• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Anth0ny

I think we're finally reaching that WWE dystopia we've been talking about for the last 5+ years ever since they started to really focus on part timers in big spots.

No one is over and the problem is worse than ever. None of the part timers are on the shows. No HHH, Rock, Brock, Taker, Cena, Batista, Goldberg... it's just the regular guys carrying the shows now. And they're all geeks that no one cares about.

They're fucked.

There's a reason why Steph and HHH are nowhere to be seen.

You really think that's why? If so, when would be their big planned return? There's little to no competition for Raw right now. At best, they'll be without any sort of competition whatsoever for two months in July and August. So you think Steph and Triple H will show up for two months and vanish again?

I think we're finally reaching that WWE dystopia we've been talking about for the last 5+ years ever since they started to really focus on part timers in big spots.

No one is over and the problem is worse than ever. None of the part timers are on the shows. No HHH, Rock, Brock, Taker, Cena, Batista, Goldberg... it's just the regular guys carrying the shows now. And they're all geeks that no one cares about.

They're fucked.

Wheres the Champion? Hes never around................Its ridiculous.

Anth0ny

You really think that's why? If so, when would be their big planned return? There's little to no competition for Raw right now. At best, they'll be without any sort of competition whatsoever for two months in July and August. So you think Steph and Triple H will show up for two months and vanish again?

they'll be back when the nba playoffs end, yeah.

then gone again when the nfl season starts.

Zach

They're fucked.

It's not unlike ALL IS LOST: In the Series Finale of NBA Y2K, We Bear Witness to the Slow, Miserable Death of Basketball.

Beefy

They fucked up by having Lesner as champ and pushing Roman beyond everything. Raw is basically a wasteland now.

Even then, it's not like general sentiment or differences in general sentiment can illuminate any sort of qualitative worth. It's all just what you're familiar with. I'm sure anyone could spend time in a random large pocket of internet wrestling fandom and come away saying that "people say" those feuds were all trash or they were all tremendous.

That's irrelevant though. I'm posting on GAF, not the entire internet. And I'll bet anything that the general sentiment on GAF lines up with what I'm saying, and I know that because I've been here to read it.

If you take into account the entire internet, no one can ever argue about consensus ever on anything.

BUT GUYS! WHAT ABOUT ALL THEIR TWITTER FOLLOWERS? WHAT ABOUT THE NETWORK? WHAT ABOUT THEIR YOUTUBE!?!?!?!?

People abandoning the social media ship since Nazis were enabled to make more and more accounts there
Still stuck at 1.4-1.5 mil paid
Youtube advertising for pro wrestling post-Restricted Mode is now officially dead and never coming back, and WCPW/Beyond/etc will feel the effects of this within a calendar year
Lost money on digital

Fox318

They will return after the NBA playoffs in the run up to Summerslam. Then they will disappear during football season.

Menome

Good Thing:

For those that enjoy Miz shooting, check out his ringside commentary spot from last night. One of the few good things about RAW last night.

Bad Thing:

My depression just took a massive dive tonight and the fucking ridiculous thing that set it off was Michael Cole's commentary for the Roman Reigns segment.

Obviously a bunch of other stuff is more pressing and to blame, but that was just the final straw of frustration that tipped me over for today.

They fucked up by having Lesner as champ and pushing Roman beyond everything. Raw is basically a wasteland now.

The champ is supposed to be the mouthpiece of your company........Look who we have? look who we have had........

They are a disaster. Just a cluster.

Oh the days where we would wait with anticipation ;for Shawn, Brett, Stone Cold to come to the ring.............WWE are so lost, In 30 years of watching wrestling, I have never seen the product so bad with so many terrible decisions.

Beefy

Good Thing:

For those that enjoy Miz shooting, check out his ringside commentary spot from last night. One of the few good things about RAW last night.

Bad Thing:

My depression just took a massive dive tonight and the fucking ridiculous thing that set it off was Michael Cole's commentary for the Roman Reigns segment.

Obviously a bunch of other stuff is more pressing and to blame, but that was just the final straw of frustration that tipped me over for today.

Ever need a chat am here man.

Everything over the past month was built to Braun conquering Reigns and fighting Brock

Now Reigns is storyline hurt, Braun is legit hurt, and Brock's not being used until July

Good luck making people care about Finn or Dean vs Bray for one month as the Main Feud, let alone 3

they'll be back when the nba playoffs end, yeah.

then gone again when the nfl season starts.

I think that's a ridiculous notion. The NFL? Yeah, I can buy them avoiding TV for that four month stretch. But avoiding the NBA playoffs, which at this point is one game or so a night that isn't doing anywhere near football numbers? I don't buy it. I mean hell, what would Triple H even be doing on TV right now?

And on top of that, Stephanie was on TV during last football season. Wouldn't that contradict the idea that she's afraid of it?

XenoRaven

Good Thing:

Bad Thing:

They just couldn't stop at Mauro could they

A match where everyone in the building and online believe Okada knee was gone. What tremendous selling and storytelling.
That shit was awful. He gets attacked before the match. An attack focusing on the knee. Then gets the knee worked the whole match. And has an endless knee submission, but he still fucking wins. Fuck the Reignsmaker.
If WWE dies in 5 years, these threads will be nothing but CZW gifs and OwensIsNow talking about Impact Wrestling.

Be careful what you wish for.
Are you implying we won't all be watchful to Impact?

If WWE dies in 5 years, these threads will be nothing but CZW gifs and OwensIsNow talking about Impact Wrestling.

lol, WWE is so far from death it's not even funny. At worst they get to such a low point that they basically have to turn into NXT-size full time, but even that's a far away reality. Hell, they'd probably just be sold off to some media company like Comcast or Disney for peanuts before they were to die. The brand means too much to too many people.

Anth0ny

all the best workers will go to Japan to work Strong Style.

NJPW in LA is the first step towards a bright future for worked athletics, friend.

Zach

Good Thing:

Bad Thing:

Menome, you are the wind beneath my wings. Feel better. I'm sending filthy vibes your way.

That was Alvarez's counter-argument, but Meltzer didn't seem to agree. He said the Juice match was different, but most of wrestling today is doing your comeback with little to no selling.

I know, I just really dont think it is as bad, speaking generally. It just isnt. Everyone is happy when WWE do selling well, like Reigns with his shoulder at Payback or when Owens struggled to get to the ring at the rumble a couple of years ago. They just seem like outliers. Besides, we heard for a while there a lot of wrestlers want to sell more but Vince doesnt like it.

I do agree it is a bit of a problem though. I just think there is a world of difference between the two and a lot of it is how it is presented.

Three words:

Susuki versus Okada

Yeah that match was heavily criticized because of that. Or are you saying that is the standard of NJPW?

Pikma

Banned
all the best workers will go to Japan to work Strong Style.

NJPW in LA is the first step towards a bright future for worked athletics, friend.
Lmao, do you really believe they'd have enough interest, money and available spots to sign all those gaijins? 😂😂😂

You'd be seeing a bunch of them once every four months at best

Top Bottom