• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Both Kota and ZSJ turned down WWE contracts right?

Between them, the Young Bucks, and maybe Omega, we might be seeing the start of people declining WWE for better careers.

I feel pretty safe in saying those guys are the rare exception and not at all the rule.

I mean hell, I expect Omega to be in WWE this time next year.

He would blame it on no one liking the flippy shit.

But everyone on his roster does flippy shit. Including Roman.

Between them, the Young Bucks, and maybe Omega, we might be seeing the start of people declining WWE for better careers.

Im not sure who it was as it wasnt reported, but an indie guy in the UK said he makes more money in the UK than he would with a standard main roster contract with WWE.

MG310

Neville beating the shit out of regular sized guys of the same height is the only way to keep Vince onboard with the whole Cruiserweight idea.

For those keeping track, Gail Kim has gone from openly criticizing Vince and saying she wouldn't ever go back to WWE to now saying "never say never".

That's not anime though. It's "Japanese animation".
bretlol.gif

One Punch Man season 1 one of the GOAT TV seasons imo
It's soooo good. Really one of the funniest and deepest animes (ANIME, Caderfix!) I've heard.

I've heard Mob Psycho 100 is even better, but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

Gail's been so anti WWE I can't ever imagine her coming back. Wonder why she's changed her mind.

Probably the womens tournament and possibility of a womens show. It will probably have the same fate as 205 though. Feuds over Fandango or whatever the fuck they come up with.

205 Live should have either maintained the sport like approach or gone full PWG.

ElRenoRaven

I wonder how much of that has to do with the current state of TNA, like a "grass is greener on the other side" scenario

She's probably been listening to Josh Mathews on commentary. TNA is unwatchable with him on commentary. I was so glad when he was gone. Course that only lasted one week.

somedevil

Ibushi is different because he doesn't want to sign anywhere. He burnt out when he was doing DDT and New Japan.

Beefy

I can see both Omega and Young Bucks joining WWE in the future. We need some one to buy Vince out, but not likely.

This Suzuki-Gun vs Chaos match at Wreslting Dontaku 2017 was all over the place. It felt like it was supposed to be a Goto vs Minoru but then added a lot more people in it.

Probably the womens tournament and possibility of a womens show. It will probably have the same fate as 205 though. Feuds over Fandango or whatever the fuck they come up with.

205 Live should have either maintained the sport like approach or gone full PWG.

I don't think the women's show would fall victim to the same woes as 205 did mainly because they already know how to book women now generally. With CWs Vince was basically starting from scratch in his mind and throwing all his shit at the wall and seeing what would stick.

They already know what gets the women over nowadays.

Heroman

Banned

Biggest problem with 205 live was who was it for.

I don't think the women's show would fall victim to the same woes as 205 did mainly because they already know how to book women now generally. With CWs Vince was basically starting from scratch in his mind and throwing all his shit at the wall and seeing what would stick.

They already know what gets the women over nowadays.

I know I am being unfair, but it wouldnt really surprise me too.

triple h probably wants kenny and the bucks so bad

He would for sure. I wonder how much creative control they would have, or if they would have Michael Hayes and Road Dogg curate their matches for them.

Gail's been so anti WWE I can't ever imagine her coming back. Wonder why she's changed her mind.

No idea, but that's exactly what she said in a Busted Open interview a few days ago. Never say never. Said she wants to wrestle Charlotte, too.

triple h probably wants kenny and the bucks so bad

He totally does. They don't really like it when guys get that level of buzz outside of WWE. And I think he'll get them eventually, even if it takes an AJ-level deal to make it happen.

Sephzilla

Omega and the Bucks are definitely on WWE's radar. WWE in general seems to have been keeping a closer eye on the big stars in Japan

Bronx-Man

Banned
205 Live, along with the Cruiserweights, was a mistake. WWE can't book fast-paced matches or anything even resembling lucha libre to save their lives so what you end up with is a bunch of 5'9 twigs reeanacting your average Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal match.

Sephzilla

Vince will accept a buyout from a bigger company and then be angry/confused as to why he no longer has any influence in creative

FWIW, Meltzer seems to think WWE will get mostly every major talent they want in the next few years (Ricochet, Ospreay, Omega, Bucks, etc.). Any time he talks about the future of WWE, he mentions that they will have an unfathomable level of talent on their roster within the next three or so years.

FWIW, Meltzer seems to think WWE will get mostly every major talent they want in the next few years (Ricochet, Ospreay, Omega, Bucks, etc.). Any time he talks about the future of WWE, he mentions that they will have an unfathomable level of talent on their roster within the next three or so years.

they totally will but it won't mean shit because the booking is trash

Hasney

Biggest problem with 205 live was who was it for.

Let's take all this high flying exciting talent that had matches ranging from good to phenomenal in a tournament, tell them to tone their style and speed down, put them on Raw with purple ropes setup that slows the pace of Raw down and have their division so isolated that they don't interact with the rest of the roster. For some reason, Kalisto is on the main roster though. Then give them an hour on the Network as well and just do whatever.

What a fucking shit show.

Really hope they just scrap it. Maybe have to thin the numbers and put some between NXT, Smackdown and Raw because there is some real talent there. But they don't need to be in this watered down shitshow.

Top Bottom