• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

remember when smackdown debuted they gave dolph ziggler a title shot by beating aj styles
And it lead to such a classic match with Ambrose.

Dean+Ambrose+on+railing.gif

The build up to this was actually really good, but that only made the match even shitter.

Then Ziggler lost and immediately got another title shot. Then he eventually lost the feud with Miz and he got another title shot. And after that he went into his American flag-tights wearing, minority-beating phase.

I dare you to say that to his #1 fan, BewareTheBatsie.
jaDIg08.gif

I laughed.

There was another incident on the Clash show during a Brian Pillman vs. Eddie Guerrero match. Pillman was running away from Guerrero outside the ring and ran up behind Bobby Heenan at the commentary table and grabbed his jacket and started pulling on it. Heenan, who has a very bad neck, freaked out because he thought Pillman might hurt him (Dave notes that half the company is legit scared of Pillman these days because he's just as out of control backstage as he is on TV). Heenan screamed, "What the fuck are you doing!?" live on the air and ran away from the booth. He returned later and apologized for losing his cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCbZP4LG6Jw

Also, Vince McMahon has drastically toned down the gay references to Goldust, but that didn't stop Mr. Perfect from making a bunch of gay jokes, which McMahon ignored, and it didn't stop the crowd from chanting "faggot!" at him.

Oh boy.

Menome

I've never watched Twin Peaks, but I'm somewhat interested in doing so. Having that in mind, I have the impression that starting this late might make it something "hard" to like. Real talk, is it inviting for new viewers?

It is very early 90s, so do bear that in mind. Also, it's filmed with Lynch's hyper-realism in full force, so it's a lot more 'kooky' than say, The X-Files which did everything with a straight face for the most part.

The show also takes a long time to get fully towards the supernatural undercurrent. The show is more about the people the overarching story affects rather than the plot.

There is also a notorious 'dip' for 4-5 episodes after the murder gets solved and behind-the-scenes tensions meant that Lynch just wasn't around for about a third of Season 2 and it shows. He returns for the end though and things ramp up to the best the series has gotten so far.

The first season consists of an hour-and-a-half pilot and seven 45-minute episodes. If you're not feeling it by the end of episode 3 or 4, or even the end-of-Season cliffhanger if you try a bit further, then sure, it's probably not for you.

Fuck it, Jinder should win the title in a Punjabi prison match

We do need more gimmicky bullshit within our PPV surplus, yes I concur.

Thus he'll truly complete the JBL progress from jobber to main event over the spring/summer winning the title in their own gimmick match.

We do need more gimmicky bullshit within our PPV surplus, yes I concur.

Thus he'll truly complete the JBL progress from jobber to main event over the spring/summer winning the title in their own gimmick match.
I don't give a fuck about this quality wrestling for 3 hours, I need gimmicks.

I've never watched Twin Peaks, but I'm somewhat interested in doing so. Having that in mind, I have the impression that starting this late might make it something "hard" to like. Real talk, is it inviting for new viewers?

Have you watched anything from David Lynch before that isn't Dune?

it's weird and trippy but also a lot of fun. I didn't watch it until a few years ago so I think it can definitely hold up. You just have to suspend your brain a bit because it's a very dated looking show, but also part of what they were going for even at the time.

Menome

I envy the USA for at least having a choice. KFC has the brand-name takeaway chicken monopoly over here in the U.K. and my local one manages to keep undercooking the damn stuff, so I've just stopped buying any.

Beefy

I envy the USA for at least having a choice. KFC has the brand-name takeaway chicken monopoly over here in the U.K. and my local one manages to keep undercooking the damn stuff, so I've just stopped buying any.

My KFC near me is good!

I had to check his wikipedia page haha I'm familiar with Eraserhead only.

As for the rest of the post, seems to align with what Brian_FETO and Menome said.

I'll try to power through the early 90s visuals.

Just try to not look for anything deep or higher meaning and enjoy the story. It can be a good ride of fun, weird and trippy

living in Brooklyn/NYC, I've got so many amazing fried chicken choices at my fingers. It's awesome.

Can you recommend anything over by chelsea market? I feel like im in a wasteland for that kind of stuff over here. Everything is super cool hip type stuff

Not super familiar with much around Chelsea, sorry man. Don't think I've even been over there this year.

I think I found one korean fried chicken joint, but I'm yet to check it out. I just want to walk into a bodge looking place and order some chicken & fries, get it in a paper bag and eat it with a soda. I don't need any fru fru approach to fried chicken.

Top Bottom