• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Zach

For all of you asking for my David Lynch IMDB ratings (out of 10), here you go:

Eraserhead - 8
The Elephant Man - 7
Dune - 5
Blue Velvet - 8
Wild at Heart - Haven't watched. D:
Twin Peaks - 9
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me - 6 (I've been meaning to give it another shot.)
Lost Highway - 8
The Straight Story - 8
Mulholland Drive - 9
Inland Empire - 7

Beefy

Eraserhead - 8
The Elephant Man - 7
Dune - 5
Blue Velvet - 8
Twin Peaks - 9
Lost Highway - 8
The Straight Story - 8
Mulholland Drive - 9
Inland Empire - 7

All American trash

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Which is worse? The 10 chant on every ref outside the ring count or the sweet chant after ever 2 count?

I say the 10 chant because I actually cant follow what the count is even at.

You mad, B. Monsoon. Mad!

Okay, maybe Mulholland Drive's better than a 5, but that one just didn't jive with me for whatever reason - now Dune, sure it's flawed as fuck and totally abuses the books, but it's also kinda nuts and I don't think anyone but Lynch could have directed it.

Caderfix

Eraserhead fucked with my head after I saw that one.

Yeah, super weird. I've watched a Japanese horror movie, the killer has some horizontal and vertical scars on his face and blond hair (I don't remember the name of it), that movie, for some reason, is even weirder Eraserhead to me, even though I know it's not really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_ol1jaqbzaY1rm7wbjo1_500.png

Zach

All American trash

[checks David Lynch's wiki]

[David Lynch] has been described by The Guardian as "the most important director of this era."[1] AllMovie called him "the Renaissance man of modern American filmmaking",[2] while the success of his films has led to him being labelled "the first popular Surrealist."[3]

[...]

Lynch has received three Academy Award nominations[4] for Best Director and a nomination for best screenplay. He has won France's César Award for Best Foreign Film twice, as well as the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival[5] and a Golden Lion award for lifetime achievement at the Venice Film Festival. The French government awarded him the Legion of Honor, the country's top civilian honor, as a Chevalier in 2002 and then an Officier in 2007.[6] Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are widely considered by critics to be among the greatest films of their respective decades.[7][8]

Beefy or so-called "experts"... Beefy or so-called "experts"... hmmm...

I better go with Beefy.

Yeah, super weird. I've watched a Japanese horror movie, the killer has some horizontal and vertical scars on his face and blond hair (I don't remember the name of it), that movie, for some reason, is even weirder Eraserhead to me, even though I know it's not really.

Ichi the Killer. The scene where he slices his own tongue off is so gross.

But, that's Takashi Miike films in general: gross, bizarre and generally weird as fuck. I'd recommend Gozu if you haven't seen it, super, super weird film.

Zach

Okay, maybe Mulholland Drive's better than a 5, but that one just didn't jive with me for whatever reason - now Dune, sure it's flawed as fuck and totally abuses the books, but it's also kinda nuts and I don't think anyone but Lynch could have directed it.

That's why it's a 5 and not a 1. It's interesting sometimes. And really bad at other times. Basically the Data West of movies.

Fox318

Wrestling chants that are cool:

"asshole"
"Rocky"/"Rocky Sucks"
" ____ is Gonna Kill You"
"Yes"
"Woooo"

Everything else sucks.

Caderfix

[checks David Lynch's wiki]

Beefy or so-called "experts"... Beefy or so-called "experts"... hmmm...

I better go with Beefy.

I mean, he is the current GWF champ.

Ichi the Killer. The scene where he slices his own tongue off is so gross.

But, that's Takashi Miike films in general: gross, bizarre and generally weird as fuck. I'd recommend Gozu if you haven't seen it, super, super weird film.

That's the one. I'll watch it again now that I know the name and will check Gozu for sure.

Eraserhead - 8
The Elephant Man - 7
Dune - 5
Blue Velvet - 8
Twin Peaks - 9
Lost Highway - 8
The Straight Story - 8
Mulholland Drive - 9
Inland Empire - 7
Of course Zach "B+" Zach gives Mulholland Drive only a 9.

Zach

Well, I've never been to Florida. But I've been to Oklahoma. Oh, they tell me I was born there. But I really don't remember.

Top Bottom