• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

btw that 24: Finn Balor episode was fantastic.

Who ever is producing and putting these episodes together is really damn good at their job. There has been more than one occassion when they got me choked up.

Zach

zach, i got you covered with gifs....

tell em to move out of the way, son. We comin through...

output_UgtcdR.gif
I can't make out who any of these people are. >_>

What's gonna be really funny is when they hold Nakamura's SD in-ring debut off until the 13th and have him just do the same thing he's been doing for a month.

Thanks. Knowing Vince what are the odds of this actually happening?

It'll happen. They don't make this much pomp and circumstance and build title matches for them to not happen.

Once it's out there and advertised, Vince rarely changes his mind unless it's small stuff like Rusev.

Zach

Did Ron Mysterio just spit poison mist into Cody Rhodes' face at Extreme Rulez 2011?! :O

(He did! They even mentioned Muta! :O again.)

somedevil

Here is the story right now with "The Broken" trademarks:

Ed Nordholm may have publicly said he's not keeping the Broken Universe from The Hardy Brothers, but the family confirms that's not the case — he dodged Matt Hardy‘s legal team for over a month as they attempted to come to an agreement over the trademarks.

Sources tell us the Hardys hired counsel at the beginning of April with the intention of locking down the trademarks/characters and their lawyers were ignored by Anthem for weeks.

We're told Matt wants Impact to sign over any claim they may have to the Broken Universe because The Hardys believe they have ownership rights after creating and funding the inception of it all — long before Anthem purchased the company. In return, his entire family will agree to hold off on suing the company over a litany of alleged claims they have stemming from their time there.

Our sources say the two sides finally met last week and it had appeared like they'd be resolving the contentious situation — but then Nordholm did an interview with Live Audio Wrestling last night saying they haven't been in contact and nobody at WWE would even want the characters/trademarks.

We reached out to the Hardy Family, who verified that the facts in this story are accurate.

I think WWE is not interested until the Hardys settle the situation themselves.

My co worker asked of I watches the ppv last night. I was like, of fucking course. She said half of the room was for Jinder, the other half was for randy.

Bronx-Man

Banned
In retrospect, dream, I owe you an apology. Claiming that we're stealing GIFs from a site probably does not count as gimmick posting when net neutrality is under fire.

So much for you not wanting to be complicit in public shaming.

I'm sure you can bump the Slaent thread and mope about it in there. Maybe you can use big intelligent words like: "WrassleGAF is trash under it's current leadership."

Good luck.

Hey, I'm sure there's at least one thread from 2004 that's still unlocked. Why don't you go bump it, nothing will go wrong
Outside%2BTriple%2BPowerbomb%2Btrought%2Ba%2BTable%2B2.gif

Hex

Banned
Our friend strobogo, whom many of you steal GIFs from, has a really interesting thesis. He argues that Jinder Mahal has redefined what it means to be a "foreign heel" in 2017. strobogo persuasively shows that to a smark ISEC audience, "foreign" is now defined as someone who comes from outside of the independent/NJPW scene, and is hated not because he or she is an ethnic other, but because he or she "doesn't deserve it" because he or she didn't "earn it."

4pdVKjC.gif

ReiGun

I wonder if Tye Dillenger is a name being tossed around to win MitB. He made it very clear in Talking Smack that he is pressing forward to further his position in the company. Now that he's made a name for himself after being let go ten years ago, it'll be interesting to see how far he can go with the company.

Tye is my dark horse pick. I could see them giving him the MitB so he has a big accomplishment relatively early in his main roster debut.

Problem is there's a couple of guys on SD who need that big win more right now. Namely Baron Corbin, who hasn't done anything of note since winning the ARMBAR last year. There's also Sami, and potentially Nak, Rusev, or Styles if any of them are in it.

Look at some of the biggest stars WWE have created in the past decade, many of them are wrestlers who came from the indies - it's something WWE have used both as a storytelling device (the wrestler from the "minor leagues" trying to prove they have what it takes for the big time) and as an easy way to hype up a new signing by lauding their pre-WWE accomplishments. It shouldn't be surprising that some fans might see pre-WWE experience as a positive, especially if their favourites have include the likes of Punk, Bryan, Seth, Owens & Styles over the past few years.

But this is all an over-simplification, it's disingenuous to imply that a wrestler's background is the major reason fans like or dislike a wrestler. Look at Charlotte, no one trashes her for a lack of ability, no one looks down on the fact that she has never worked a match outside of WWE, mainly because she delivers in the ring. Other's don't. That's not to say they can't play a character, fulfil a role or even win a championship if the story dictates it, but to imply that people don't like them simply because of some misguided idea that they never "paid their dues" is an insult to the intelligence of the majority of the audience.

Hex

Banned
Ladder matches are passé. There, I said it.

I am going to hate myself for saying this...but I honestly think Ultimate X matches do it right.
Laddder matches shorten careers and are just predictable.
Yes you get some great spots, but you can also see them set up miles away.

Top Bottom