• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

so are merch sales the only thing keeping the bullet club still going?

NJPW has a lot of factions. It's just kind of the thing right now. It does still sell merch, but they haven't ended it because they like having guys aligned in groups (CHAOS, LIJ, BC, Suzuki-gun, etc.) so they can do their random tag matches.

zac efron looks like he inhales the juice on a regular basis

suppose that's expected when he's in a movie with the rock

NJPW has a lot of factions. It's just kind of the thing right now. It does still sell merch, but they haven't ended it because they like having guys aligned in groups (CHAOS, LIJ, BC, Suzuki-gun, etc.) so they can do their random tag matches.
So they'll just keep the group around forever?

Cody to take over when Kenny inevitably leaves.

Alexa mentioned in an interview that Vince told her to tone down her facial expressions a bit. Like holy shit does that sound like Vince.

"You know that thing that's helping you get over? We want you to do less of that."

0xT9Ukq

ElRenoRaven

Well Shine 42 was typical Shine. A few good matches with some mediocre matches. Leva Bates vs Lufisto for the title was an amazingly good match. Thanks to Leva I've now found Dr Awkward. So much music to listen to.

Anth0ny

The UK show is airing at 1am UK time? lol

yeah I'm not understanding the logic

Isn't the point of the UK show to get more subscribers in the UK? So shouldn't it air at a time appropriate for that audience? why would the average fan in the US (i.e not nerds like us actively following all of this shit) even care about this show.

ElRenoRaven

Isn't the point of the UK show to get more subscribers in the UK? So shouldn't it air at a time appropriate for that audience? why would the average fan in the US (i.e not nerds like us actively following all of this shit) even care about this show.

This is the WWE. Why ask why with them?

The UK show is airing at 1am UK time? lol

No. The point of the U.K. show is so they can put on matches locally using local talent. It's got little to do with the Network. And plus, the Network is an on-demand platform, so it really doesn't matter when it airs on the live feed. The Network subs are majority in the US, so that's where Network schedules will be catered to.

It'd be like me complaining that Netflix shows go up in the middle of the night.

Vince McMahon doing something stupid? What? Huh? I am so shocked! The guy who gave post-ecw Austin a mouthpiece did something dumb? Huh? Whu? Where? I am not in a state in which belief is possible!

Pence needs to be looked into....
You know, it wouldn't surprise me.
Alexa mentioned in an interview that Vince told her to tone down her facial expressions a bit. Like holy shit does that sound like Vince.

"You know that thing that's helping you get over? We want you to do less of that."
Vince at this point aside from maybe his buddy in the White House (ugh) has to be the most successful man in the United States inspite of himself.

Raw64life

Just what NJPW needed, another belt.

Pretty good. Nothing really special, but definitely better than the main event IMO.

The post-match stuff was awesome though.

About what I expected. I was listening to Busted Open earlier today at work, which is co-hosted by Bully Ray, and he was talking up Cole/Tana as a MOTY dream match and my eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out of my head.

About what I expected. I was listening to Busted Open earlier today at work, which is co-hosted by Bully Ray, and he was talking up Cole/Tana as a MOTY dream match and my eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out of my head.

As much as I love Adam Cole, he's not having MOTY candidates with anyone. That's just not who he is. He's a character guy and he's great at it. He's not bad in the ring or even average, he's really good. He's just not at the very top level with guys like Omega, Ospreay, and the like.

The closest he's come to MOTY in my opinion was his match with Kyle in December, but a big part of that was his great character and story work leading into it.

Caderfix

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Give me about 2 more hours of stretching, can't risk anything.

YOU STILL GOT IT! ;-;

Check out Maliblis on band camp. I have pretty high hopes for this band from what they have put out so far. If you like black/death metal in the vein of Grave Miasma, Teitanblood etc.

On the other hand doom metal 4 lyfe

Will do. "Blackened" death metal is usually awesome. As long as it is more atmospheric than "brutal" I'll probably like it.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

They really fucked up with wwecw. They should've just let dreamer, Shane, and Paul Heyman run it. Vince should've just stepped away until he saw it sucking.

