• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She'd be the female Cena, they said. Can't possibly fuck her up, they said.

AdeptBronzeIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif

NXT

NXT

NXT

NXT

You can bag on Steph for her TV BS, but according to Meltzer she, not just Triple H, was actually a significant part of the women getting a bigger push.

Still think making it about her is a bad move, even if she was responsible. Her behind the scenes stuff is concerning, wasn't she responsible for the Warrior Award?

She'd be the female Cena, they said. Can't possibly fuck her up, they said.

AdeptBronzeIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif

Wait, this shit happened in NXT too?

I really don't see how anyone could have thought Bayley was a sure thing. The whole reason she was able to get mega-over in NXT is because she had a natural two year character arc. Everything about her felt natural and like the fans were apart of it.

That's really hard to recreate, and is literally impossible to do so with the way Vince books by changing shit every single week.

Still think making it about her is a bad move, even if she was responsible. Her behind the scenes stuff is concerning, wasn't she responsible for the Warrior Award?

She's by no means perfect, she has her faults just like they all do. But I don't think she's this extremely negative presence like some seem to.

ReiGun

Steph is going to be worse then Vince
Eh, I just don't see it. She'll be extremely prickly about branding and image, but obsessively booking the show to show product in the way Vince does? She doesn't come across that way.

People have said she's more like Vince than Shane is, though. So she'll probably have some of him in her.

Trips wants to be liked
Steph wants a product that makes her look like a legitimate businesswoman instead of the leader of a circus
And Vince wants his vision irrespective of if it is successful or not.

But that makes me think Stephanie and Trips could compromise without Vince there.

I'm not one of those people who thinks the WWE is going to suddenly become drastically different without Vince. But I can definitely see HHH and Stephanie running the ship differently just due to their goals being different.

NXT has been way too good for way too long for me to think Triple H taking over from Vince, at least from a product quality standpoint, could possibly be anything other than a positive.

10 Wrestling's Biggest Unsolved Mysteries:

Who blew up McMahon's Limo?
How did Hornswoggle become the Anonymous Raw GM?
Who was Kane's twin?
Who was driving the white hummer? (WCW)
Why didn't Maven win the 2002 RR?
Who was behind GTV?
The magic briefcase (King of the Ring 1999)
Who crippled Vince? (McMahon's Millions)
Baby Doll's Blackmail Envelope to Dusty Rhodes
Raven's Masterpiece

But that makes me think Stephanie and Trips could compromise without Vince there.

I'm not one of those people who thinks the WWE is going to suddenly become drastically different without Vince. But I can definitely see HHH and Stephanie running the ship differently just due to their goals being different.

An overlooked aspect of the power situation is: Vince knew when his company and/or the business benefited from a grudge ending. If it were left down to HHH and Shawn, Bret would have never been allowed back, let alone come back AND get handshakes/hugs/a full Raw celebrating his return AND get a dominant Mania win after doing so

You want a perfect example of how that's not ever going to happen under the new admin, look at Punk. There's not a person in that company who hates Punk more, and who Punk hates more, than HHH. Rest assured, if Punk ever comes back, it's while Vince is around. Because if it's up to just HHH, HHH is going to make Punk apologize and feel like he did him a disservice (which not many in that company are allowed to feel like they've done and stick around after doing). HHH will make Punk beg to come back, and he won't, because he knows he doesn't need to, because he doesn't need him or them.

The first two are pretty solved. The limo thing was going to eventually be revealed to be Vince did it himself and faked his death because he wanted to see how his family would act. They would have spent months bickering and fighting over the company, then he would return disappointed with them and reveal that he only trusted his illegitimate son, Mr. Kennedy. But when that angle was scrapped because of Benoit, Vince's illegitimate son ended up being Hornswoggle.

And I'm almost certain it was revealed that the Anonymous GM was going to be Triple H, but eventually it went so long that the emails had lost consistency, so it wouldn't have made sense for it to be Triple H, so they just played it off as a joke with Hornswoggle.

Basically, Hornswoggle was their "break in glass in case of bullshit" wrestler.

Who is it that hates Dunn?

Triple H really doesn't like him and Stephanie isn't a real fan of his either. That's why he constantly undercuts guys from NXT (like when he told Vince he shouldn't push Adam Rose because he had a bad accent).

Meltzer has said that Dunn always tries to undercut Triple H because he knows that once Triple H has the power to get him out, he will do it ASAP.

