• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The women's division has a lot going for it in NXT other than Asuka being invincible has probably gone too far and will make her awkward as hell on the main roster.

The men's singles division is as good as its been in a long time. Lots of guys who have put on good and/or great matches aren't even being booked for TakeOver now because they just have too many guys and don't want to go to 3 hour PPVs (they kind of have to soon).

The tag division is pretty much dead without DIY. I mean, the only challengers that even exist for TakeOver Brooklyn III are Heavy Machinery who don't seem even vaguely ready.

Zach

I'd probably put The Wire and Breaking Bad above The Sopranos. But they're all incredible, and I don't particularly care which one is good, better, and/or best.

Watch 'em all!

That means I win my match at GWF4 by default.

Stop weaseling, weasel.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm also guessing they're going to give Roddy a title shot at Brooklyn which he won't win because they probably want (or should want) Black to take the title off Roode.

Angry Grimace

There is only one Roddy in wrasslin', Angry Grimace.

P.S. How you doing? Things okay?

Could be better, I suppose. I got served with divorce papers a couple days ago and it was a shitty week at work. So I kind of had a plan to be drunk all weekend. Then my friend insisted I go to some stupid line dancing bar. I told him my plan involved being totally fucked up by then but he insisted I go.

He picked me up around 8 and I was true to my word: fucked up before that and barely remembered he was coming (I was surprised to see him outside). I remember going and making fun of line dancing by doing a bad impression and getting in everyone's way but then the next thing I remember was waking up in my bed fully clothed. I have my wallet, keys and phone and don't feel any pain so I just assume I passed out and got kicked out and driven home.

I would feel bad but I did warn him I was planning to be fucked up by the time he would get there. No, I never said that was a good way to cope, but I'm entitled to a weekend of being wasted.

Hex

Banned
Hex, you're supposed to be my cornerman.

T9dFrSP.gif

I am not saying that I do not have your back
Just saying that he went right in without even a hug..

Hex

Banned
GoT shit all over the books, so it's dead to me. But then, so are the books. Shoulda finished your series George, now it's tainted.

The Wire's good, but people keep saying it's better than The Sopranos and they are WRONG, so it's also dead to me.

Breaking Bad, never watched it. Got annoyed with the internet going on and on and on about it, plus I know how it finishes.

Luther's good, Idris Elba is good.

I really like American Gods so far, tbh. The book's a longstanding favourite of mine.

I am actually happy the books and show of GOT went their own ways, because I can enjoy them both without comparing them.
The Wire I kind of got forced into since my last name is McNulty it has kind of been a thing to the point of irritation at times.
American Gods is great, definitely worthy.
I already miss the fuck out of Black Sails.

Beefy

GoT shit all over the books, so it's dead to me. But then, so are the books. Shoulda finished your series George, now it's tainted.

The Wire's good, but people keep saying it's better than The Sopranos and they are WRONG, so it's also dead to me.

Breaking Bad, never watched it. Got annoyed with the internet going on and on and on about it, plus I know how it finishes.

Luther's good, Idris Elba is good.

I really like American Gods so far, tbh. The book's a longstanding favourite of mine.

I'm going to give it a watch. I just like that it's a easy wind up for a few. 😛

For $1.99, i invested in Imgplay, on the iphone, and it's going to to take my posting to a new level,since i can make Gifs, now...

IMB_Aux310.gif

My cat is into British Strong Style...

Angry Grimace

I think Jericho just got lucky his new song is good even though generally speaking his band is pretty bad.

Angry Grimace

I'm sure Balor doesn't feel bad about his paycheck and being pushed as fuck despite being obviously 20 pounds lighter than everyone else on the roster.

I'm sure Balor doesn't feel bad about his paycheck and being pushed as fuck despite being obviously 20 pounds lighter than everyone else on the roster.

For sure, happy for the dude but that doesn't change that he's still boring as hell.

It's like people responding to game criticism with "Look how much it's selling!" From a personal standpoint, who cares?