They really fucked up with wwecw. They should've just let dreamer, Shane, and Paul Heyman run it. Vince should've just stepped away until he saw it sucking.

Heyman and Dreamer? Yeah. Shane? No way. Shane's creative ideas were laughed at by most guys backstage. There's a reason for that. And even from a business perspective, Shane is a complete unknown.

Heyman and Dreamer? Yeah. Shane? No way. Shane's creative ideas were laughed at by most guys backstage. There's a reason for that. And even from a business perspective, Shane is a complete unknown.
Shane had a better idea of ECW and it's what you all cream over today, nxt. So to shit on him is dumb when you all constantly praise that dick Hunter. When you have someone who worked in the back endorse shane for this project, I'll take that over bitch boy dave's opinion and hearsay any day.

Shane is fine. He's a good TV character and had a better match with AJ than I could have ever expected.

But it's strange to me how much of a pedestal he's put on.

Shane had a better idea of ECW and it's what you all cream over today, nxt. So to shit on him is dumb when you all constantly praise that dick Hunter. When you have someone who worked in the back endorse shane for this project, I'll take that over bitch boy dave's opinion and hearsay any day.

Not really. Shane only had the idea to put ECW as an online-only show. He had nothing creative or talent -wise. And in an age before streaming and when the infrastructure for such a thing was fledgling, it probably would not have been a good idea to make an internet-exclusive brand. It probably would have bombed.

NXT works because the booking is great and the talent is there, not just how it's presented.

These motherfuckers booked a Punjabi prison match and didn't even know what to do with it. Taker and Show looked at it and said wtf. So they didn't book the match until the night of!

Shane is fine. He's a good TV character and had a better match with AJ than I could have ever expected.

But it's strange to me how much of a pedestal he's put on.

Not really. Shane only had the idea to put ECW as an online-only show. He had nothing creative or talent -wise. And in an age before streaming and when the infrastructure for such a thing was fledgling, it probably would not have been a good idea to make an internet-exclusive brand. It probably would have bombed.

NXT works because the booking is great and the talent is there, not just how it's presented.
The talent was going to be ecw guys and they were opening a developmental territory in the old ecw arena. It was just ecw being moved over. 2 months before hand it was an internet thing then they put it on tv. It was all done.

Even if you assume Shane had this grand plan for ECW to make it something great, the idea to go online-only was a terrible one. Hell, even in 2013 NXT was barely a blip on the radar as an online-only show. The only reason NXT is what it is now is because of the Network. It was great when it was only on Hulu pre-Network, but it had nowhere near the level of popularity it did post-Arrival.

The talent was going to be ecw guys and they were opening a developmental territory in the old ecw arena. It was just ecw being moved over. 2 months before hand it was an internet thing then they put it on tv. It was all done.

That just doesn't sound like something that would have worked. It doesn't sound anything at all like what NXT is or why NXT is good.

Caderfix

Even if you assume Shane had this grand plan for ECW to make it something great, the idea to go online-only was a terrible one. Hell, even in 2013 NXT was barely a blip on the radar as an online-only show. The only reason NXT is what it is now is because of the Network. It was great when it was only on Hulu pre-Network, but it had nowhere near the level of popularity it did post-Arrival.

But wouldn't it be a free online show? It was around the time youtube showed up too, so there's a big chance thatvit would've gathered a lot of attention as time went by. WWE would've expanded it's market way sooner.

Ok. I'm calm now.

I knew what you were talking about haha

But wouldn't it be a free online show? It was around the time youtube showed up too, so there's a big chance thatvit would've gathered a lot of attention as time went by. WWE would've expanded it's market way sooner.

NXT on Hulu was free and was barely talked about. Definitely not enough to sustain a brand like they wanted to do with ECW.

And don't conflate YouTube's rise with something WWE could have co-opted. This is WWE, so they would have been as constrained and exclusive as possible.

Top Bottom