJPW or indies either. I got burned out. Didn't even finish all of Payback. Just need a break where I only very occasionally watch I think.

It's really not a stretch. The week after Mauro is gone, English shows up and starts crying, with Jericho and JBL shitting on him for not being a man.

It's fucking transparent.

Anyway, off to get ready to train to London, nice little card at Rev Pro:

iIln4oG.gif

Pikma

Banned
I actually thought Jericho would lend him a hand, actually, maybe some kind of face turn for English but nope, he put him on the fucking list because of crying, which is apparently something negative? That I can say did notice right away, and it bothered me but never really made the connection.

Mahonay

Banned
I actually thought Jericho would lend him a hand, actually, maybe some kind of face turn for English but nope, he put him on the fucking list because of crying, which is apparently something negative? That I can say did notice right away, and it bothered me but never really made the connection.
Well, they also constantly make "wanting diversity and being proud of your culture" a heel characteristic. They have a long history of trying to get the audience to boo perfectly human and positive attributes.

They are directly connected to the Trump administration so it makes perfect sense really.

Uh, this seems like the sort of response you should fully expect when you go around zapping people who aren't in on the joke.

Pikma

Banned
I want you to give me 1 million dollars because you reacted somewhat aggressively to a fucking prank I was heavily involved in

Lmao

Menome

God-damned pretenders to my throne. Stealing my damned username across the internet. I've been going by this username since before some of them were probably even born, the bastards.

It's bad enough I couldn't get it on PSN (Although Xbox and Steam are safe), but in the past week I've found it's already taken on Bethesda and Hi-Rez Studios' account databases. It's not like it's a common word that anybody would try and grab.

WHO IS IMPERSONATING ME?

I have ruled out the following suspects:

OwensIsNow

The rest of the internet is still under suspicion.

Mahonay

Banned
God-damned pretenders to my throne. Stealing my damned username across the internet. I've been going by this username since before some of them were probably even born, the bastards.

It's bad enough I couldn't get it on PSN (Although Xbox and Steam are safe), but in the past week I've found it's already taken on Bethesda and Hi-Rez Studios' account databases. It's not like it's a common word that anybody would try and grab.

WHO IS IMPERSONATING ME?

I have ruled out the following suspects:

OwensIsNow

The rest of the internet is still under suspicion.

It was me
1423885063309.gif

Top Bottom