• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Anth0ny

Triple H will cut a promo of how the Demon King is not the King of Kings.

Balor gets a shirt calling himself the true king.

They have a underwhelming Wrestlemania match with no heat that will kill some crowd reactions for Balor.

Triple H hibernates until it's time for the Nakamura feud.

Triple H will cut a promo of how the King of Strong Style is not the King of Kings.

Nakamura gets a shirt calling himself the true king.

They have a underwhelming Wrestlemania match with no heat that will kill some crowd reactions for Nakamura.

Triple H hibernates until it's time for the Omega feud.

Triple H will cut a promo of how the King of Strong Style is not the King of Kings.

Nakamura gets a shirt calling himself the true king.

They have a underwhelming Wrestlemania match with no heat that will kill some crowd reactions for Nakamura.

Triple H hibernates until it's time for the Omega feud.
*shakes hand*

Zach

I'd probably do something stupid, like, have three weight classes of championships (under 200, 200-299, 300 and up) and treat them as equals. And one of my (two to four) big PPV-ish shows of the year would be some big open-weight cup tournament thing.

Tag and lady divisions would probably be straight forward. I dunno.

imBask

Banned
I firmly believe that anyone here would run any wrestling promotion to the ground within 3 months if they were in charge

myself included

Triple H will cut a promo of how the King of Kisses is not the King of Kings.

Titus gets a shirt calling himself the True King of Dads.

They have a 7* Wrestlemania match with 2much heat that will kill people in the arena.

Triple H retires after a Titus Clash (formerly the Styles Clash) on the concrete.

I firmly believe that anyone here would run any wrestling promotion to the ground within 3 months if they were in charge

myself included

This made me chuckle but I agree. I thought about answering that WCW question, but my best answer was "sell the trademark and library back to WWE and get out of the business profitable."

I think some of us might be decent at working creative/booking, but to run an entire promotion would be way over any of our heads.

Anth0ny

I am not a HHH fan but I think he would probably work well with Nak.

I think HHH's main problem right now is for the last two years he was booked against the two most vanilla, scripted babyfaces on the roster right now, resulting in the matches having zero heat.

I fully believe his opponents, going forward, will be booked the same way.

For those uninitiated to Io Shirai (and Hojo, who is the one getting thrown around here):

W7rgqv7.gif

Rick Rude vs. Ricky Steamboat

- Lots of Ricks out here. Oh god, Steamboat brought his kid? Why, so he could show him what a real dad is supposed to look like?

Jesse Ventura is extra-annoying on commentary, and not in a good heel commentator way either. This match is an Iron Man match, so I have 30 minutes of this to go through. Steamboat gets an early advantage with a gutbuster and slows things to a crawl with lots of submissions targeting the midsection. Rude tries to turn things around, but gets put into a Walls of Jericho Boston Crab for his troubles. As an aside, it's very confusing to see guys slamming the mat, but it's not considered to be counting out.

Rude gets thrown into the corner, and counters Dragon with a knee to the face, and rolls up the tights for a quick pinfall. The audacity! Rick uses this time after the pin to go on the offensive, including a Rude Awakening for a second pin. The entire time, Rude is selling those ribs like he took a bullet to the gut. Rick Rude goes to the top rope to intentionally DQ himself (fucking dumb dumb dumb) in order to land a knee on Dragon to get another pinfall. Rude picks Dragon up for more punishment, but Dragon comes back quick with a flurry to stop Rude. Rude then puts Dragon in a camel clutch, and Dragon makes it to the ropes. He stomps on him afterwards, then tries to taunt but his ribs are so hurt that he can't. :(

Wow, a swinging neckbreaker. You don't really see those anymore. The only reason why I'm bringing that up is because they're in a headlock spot at the moment and I'm just typing my stream of consciousness. Yo damn, Rude hits a picture-perfect piledriver, but it's not enough for a 3. This time Rude goes for a Tombstone, but Ricky does a crazy reversal and hits his OWN Tombstone for a pinfall. They go back and forth a little since they're so winded, but Steamboat counters a possible top...I mean, 2nd rope move into a Superplex (which is somehow legal????). Amazingly, that's not enough for a 3. They both get up and smack each other with a double clothesline with 10 minutes on the clock. Rude goes for a pin, but Ricky reverses it into his own for the pinfall to tie things up!

Rude goes on the offensive but Ricky knocks him down and they both rest for a bit. Things are slowed down for a bit around the 7:50 mark, and you can see a grandma getting into the match in the background lmao. JR gives us some real A+ commentary: "these men have wrestled for nearly 24 minutes...which is just under 27 minutes." Rude goes for the Rude Awakening, but Ricky reverses it into a neckbreaker Rude Awakening! Still not enough for a pinfall, though. At this point it's just near-fall after near-fall, both guys going for whatever they can think of. Rude manages to clinch on a seeper around the 4 minute mark, and people are freaking out.

