• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

DMczaf

After seeing Triple H troll the "Photo of Triple H pointing at someone" meme, I honestly feel like Triple H is going to re-create this GIF on TV or Twitter at some point

2YFfur1.gif

Hex

Banned
Dangerous Alliance vs. Nikita Koloff/Dustin Rhodes/Barry Windham

- Oh god I don't care about most of these guys. Austin and Windham(?) start things off. Windy tags in Rhodes, who looks like a budget Hulk Hogan in this match. Bobby Eaton gets tagged in, who looks like another CAW. Arn finally comes in, and teases coming off the top rope but gets talked won before he can be DQ'd. I swear to god it's the dumbest fucking rule, and JR defends it by saying "people just don't understand." Well, fucking HELP ME UNDERSTAND. Oh jesus fuck, there's a DQ rule for throwing someone over the top too? How fucking dumb. It's made even worse because JR and Jesse aren't even explaining why the rule was made, but hell they'll explain everything else in every other match.

If you've noticed, I haven't written much about the match because the match itself is boring as hell. Oh god now there's a sleeper hold. That's it, I'm cutting this short. Next match, please.

Rating:
LQCMtyE.png

Zactionary: F

I was a huge Nikita Koloff mark back in the day, especially when he made his face turn after the Magnum TA situation.

DMczaf

After listening to Lapsed Fan New Blood Rising, Brock's gimmick should be he "doesn't follow the script" and shoots on everyone in the ring, which explains why he doesn't lose the belt for over a year.

...and then have Roman beat him at WM so he can be the greatest pure combat sports athlete in the history of combat sports

DMczaf

Harley_Race.jpg

I didn't think there was anything on Earth that was going to push me to do what I'm going to do right now.

BUT Professor Beef you have pushed me as far as you're going to push.

RIGHT HERE is $250! And it goes to any human being who can eliminate Beef from WrassleGAF! Take a look at it!

Dr. Death/Terry Gordy vs. Rick & Scott Steiner

- Terry Gordy looks like he's actually melting.

Scott and Terry start things off with Jesse implying that Rick Steiner is too slow and stupid to start the match lol. It's pretty even until Melty slaps Scott, then all hell breaks loose. The ref actually manages to keep everyone from destroying each other, and Dr. Death gts tagged in. It's even again between Doc and Scott, with a nearfall thrown in, and Rick finally gets tagged in with the crowd barking as he does.

Some more grappling in the neutral until Rick gets a nice suplex on Doc. Melty and Doc step outside to catch their breaths, then Doc comes back in and eats a clothesline from Rick. Melty gets tagged in and it's back to neutral. One thing I like how this match is put together is that all 4 guys are so well-versed, or have a history with each other, so things don't look so lopsided during the match. It makes the moments where someone gets a suplex or any other move that much more meaningful.

There's not a lot I can really add to this since there's a lot of back and forth between both teams. I'm a fan of this tag match compared to the last one because of how important this match has been made out to be. As I'm typing this, Terry has Scott in some form of leg lock and JR lets us know that Dr. Death got his name in Junior High. What the FUCK lol.

Doc is tagged in, but both Gordy and Doc are taking turns working Scott's knee. Doc breaks out an "ASK HIM" as he has Scott in a half Walls of Jericho, and eventually sends Gordy back in. They take turns for a long time until Scott finally reaches far enough for a tag to Rick. He cleans house for a bit until Doc and Gordy distract the ref and hit a 2nd rope slam for a 2 count. None of their moves are good enough to get the pin despite numerous attempts, and Rick finally tries to start making a comeback but is stopped each time.

Speaking of time, the time limit is getting ever so close to the end, with 3 minutes left, and Doc is getting noticeably angrier as time dwindles down. Rick manages to squirm out of Doc's finisher and Gordy's attempt at a clothesline to *finally* get a pin to Scott. He cleans house and manages to stall just long enough to get a time over, which results in the Steiners keeping their titles.

Rating:
uNBPnbj.png

Zach in the Box: B

EDIT: Overall PPV grade: B-

Zach

Harley_Race.jpg

I didn't think there was anything on Earth that was going to push me to do what I'm going to do right now.

BUT Professor Beef you have pushed me as far as you're going to push.

RIGHT HERE is $250! And it goes to any human being who can eliminate Beef from WrassleGAF! Take a look at it!
This made me chuckle.

Hit us with an overall grade, Professor B.

Edit: there it is. Not too bad for a cuppa WCW hater.

This made me chuckle.

Hit us with an overall grade, Professor B.

Edit: there it is. Not too bad for a cuppa WCW hater.

That 6 man tag dragged the final grade waaaaaaay down. The B- was only because I felt that a C+ would've been too low, especially with that iron man match.

Zach

I didn't mind the six-man tag. It's hard to with four or five of the greatest workers of all tiiiime involved.

And I just like southern wrasslin'.

Zach

Oh my god, Pee Wee just sold a beach ball being batted around in the crowd on this random Nitro I'm watching. This man. What a legend.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fall Brawl was pretty good, no real stinker matches, lots of drama, and the weird double ring cage match at the end was great carny bullshit.

Ahhh fuck yesssss! Dalton Castle and the Boys are booked for my local indy fed's big summer show that I have front row tickets to...

Fucking love Dalton Castle

Top Bottom