• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

I'll be in better shape every week.

Cu_d3JmWAAEjdMW.jpg

Pikma

Banned
She took a figure 4 and removed the element that makes it hurt by completely eleviating any pressure on the actual leglock.

It is the dumbest fake move in a long list of dumb fake moves in WWE right now.
Omg the fake submission move doesn't look real enough to me!!! How am I supposed to show it to my non-mark friends to prove them wrestling is real?!!!

Is that a big deal? I've never liked the Rockstar games (except maybe Body Harvest) so I didn't really check out the first one.

If you're not into Rockstar games it's nothing special. Trademark shallow repetitive and clunky gameplay with a dumb antihero protagonist.

6/10- better than gta 4, at least.

RBH

I forgot to mention this, but on the pre-show for NXT Takeover Chicago, some people tried to start a CM Punk chant and got booed down hard by the rest of the crowd.

It was pretty surreal to witness (and pretty great at the same time since I hate the Punk chants).

I forgot to mention this, but on the pre-show for NXT Takeover Chicago, some people tried to start a CM Punk chant and got booed down hard by the rest of the crowd.

It was pretty surreal to witness (and pretty great at the same time since I hate the Punk chants).

I heard there were beachball attempts too, but they were pretty much immediately grabbed and popped by other members of the crowd.

Toki767

They're only accepted on Raw. Mostly in front of Stephanie and HHH.

Try to do it on a show people actually like and of course you're going to get booed.

Omg the fake submission move doesn't look real enough to me!!! How am I supposed to show it to my non-mark friends to prove them wrestling is real?!!!
Aiii probably convinces his friends to let him slap on the submission so he can show them how real it is.

They tried again during Hideo vs Roode IIRC but it got booed out too.

Don't know why people take issue with CM Punk chants. Figuratively, the idea behind the chant is to call WWE out on their shit. I wonder if people who take issue with it would do the same if the crowd chanted Mauro Ranallo. These chants are meant to be more symbolic than to be taken literally.

RBH

I heard there were beachball attempts too, but they were pretty much immediately grabbed and popped by other members of the crowd.
Yup, it was fucking hilarious. The first time, when one guy popped the beachball, some people in the crowd started chanting "Delete!" and "Asshole!" at him, and the guy then took a Snapchat of himself and basically basked in the whole thing, not giving a single fuck. It was wonderful.

RBH

Don't know why people take issue with CM Punk chants. Figuratively, the idea behind the chant is to call WWE out on their shit. I wonder if people who take issue with it would do the same if the crowd chanted Mauro Ranallo. These chants are meant to be more symbolic than to be taken literally.
Punk chants are so played out and beaten to death at this point. Dude's been gone for a long while now, it's time to get over it.

And what does that have to do with the Mauro chants? I love all variations of Fire Bradshaw chants and chants that show love for Mauro because that's an issue (bullying) that's actually worth getting worked up about.

Hex

Banned

I think it is because most do it more for Pavlovian manipulation than to call out a wrong.
Same reason we have alot of the other chants still.
They have become part of the show.

dream

Our friend strobogo, whom many of you steal GIFs from, has a really interesting thesis. He argues that Jinder Mahal has redefined what it means to be a "foreign heel" in 2017. strobogo persuasively shows that to a smark ISEC audience, "foreign" is now defined as someone who comes from outside of the independent/NJPW scene, and is hated not because he or she is an ethnic other, but because he or she "doesn't deserve it" because he or she didn't "earn it."

Jinder should become a Brawler and drop the rest holds. He could become the best pure striker in this business. Ask Finn!

More forearms for your headtop so watch how you speak on The Maharajas name you know?

Sephzilla

Our friend strobogo, whom many of you steal GIFs from, has a really interesting thesis. He argues that Jinder Mahal has redefined what it means to be a "foreign heel" in 2017. strobogo persuasively shows that to a smark ISEC audience, "foreign" is now defined as someone who comes from outside of the independent/NJPW scene, and is hated not because he or she is an ethnic other, but because he or she "doesn't deserve it" because he or she didn't "earn it."

i feel like that's massively overthinking WWE

Punk chants are so played out and beaten to death at this point. Dude's been gone for a long while now, it's time to get over it.

And what does that have to do with the Mauro chants? I love all variations of Fire Bradshaw chants and chants that show love for Mauro because that's an issue (bullying) that's actually worth getting worked up about.

Punk chants aren't always about Punk, in and of himself, but also the BS circumstances and the toxic culture that wind up with the same result: people leaving because they're treated like shit.

The first beach ball idiots were in front of me. People in the section were asking them not to do it but they were awesome, clap clap clapclapclap

On a funny note, the DIY chants sound a lot like Punk chants so multiple times you'd have people on the other side of the arena booing them

Kaladin

The WWE Shop now has the new Cruiserweight championship. Now you too can cruise and wait at your leisure.

T5022B.jpg

They still don't have the new NXT belts though.

Anth0ny

I've had this idea for months, and it's true.

to most of the audience today, the heel is the one who "doesn't deserve it", not the guy who does things a bad guy does. it's why roman gets the loudest heel reaction.

there's not really any money in doing this shit, though.

So how good
shit
is RAW going to be?

g state/spurs at 9pm tonight

raw gonna do the worst rating of the year

RBH

Punk chants aren't always about Punk, in and of himself, but also the BS circumstances and the toxic culture that wind up with the same result: people leaving because they're treated like shit.
At this point, I highly doubt that's the impetus for the majority of the people who still chant for CM Punk.

Top Bottom