• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Night WrassleGAF.

giphy.gif

Menome

You all no-sold my Andre The Giant/Princess Bride joke, so I must now declare you all my enemies for twenty-four hours.

It's infinitely better to have these talented guys show up every two or three weeks on tv than have them thrown at you almost every week stuck in one feud each because there's not enough talent depth.

Slow build > overexposure any day of the week

Now, guys like No Way Jose or Oney not having any tv time at allis something I could complain about.

Absolutely but Ohno has been back for months and his biggest win was against The Drifter...

He had a completely meaningless role at Takeover Orlando... Dude has done fuck and all

There's a middle ground between every week and borderline obscurity.

Pikma

Banned
Absolutely but Ohno has been back for months and his biggest win was against The Drifter...

He had a completely meaningless role at Takeover Orlando... Dude has done fuck and all

There's a middle ground between every week and borderline obscurity.
Borderline obscurity? is that what you think Ohno is in?

Hasney

World of Sport looks done, at least with IMPACT involved. Fuck that owl.

ITV is pissed their current plans had to be delayed and might try for an early 2018 launch but likely dropping it by then.

Observer said:
The key problem is what was reported here last week regarding ITV and Impact not coming to a business agreement over their partnership. ITV wants to do it, and the feeling was that they had the structure to handle a taping for one show, but not a promotion, which is where TNA came aboard since they have experience in running a wrestling business. It’s certainly not dead that they would be able to reach an agreement and do tapings later. It also may not happen. Whether ITV would do it on their own or work with a U.K. promotion is still up in the air. The problem with the U.K. promotions is that all the talent in the U.K., besides those signed with WWE & Anthem are free agents and work everywhere, and ITV would want a crew under contract so WWE couldn’t pick them off. The Mirror reported that the shows won’t be taped until 2018 which will kill the project because I don’t see any top talent not getting signed somewhere before that. A lot of the talent doesn’t think it’s going to happen now since no new dates were announced and just the way it quietly was announced as not happening. One person key in the plans said the story they were told was they were looking at starting in the next year, which sounds a lot less promising than if they said they’d be taping in the next two months. There were several minor things done to sabotage the project but ultimately I think ITV wanted to try wrestling which used to be cheap programming in the old days, but now it’s expensive and you have to sign the talent to deals or you’ll lose them if they are good to one of many different companies, most notably WWE. There are major issues that aren’t settled. ITV supposedly has a backup plan, but working with What Culture is not something that is being considered right now based on what we’re told. A lot of the talent signed by ITV was unhappy when the word was that Impact would be taking over and wanted out, and even more disappointed when these shows were canceled. Some were told that it may not be until next year when the first tapings take place, which is where the starting back in 2018 story came from. There was actually talk among some of the guys of a Radicalz 2000 jump to WWE, which obviously would have loved to have taken the top tier talent from the project, but many of the key contracts with ITV from the first set of tapings were for one year, so they have a long way to go. There was talk of some of them being at the WWE tryouts, but I’m not sure WWE would let guys try out publicly who have existing contracts and we didn’t hear anything about the contracted guys here trying out. Others involved with the project outright told us that given how everything went down this past week, with the cancellation and not even a clue of a new tapings date, or the nebulous early 2018, that they are going with their own mentality of like it’s not happening, and it’s a big disappointment because much of the talent had high hopes for the project

Hasney

Well if y'all could stop posting in the thread when I'm out then sleeping, it would be much appreciated. People should still be asking "Where's Hasney?" When I'm not active.

Hasney

In the future, I'll be sure to vanity search my name.

I am broke and hungover at work so I'll skip it for now. Girlfriend got a first in her second year history degree so I ended up buying decent whiskey to celebrate. Oof.

There's another way Vince killed wrestling - everything's got to be a BIG production now, which is fucking stupid. Wrestling should be one of the CHEAPEST things to film, and that's part of why it became so successful on TV, because stations were desperate for cheap weekly content and wrestling was more than able to fill the gap. Not now though, it's gotta be a big arena, there's gotta be a huge stage, and titantrons, and pyro, and a hundred other things that don't really add anything to the product, just the presentation!

This shit really shouldn't be so hard. Hey, ITV: 1. give Nathan Cruz the book, 2. supply an ITV camera and production crew, 3. film matches at NGW shows, Butlins camps and other random indies up and down the country. Do what the old World of Sport wrestling did and emphasise that there's a wealth of wrestling going on in the UK every week, rather than trying to make your own self-contained World of Sport universe.

Pikma

Banned
There's another way Vince killed wrestling - everything's got to be a BIG production now, which is fucking stupid. Wrestling should be one of the CHEAPEST things to film, and that's part of why it became so successful on TV, because stations were desperate for cheap weekly content and wrestling was more than able to fill the gap. Not now though, it's gotta be a big arena, there's gotta be a huge stage, and titantrons, and pyro, and a hundred other things that don't really add anything to the product, just the presentation!

This shit really shouldn't be so hard. Hey, ITV: 1. give Nathan Cruz the book, 2. supply an ITV camera and production crew, 3. film matches at NGW shows, Butlins camps and other random indies up and down the country. Do what the old World of Sport wrestling did and emphasise that there's a wealth of wrestling going on in the UK every week, rather than trying to make your own self-contained World of Sport universe.
Having their own self-contained universe protects them from WWE though. Imagine what would have happened to Lucha Underground's roster had management not taken this into account

Hasney

I agree in a way, but for an ITV prime time spot, I think it does need the spectacle. I'm not a fan, but I doubt X Factor or Britains Got Talent or whatever would be great as just a singing show without the big stage and that. Maybe they could use that stage to film a seasons worth of main events over 2 nights and then do your idea as the undercard. OH, and not get anyone that's ever touched TNA involved.

Alexa Bliss on Talk is Jericho!

Yes! I've been hoping she'd do one.

Also side note Jericho is booked for a Raw Japan tour in late June early July in Japan...

Also booked on that tour are Gallows and Anderson....

An overseas tour with Jericho, Gallows and Anderson! You know what that probably means? Another episode of Talk n Shop Presented by TiJ

For me this is what kills the current WWE character investment. It's so grand and over produced that it's hard for me to suspend disbelief

Hasney

Kane is pretty awesome on the Edge and Christian podcast, seems like every has a Christian being a dick story. Don't agree with his politics, but he actually sounds like he's getting into the mayor race for the right reasons. Sounding like that is the most you can probably ask for in politics....

Really nothing grabbing me on this new Paramore album apart from Hard Times. Shame after how much I loved the last album. This is a hot take of course, I may change my mind over time.

Top Bottom