An overlooked aspect of the power situation is: Vince knew when his company and/or the business benefited from a grudge ending. If it were left down to HHH and Shawn, Bret would have never been allowed back, let alone come back AND get handshakes/hugs/a full Raw celebrating his return AND get a dominant Mania win after doing so

You want a perfect example of how that's not ever going to happen under the new admin, look at Punk. There's not a person in that company who hates Punk more, and who Punk hates more, than HHH. Rest assured, if Punk ever comes back, it's while Vince is around. Because if it's up to just HHH, HHH is going to make Punk apologize and feel like he did him a disservice (which not many in that company are allowed to feel like they've done and stick around after doing). HHH will make Punk beg to come back, and he won't, because he knows he doesn't need to, because he doesn't need him or them.

I thought it was because Vince liked having that power over people crawling back to him.

Eh, Vince has had his fair share of guys he wouldn't bring back until convinced.

I mean, Triple H is the only reason Bruno is back affiliated with the company. He did all the work on that and talked Vince into it.

When the time comes, and Dunn is going to be likely fired by 3H/Steph, he's going to feel (if Dunn cares) like JR, when he was fired (apparently Vince wanted to look for an excuse to fire Jim Ross, and the Ric Flair incident was a perfect deciding factor).

Beefy

People who like good camera work.

Damn....

Triple H really doesn't like him and Stephanie isn't a real fan of his either. That's why he constantly undercuts guys from NXT (like when he told Vince he shouldn't push Adam Rose because he had a bad accent).

Meltzer has said that Dunn always tries to undercut Triple H because he knows that once Triple H has the power to get him out, he will do it ASAP.

3H and Stephanie.

I want Dunn gone as well. Camera work is shit and he fucks up the info panels nearly all the time.

I want Dunn gone as well. Camera work is shit and he fucks up the info panels nearly all the time.

What I've gathered from the various reports of the relationship between he and Triple H is that Triple H hates that Dunn is the biggest supporter and advocate for Vince's idea of "it's not wrestling" and presenting the product as "sports entertainment". But that's also why Vince likes him so much.

Wow, Dunn hates accents. I thought he straight up didn't like Becky's accent, but know with him hating Adam Roses', it makes sense.

What's ironic is apparently, he had no problem with Aksana and it's what led to her getting more character development (or rather stealing a character) that was meant for Maxine.

Wow, Dunn hates accents. I thought he straight up didn't like Becky's accent, but know with him hating Adam Roses', it makes sense.

What's ironic is apparently, he had no problem with Aksana and it's what led to her getting more character development (or rather stealing a character) that was meant for Maxine.

Dunn is all about the TV presentation and what looks and sounds good. He could less of a shit about the wrestling.

With Wyatt being moved to Roman, I'm wondering if Finn pinning Miz on Monday means Miz is winning the title on Monday and feuding with Finn. But then where does Ambrose go?

Braun's injury really fucked that roster up.

Dave got details of the Paige biopic Dwayne's doing with WWE

It sucks

Stephen Marchant (co-creator of “The Office") wrote/directed the movie
The Knight family are a broke, trailer park trash type of family from Norwich that run their own small wrestling company. The father, Ricky, played by Nick Frost, served time, but tried to turn his life around running a wrestling company, but it’s a money losing company and in the money they are constantly on the run from people they owe money to. His wife, Julia (Sweet Saraya), is played by Lena Headey).
In the movie they have two kids, Zak (played by Jack Lowden) and Saraya (played by Florence Pugh). Roy Knight, the other brother who wrestles, doesn’t exist in the movie.
Also in the movie, even though the parents run a wrestling company, the kids aren’t wrestlers as apparently it would ruin a place they want to go.
The kids want to be wrestlers in the WWE. The idea was that the two kids just bugged WWE officials so badly they were given a tryout. (Acts like a comedy, them not knowing what they’re doing, when actually both were fairly experienced at wrestling when they got their tryout. Also Britani was well known and one of the most popular UK women wrestlers at the time. Not a joke like the film portrays.)
The WWE signs Saraya and not Zak, she ends up in the U.S. knowing nothing, but a kindly coach, played by heavy hitter Vince Vaughn, takes her under his wing at NXT (wasn’t NXT at the time)
The coach teaches her to set her mind to it after she wants to quit at first. The film makes it look like Saraya is struggling in developmental when in actuality, she was a hit immediately
The story culminates in Paige winning the title over A.J. Lee at WrestleMania (actually happened on the post-Mania Raw)
Dwayne cameos as The Rock, showing up at the U.K. tryout and also giving her pointers before her title win. Because of course.

The way Meltzer describes the story of that movie, it's not really a Paige biopic as much as it's a comedy about a family that shares names and slight similarities to the life story of Paige. Like they are taking a lot of liberties with what actually happened.

Top Bottom