• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Scotty Flamingo vs Flyin' Brian

- I wanna give this an F just off of those names alone. Starts off a bit slow with Brian working the arm, which brings up something that's nice to see; someone working a limb and the opponent actually selling it. Pillman then drops Scotty on...fucking concrete? Wow, they didn't have pads back then.

Wait, top-rope moves are banned!? What kind of carny shit is that? Anyways, Scotty gets the advantage and slows the match down with a chinlock. Lots of cheating from Scotty, which again is nice to see. Eventually they both smack each other and then the commentators say there's 30 minutes total in the match with 15 minutes left...even though I'm fairly certain they said it was a 20 minute match earlier.

The match ends with Brian flying (I get it!) over the top rope to dive on Scotty, but Scotty ducks and gets the pin as well as the belt.

Rating:
kiLJdpf.png

Rating translated to Zachian: C+

Scotty Flamingo would become another wrestling bird as Raven a few years later.

Slizz

Starting 4th match of WOTW. Man its incredible the gulf in quality compared the the shit WWE is churning out. A hilariously fucking disgusting spit spot and that 3-way tag.

How long do I have to stomach shitty eat your vitamins Hogan before the heel turn?

Pastamania brother.

these fucking names, smh

Taylor Made Man vs. Ron Simmons

- Jesse brings up a damn good question at the start of the match: what the hell does having a key to the city give you?

Oh right, the match. Lots of good stuff from Ron in this match, tossing this CAW around like a ragdoll and chucking him into and out of the ring. While Ron slows things down with a bearhug, Jesse compares football and wrestling and mentions how big of a jerk your average football player is compared to wrestlers. Eventually the NPC takes control of the match and manages to keep Ron in control, but Ron eventually comes back with a spinebuster "sidewalk slam" (thanks JR). Ron just proceeds to beat the hell out of Sami and ends it with one of the best-looking powerslams I've seen in quite a while.

Rating:
D2itUU7.png

Old Man Zach rating: B-

these fucking names, smh

Taylor Made Man vs. Ron Simmons

- Jesse brings up a damn good question at the start of the match: what the hell does having a key to the city give you?

Oh right, the match. Lots of good stuff from Ron in this match, tossing this CAW around like a ragdoll and chucking him into and out of the ring. While Ron slows things down with a bearhug, Jesse compares football and wrestling and mentions how big of a jerk your average football player is compared to wrestlers. Eventually the NPC takes control of the match and manages to keep Ron in control, but Ron eventually comes back with a spinebuster "sidewalk slam" (thanks JR). Ron just proceeds to beat the hell out of Sami and ends it with one of the best-looking powerslams I've seen in quite a while.

Rating:
D2itUU7.png

Old Man Zach rating: B-

Perfect form

Marcus Bagwell vs. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

- Oh wow, a pre-buff Buff Bagwell. Dude looks like the Red Ranger from the first season of MMPR (Austin St. John). Meanwhile Greg looks like Ric Flair in 2017, but with better hair.

Buff starts things by chucking Greg around, and Greg tries to turn things around but Buff is all over him like debt on Ric Flair. Greg eventually takes control after he slugs Buff in the chest, and Jesse hammers (ha!) in the fact that this is a rookie vs veteran match. Greg goes for the figure four a couple times, and Buff counters each time. Greg goes "fuck this" and goes back to working the leg.

Eventually Greg locks on the figure four after Buff tries to start a comeback, and Buff has no choice but to tap.

Rating:
61mDzAz.png

Zach-stalgia glasses rating: C-

Zach

I could be wrong, but I doubt Bagwell tapped, ProFAKEr NEWS.

(I really look forward to your thoughts on the later matches, though. :D)

Top Bottom