• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

9da0f9a6972d00b97c4be07ee44116404f5234e8_hq.jpg

Now that's just mean.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Damn, a lot of people dislike Ospreay. I wasn't expecting that.

He's one of the poster children for acrobatics and nonstop spots over slower paced wrestling. It shoudln't surprise you that people that dont like video gamey looking wrestling designed only to pop the crowds dont like him.
I like Ospreay well enough.

I am not sure why anyone would compare him to Corbin though.

Also Corbin is shit and hasn't ever really had a good match.

Luckily there's a hell of a lot more to wrestling than just having a 'good mathc'(and what is a good match to some people isnt a good match to other people)

Anth0ny

corbin is literally shit at everything related to wrestling... outside of talking smack, where he's an ok talker

still have zero desire to see him on my tv

Luckily there's a hell of a lot more to wrestling than just having a 'good mathc'(and what is a good match to some people isnt a good match to other people)

Sure.

So if we choose to ignore match quality when it comes to professional wrestling (whether slower paced matches or flippy shit with no story), what exactly has Corbin done that is of great quality?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sure.

So if we choose to ignore match quality when it comes to professional wrestling (whether slower paced matches or flippy shit with no story), what exactly has Corbin done that is of great quality?

He's good at getting heat, he carries himself with much more confidence than most people who have wrestled as long as himself, he's good at dealing with fans on a whim, he sticks to kayfabe on twitter

his boxing selling in the corner is great

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Corbin has the worst hair in all of pro wrestling. The fact that he doesn't seem to realize this is extra embarrassing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sure.

He has a consistent character that he plays well.

Corbin is like ten times better than I would have imagined on the main roster.

He's good at getting heat, he carries himself with much more confidence than most people who have wrestled as long as himself, he's good at dealing with fans on a whim, he sticks to kayfabe on twitter

I'll give him props to sticking to kayfabe on twitter. I'm not sure when I have ever seen him get actual heat and he comes across as a charisma vacuum, to me.

Heroman

Banned

Heat? Corbin got no heat with anyone.

He has a consistent character that he plays well.

Corbin is like ten times better than I would have imagined on the main roster.

Also he got called up solo, without being put into any groups or anything. I'm actually pretty impressed with his character work. Imagine if Seth, Dean, or Roman got called up straight into their current solo runs.

His in-ring stuff isn't mindblowing or anything, but considering the level of ring work all around WWE, it's not bad at all.

One thing I can say about Corbin is that he has confidence. And he acts like it. It's a good look. He doesn't look like a guy scared to mess up or look dumb. He carries himself very well.

Heroman

Banned
Baron Corbin isn't a great promo, he isn't a great wreslter, he doesn't have a amazing body, he doesn't have anything besides that he tall. At least the big dawg can give you great matches and good segments.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
corbin got so much heat beating up dean ambrose, leading to his heat filled match on the wrestlemania pre show

I don't like Corbin, but I will admit that the street fight match he had on the Smackdown after Mania with Ambrose was a pretty good match.

Heroman gonna watch so much WWE when they poach Ospreay and Will can't even get 3 star matches out of 4 Star Roman (despite selling each spear like one of his video games broke)

I bet Reigns will be blamed for that, for some mysterious reason

jurgen

corbin got so much heat beating up dean ambrose, leading to his heat filled match on the wrestlemania pre show

To be fair, Ambrose is an excitement vacuum second to only Bray Wyatt.

Corbin needs something to be compelling though. I can't bother myself to watch that stepson of 2000-era Biker Undertaker.

...and yet, none of the people he taught in NXT can cut a decent promo at all. Weird.

I think Owens can. Hard pressed to think of anyone else though.

Heroman gonna watch so much WWE when they poach Ospreay and Will can't even get 3 star matches out of 4 Star Roman (despite selling each spear like one of his video games broke)

Ospreay will be lucky to escape the purple ropes if he signs with WWE. Can already see Ospreay and TJP tagging as the Game Boys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mark Andrews is like a way better Will Ospreay cause he doesnt flip every other second to breathe and has way better babyface heat

Anth0ny

Guess you think Neville sucks too then. And Miz since both of them got preshow matches

neville is ok. being stuck in the cruiserweights isn't helping the dude. as soon as those purple ropes go up i tune out. being on the pre show actually allowed him to have a longer match, which was cool.

and didnt miz fight cena

ambrose/corbin was the pre show match where i got up to take a shit because i could not care less about either of them having a fake entertainment match

Top Bottom