Angry Grimace

For sure, happy for the dude but that doesn't change that he's still boring as hell.

It's like people responding to game criticism with "Look how much it's selling!" From a personal standpoint, who cares?

He hasn't been able to do anything because of that injury so I don't think that's a fair criticism.

I mean, WWE is all about reps: AJ Styles is a top promo despite not actually being good at promos until he turned heel in WWE. He just has a lot of opportunities to do promos now. Same with Neville, actually.

I honestly think being good at WWE style promos is just getting the opportunity to do them vs. them being hard.

Zach

Could be better, I suppose. I got served with divorce papers a couple days ago and it was a shitty week at work. So I kind of had a plan to be drunk all weekend. Then my friend insisted I go to some stupid line dancing bar. I told him my plan involved being totally fucked up by then but he insisted I go.

He picked me up around 8 and I was true to my word: fucked up before that and barely remembered he was coming (I was surprised to see him outside). I remember going and making fun of line dancing by doing a bad impression and getting in everyone's way but then the next thing I remember was waking up in my bed fully clothed. I have my wallet, keys and phone and don't feel any pain so I just assume I passed out and got kicked out and driven home.

I would feel bad but I did warn him I was planning to be fucked up by the time he would get there. No, I never said that was a good way to cope, but I'm entitled to a weekend of being wasted.

Is your friend still your friend?

He hasn't been able to do anything because of that injury so I don't think that's a fair criticism.

I mean, WWE is all about reps: AJ Styles is a top promo despite not actually being good at promos until he turned heel in WWE.

I still think that injury saved him from turning into the next Roman Reigns. WWE was about to run THE DEMON KING into the ground pretty hard. But yeah, he's still got time. AJ was able to balance out his weak promos early on by being the best wrestler in the world though.

Angry Grimace

Is your friend still your friend?

Fuck if I know. I mean, if he's not he'd be a dick.

I still think that injury saved him from turning into the next Roman Reigns. WWE was about to run THE DEMON KING into the ground pretty hard. But yeah, he's still got time. AJ was able to balance out his weak promos early on by being the best wrestler in the world though.

I don't think they knew how popular Styles would be. But the guy should have main evented WM with Cena, but noooooooo, they had to stick that as a random Royal Rumble match.

Monsoon's a Hammer, Triple H is a Hammer...

tenor.gif

Also, enjoyed Takeover last night. As many in here have said, UK was MOTY and that heel turn at the end was well done.

Hex

Banned
So...

Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English - 10 10 10 10

Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal (with Sunil Singh and Samir Singh) - Mahal I hope.
Though they say that Orton is supposed to be the hard push.
I am seeing them put it on Jinder and then have him lose the belt to someone who will work Orton .

The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Breezango (Tyler Breeze and Fandango)- Can't stand gangsta Usos, but couldn't really stand them much before either. Breezango should win.

Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles Will be amazing, I hope they are given at least 25 - 30 mins.

Naomi, Charlotte Flair, and Becky Lynch vs. The Welcoming Committee (Natalya, Carmella, and Tamina) (with James Ellsworth)
Would be interesting to have Naomi turn.
]
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler

Baron Corbin vs. Sami Zayn

Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So...

Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English - 10 10 10 10

Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal (with Sunil Singh and Samir Singh) - Mahal I hope.
Though they say that Orton is supposed to be the hard push.
I am seeing them put it on Jinder and then have him lose the belt to someone who will work Orton .

The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Breezango (Tyler Breeze and Fandango)- Can't stand gangsta Usos, but couldn't really stand them much before either. Breezango should win.

Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles Will be amazing, I hope they are given at least 25 - 30 mins.

Naomi, Charlotte Flair, and Becky Lynch vs. The Welcoming Committee (Natalya, Carmella, and Tamina) (with James Ellsworth)
Would be interesting to have Naomi turn.
]
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler

Baron Corbin vs. Sami Zayn

Luke Harper vs. Erick Rowan
You lack of love for heel Usos is disturbing.

Top Bottom