WHAT THE FUCK, STEAMBOAT TURNS IT INTO A PIN. Rude goes crazy and tries to land every pin he can think of, but it's too late, and Dragon wins.

Rating:
ouLeAqs.png

Zach-o-meter: A

Rick Rude vs. Ricky Steamboat

- Lots of Ricks out here. Oh god, Steamboat brought his kid? Why, so he could show him what a real dad is supposed to look like?

Jesse Ventura is extra-annoying on commentary, and not in a good heel commentator way either. This match is an Iron Man match, so I have 30 minutes of this to go through. Steamboat gets an early advantage with a gutbuster and slows things to a crawl with lots of submissions targeting the midsection. Rude tries to turn things around, but gets put into a Walls of Jericho Boston Crab for his troubles. As an aside, it's very confusing to see guys slamming the mat, but it's not considered to be counting out.

Rude gets thrown into the corner, and counters Dragon with a knee to the face, and rolls up the tights for a quick pinfall. The audacity! Rick uses this time after the pin to go on the offensive, including a Rude Awakening for a second pin. The entire time, Rude is selling those ribs like he took a bullet to the gut. Rick Rude goes to the top rope to intentionally DQ himself (fucking dumb dumb dumb) in order to land a knee on Dragon to get another pinfall. Rude picks Dragon up for more punishment, but Dragon comes back quick with a flurry to stop Rude. Rude then puts Dragon in a camel clutch, and Dragon makes it to the ropes. He stomps on him afterwards, then tries to taunt but his ribs are so hurt that he can't. :(

Wow, a swinging neckbreaker. You don't really see those anymore. The only reason why I'm bringing that up is because they're in a headlock spot at the moment and I'm just typing my stream of consciousness. Yo damn, Rude hits a picture-perfect piledriver, but it's not enough for a 3. This time Rude goes for a Tombstone, but Ricky does a crazy reversal and hits his OWN Tombstone for a pinfall. They go back and forth a little since they're so winded, but Steamboat counters a possible top...I mean, 2nd rope move into a Superplex (which is somehow legal????). Amazingly, that's not enough for a 3. They both get up and smack each other with a double clothesline with 10 minutes on the clock. Rude goes for a pin, but Ricky reverses it into his own for the pinfall to tie things up!

Rude goes on the offensive but Ricky knocks him down and they both rest for a bit. Things are slowed down for a bit around the 7:50 mark, and you can see a grandma getting into the match in the background lmao. JR gives us some real A+ commentary: "these men have wrestled for nearly 24 minutes...which is just under 27 minutes." Rude goes for the Rude Awakening, but Ricky reverses it into a neckbreaker Rude Awakening! Still not enough for a pinfall, though. At this point it's just near-fall after near-fall, both guys going for whatever they can think of. Rude manages to clinch on a seeper around the 4 minute mark, and people are freaking out.

WHAT THE FUCK, STEAMBOAT TURNS IT INTO A PIN. Rude goes crazy and tries to land every pin he can think of, but it's too late, and Dragon wins.

Rating:
ouLeAqs.png

Zach-o-meter: A

So good.

lLpWSEY.gif

Rude's selling>>>>

Zach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ia5K5a5EFA

This plays whenever Zach comes home from work.
I love that song. But nah. It'll always be "Simply Ravishing", much to jealous Data West's chagrin.

(His theme is obviously the aforeposted "Wonderful". We are a tag team in life. Known as "Simply Derful". He's "Mr. #1 Derful" Data Westdorff. And I'm "Simply Ravishing" Zach. That's how it works, Dato. Get over it. We're not arguing about this in front of our guests.)

Dangerous Alliance vs. Nikita Koloff/Dustin Rhodes/Barry Windham

- Oh god I don't care about most of these guys. Austin and Windham(?) start things off. Windy tags in Rhodes, who looks like a budget Hulk Hogan in this match. Bobby Eaton gets tagged in, who looks like another CAW. Arn finally comes in, and teases coming off the top rope but gets talked won before he can be DQ'd. I swear to god it's the dumbest fucking rule, and JR defends it by saying "people just don't understand." Well, fucking HELP ME UNDERSTAND. Oh jesus fuck, there's a DQ rule for throwing someone over the top too? How fucking dumb. It's made even worse because JR and Jesse aren't even explaining why the rule was made, but hell they'll explain everything else in every other match.

If you've noticed, I haven't written much about the match because the match itself is boring as hell. Oh god now there's a sleeper hold. That's it, I'm cutting this short. Next match, please.

Rating:
LQCMtyE.png

Zactionary: F

Top Bottom