• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

jmdajr

Is nascar big in the us? I always thought it was more of a niche.

Supposedly it's as big as the NBA. I was well...kind of shocked. I have never given a fuck.

Closest to F's I have given... Cars, Talladega Nights, and Days of Thunder. Probably some movies I have missed, buy yeah. Much more exciting on film.

Basketball movies are like the opposite. Real thing is better.

somedevil

Wasn't Raw also the 3rd highest rated show on yank cable 🤷*♂️

From Meltzer:

Raw numbers hit a shocking low last night, even coming the day after the Payback PPV.

The three hour show averaged 2.86 million viewers, setting a new 20-year low for the show on a non-holiday and non-football time frame. The number barely beat what a lot of the SmackDown shows had been doing prior to WrestleMania. It was a five percent decline from last week's 3.00 million viewers. Traditionally the Raw after a Raw-brand PPV should show an increase.

Worse, not coming off a PPV and with next week's show being taped, another number in this vicinity is possible. There will only be one NBA game next Monday, Warriors vs. Jazz, so the first hour of Raw will go unopposed and that may help a little.

The culprit was the NBA playoffs, as the first half of Raw went against a Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors game that did 3.58 million viewers, and the second half of Raw went against a San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets game that did 4.43 million viewers.

Raw numbers are likely to be low as long as there is playoff competition. However, with the decline of Fox News ratings in the wake of Bill O'Reilly being gone, Raw beat everything else on cable last night.

Caderfix

For rednecks. You got to be mad to watch cars going round in circles.

I can't see myself watching something like that.. Then again, I follow the WWE so who am I to judge?

Supposedly it's as big as the NBA. I was well...kind of shocked. I have never given a fuck.

It huge, it like the 4 popular sporting league in the USA. It is bigger than hockey

That's mind blowing, seriously.

Like wrestling?

Why are you comparing wrestling to a fake sport such as Nascar?

Hold up

Did Omega add the crosshair to his logo as a joke about Seth or have I just not noticed it before?

He has the "goodbye and goodnight" shirt but the one on the tron looks different

Hold up

Did Omega add the crosshair to his logo as a joke about Seth or have I just not noticed it before?

He's had a crosshair on merch before
$_1.JPG

He's had a crosshair on merch before
$_1.JPG
Yeah, idk this just reminded me a lot more of Seth's logo than anything. Especially since this is the first big show since the "at least I still have my entrance music" thing

(again maybe this has been here the whole time and I've just never noticed it, but they didn't have the scrolling Bullet Club logo this time, instead the focus was the crosshair)

Tom Nook

You know Vince will panic. What happens next week?

Vince shows up and announces another "Roster Shakeup" for the following week.
Fans and wrestling news will get talking: "Who's going switch?"
Ratings do go up during the shakeup show
But eventually, ratings go down a week later.
Repeat.

Vince shows up and announces another "Roster Shakeup" for the following week.
Fans and wrestling news will get talking: "Who's going switch?"
Ratings do go up during the shakeup show
But eventually, ratings go down a week later.
Repeat.
It might be time to bring back the Hulkster

Top Bottom