• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Punk chants are people trying to hijack the show and "stick it to the McMahons". Any meaning is lost when it's just dorks who don't actually care about the product they pay for

Our friend strobogo, whom many of you steal GIFs from, has a really interesting thesis. He argues that Jinder Mahal has redefined what it means to be a "foreign heel" in 2017. strobogo persuasively shows that to a smark ISEC audience, "foreign" is now defined as someone who comes from outside of the independent/NJPW scene, and is hated not because he or she is an ethnic other, but because he or she "doesn't deserve it" because he or she didn't "earn it."

Tell your friend that he can't quantify what 3 million people think about a fictional TV character .

Thanks.

cordy

Banned
The WWE Shop now has the new Cruiserweight championship. Now you too can cruise and wait at your leisure.

T5022B.jpg

They still don't have the new NXT belts though.

Man I like the belt but 2 things.

- It would look much better in black
- That texture on the real belt looks exactly like the same texture on my toy WWE title belt I had like 15 years ago

Bronx-Man

Banned
Coming back from work, it seems that Jinder's underdog win has caused the gimmick posters of years past to crawl outta whatever hole they slunk to.

Shoo!

SHOO!

Punk chants aren't always about Punk, in and of himself, but also the BS circumstances and the toxic culture that wind up with the same result: people leaving because they're treated like shit.

You're giving way too much credit to the chants. Punk got people to view him as a god and people chant his name to piss of HHH/Steph. There is no deep meaning to this. It's just a thing for fans to do.

Coming back from work, it seems that Jinder's underdog win has caused the gimmick posters of years past to crawl outta whatever hole they slunk to.

Shoo!

SHOO!
I was hoping this was the time that no one would even respond to dream's gimmickry. But nope, and one of the people that got worked was the lord of the GWF. :O

dream

I was hoping this was the time that no one would even respond to dream's gimmickry. But nope, and one of the people that got worked was the lord of the GWF. :O
Sharing our friend's opinion is "gimmickry," now? Data West was right: wrestlinggaf will never change, and anyone whose opinion diverges from the popular consensus will always be bullied and belittled because he eats crackers like he owns the place.

dream

In retrospect, I think you're right, and I owe you an apology. Trying to spark an intelligent discussion probably does count as gimmick posting in here.

In retrospect, I think you're right, and I owe you an apology. Trying to spark an intelligent discussion probably does count as gimmick posting in here.
In retrospect, dream, I owe you an apology. Claiming that we're stealing GIFs from a site probably does not count as gimmick posting when net neutrality is under fire.

ZSJ got the Twitter shoutout from Corbs.

My favorite vegan vanilla midget.

And Marty getting @'d by Jim Fucking Sterling Son, what a day.

Speaking of Corbs, there was a dude at cKy holding up a Jeremy Corbyn sign through most of the set

Also Bam Margera is still alive

So much for you not wanting to be complicit in public shaming.

I'm sure you can bump the Slaent thread and mope about it in there. Maybe you can use big intelligent words like: "WrassleGAF is trash under it's current leadership."

Good luck.

Orton vs Jinder, KO vs AJ and Nakamura vs Ziggler rematches announced for the June 13th Smackdown.

So three more weeks of Backlash build then.

How fun.

Edit: Also this will be the go-home show for MitB. So they'll have to build to a SD before a PPV while also trying to build a PPV. What the fuck are they doing to this SD show.

I wonder if Tye Dillenger is a name being tossed around to win MitB. He made it very clear in Talking Smack that he is pressing forward to further his position in the company. Now that he's made a name for himself after being let go ten years ago, it'll be interesting to see how far he can go with the company.

Zach

If strobogo wants me to discontinue posting of his gifs while only giving credit 10% of the time, I'm sure he'll tell me on Twitter. I don't need his sidekick crying to me on a forum Stro City no longer posts on.

xoxo

Hey, I'm sure there's at least one thread from 2004 that's still unlocked. Why don't you go bump it, nothing will go wrong

How fun.

Edit: Also this will be the go-home show for MitB. So they'll have to build to a SD before a PPV while also trying to build a PPV. What the fuck are they doing to this SD show.

Oh my god I can't take 3 more weeks of Nak/Dolph

I wonder if Tye Dillenger is a name being tossed around to win MitB. He made it very clear in Talking Smack that he is pressing forward to further his position in the company. Now that he's made a name for himself after being let go ten years ago, it'll be interesting to see how far he can go with the company.

Tye mitb?

Does it stand for miz is the best candidate to mske him look good?

Tye will be lucky at this rate to touch a midcard belt, he isn't getting the MITB.

How fun.

It's in New Orleans and I think WM34 tickets go on sale that day so it might be some bizarre form of advertising.

Where was this posted?
WWE's twitter.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/866737957381844993

Top Bottom