• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

He can do both
>Thinking Naito is safe from Cody just cause he has two other belts
8c3.jpg

Shoot: The Bullet club is better than Dx and the
nwo

Just curious, did you watch them in their era? or are you basing your opinion on watching them after they were already done? I think the argument is closer than some might think, but DX and nWo get a lot more credit in my book because of how innovative they were.

Just curious, did you watch them in their era? or are you basing your opinion on watching them after they were already done? I think the argument is closer than some might think, but DX and nWo get a lot more credit in my book because of how innovative they were.

To be fair, the idea of the NWO that Bischoff had came from Japan and he brought that idea to the US. The problem came is that the NWO became a curse than a blessing when they had more people than they really need.

Heroman

Banned
Innovative? Eh they just brought the idea of a heel stable against the promotion to the US , however it was a fantastic Angle that should have ended at Starcade 97

But dx sucks no so much.

Cactus Jack vs. Sting

- "Pinfalls allowed anywhere on the Gulf Coast..." So does that mean if they go beyond that, they stop counting?

Already this match has a big fight feel. It's like the previous matches didn't mean a thing...wait, fuck

Sting and Dude Love don't even get in the ring, they just start on the ramp. Foley sends Sting to the concrete outside the ring, and does a fucking sunset flip from the apron to the floor. Bear in mind there's no fucking mats on the outside for whatever reason.

There's too much going on to go over the match so far with a finetooth comb, but they're going back and forth with each other outside the ring with suplexes, using the guardrails, etc. Sting eventually sends Mankind back inside the ring, where Commissioner Foley hits a clothesline to stop the momentum. Sting works himself up for a comeback, but Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy puts an end to it and clotheslines both of them to the outside.

Noelle's Dad does the signature "chair to the gut, then the back" spot, and Sting finally gets a breather when he suplexes Mick onto the floor. Again, there's just too much going on to really do a play-by-play, but that's a good thing! The match feels like both guys really wanna massacre each other. The match ends with Sting hitting a clothesline (boy they sure love those), then another clothesline from the top rope into a pin. Feels weird seeing matches end with such mundane moves, but it's a sign of the times I guess.

Rating:
iZBTwzM.png

Zach to the Future rating: B+

When did Rey start dropping into and rebounding off the middle rope to gain momentum instead of hitting them properly? I liked when he did that because it looked a lot better for someone his size. I don't remember seeing him do it in WCW.

Sanjuro

My head is spinning from all this WCW talk.

WCW was pretty garbage growing up. Even WWF Superstars would best it.

On the weekend though, WCW did their thing. in the end Shotgun Saturday Night was basically that thing you either stayed up by accident or woke up too late and watched some bullshit.

who is next on triple h's list of people he feels obligated to put over only they don't really get much over as a result to join roman and seth?

it's gonna be the demon king

Syder

who is next on triple h's list of people he feels obligated to put over only they don't really get much over as a result to join roman and seth?

If the house show theatrics were anything to go by, I'd say yes. If it wasn't already the plan, I imagine the crowd reactions would've cemented it as a good idea in Trips' mind.

Sanjuro

TOP FIVE POWER RANKINGS

WWF RAW
WCW Nitro
WWF Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Thunder
WCW Saturday Night

Honorable Mention: Halftime Heat

Zach

The War Games collection on the Network is fantastic. Watch this Beef
It's probably just me being me, but I think if you're going to watch the good War Gamez matches, you should just commit to the full events. It's always more fun with some context and immersion.

But again, probably just me being a weirdo.

Fox318

Hypothetical

Let's say through some odd mistake that you needed up with all of the WCW trademark and tape library. You can start up WCW again and you have a modest amount of money.

How do you get the ball rolling and make it successful?

Zach

Hypothetical

Let's say through some odd mistake that you needed up with all of the WCW trademark and tape library. You can start up WCW again and you have a modest amount of money.

Let it go, Fox318!

Actually, I want to hear someone else's thoughts. I'm too lazy to come up with something myself. >_>

Sanjuro

Hypothetical

Avoid the internet.

Only introduce the TV Title.

Work regionals until niche is found.

Slowly introduce the primary belts.

Blow the rest of the money on Mojo Rowley.

imBask

Banned
Hypothetical

invest in a time machine because wrestling has been ruined years ago

Hypothetical

Matt Riddle
Russo
Young Bucks

Caderfix

I have the feeling he migjt be done trying to put "new" talent over in ring. I think we'll inly see HHH for fights against part timers and, except for gis retirement match, that'll probably go to Seth too.

Trips will never realise this.

1. Bálor will do the gun fingers at Triple H on RAW
  2. The crowd will pop
  3. ???
  4. Profit
Triple H will cut a promo of how the Demon King is not the King of Kings.

Balor gets a shirt calling himself the true king.

They have a underwhelming Wrestlemania match with no heat that will kill some crowd reactions for Balor.

Triple H hibernates until it's time for the Nakamura feud.

Hypothetical

Put a focus on Cruiserweights and treat them well. Don't sign up anyone with a guaranteed contract or make sure that in that contract they don't have a say in booking decisions. Make sure to have a good TV deal. Also, be on good terms with Japanese, Mexican, and British wrestling promotions so that they can send talent and send talent over there too. Never sign Russo or anybody in creative involved with the new WCW.

Top Bottom