• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Beefy

You sure?
C3yaSeF.jpg

Looks like the cat shit itself

For those that like technical matches, Zack Sabre Jr. vs Negro Navarro full match in tv quality and with Spanish commentators (they are decent).

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Negro Navarro

I really liked this match, one of my favorites of the year. When people think about lucha is usually high flyer and colorful masks, but since I was a kid my favorite lucha was the bloody brawls and the full technical matches. Give it a try if you want to see a technical match.

Damn, we missed Zack Sabre Jr. vs Hechicero because Hechicero had a compromise that night whit CMLL, hope we get to see them again:

Hechicero promo on ZSJ

Okada/Omega II is going to be a disappointment for a lot of folks if they don't set their expectations accordingly.
Is it? Is it really?
NJPW News: Hulk Hogan says he wants to join the Bullet Club
What’s the story?

After receiving an ‘Open Invitation’ from the Bullet Club last month to join their ranks, Hulk Hogan revealed at an autograph signing this weekend that he would indeed love to. In a video from Pro Wrestling Sheet, Hogan was quoted as saying:

"I would love to be in The Bullet Club. I’d love to be the OG for The Bullet Club. Teach them boys how to really get corrupt!”

Caderfix

Okada/Omega II is going to be a disappointment for a lot of folks if they don't set their expectations accordingly.

it's going to be great regardless, but, yeah, if you expect something as good or even better than the previous match you'll be very disappointed.

The thread about Rocket League and WWE working together has me wondering: Is Rocket League that well off where they can be a sponsor for WWE, or have the ad rates for WWE plummeted so much game companies can get in on the action.

Obligatory JR.

have the ad rates for WWE plummeted so much game companies can get in on the action.

Obligatory JR.
It's this. Rocket League is noteworthy for sure but their ad rates have been going down since even before they took the last underwhelming TV deal.

The trend of WWE over the last decade is vastly thinking higher of themselves than any provable statistic shows as justifiable. Don't expect that to stop when it's HHH and Steph in charge. Hell if anything it'll get worse, the last thing nervous investors will stick around for is bigger and more egos saying every negative is in fact positive.

Anth0ny

It's this. Rocket League is noteworthy for sure but their ad rates have been going down since even before they took the last underwhelming TV deal.

The trend of WWE over the last decade is vastly thinking higher of themselves than any provable statistic shows as justifiable. Don't expect that to stop when it's HHH and Steph in charge. Hell if anything it'll get worse, the last thing nervous investors will stick around for is bigger and more egos saying every negative is in fact positive.

dead in 5 years

dead in 5 years
I definitely ain't going that far, but

uh

yeah, the fans screaming Streaming Is The Future as every station is just starting their own service, Hulu just started their own $40 SIDE streaming section project, even WWE repeatedly saying they're looking into options that cost farrrr more than $10, AND net neutrality being closer than ever to Dead In The US..........that's absolutely not going to end, in any universe, with people not eventually paying far more for what they want than they ever did with cable, and it's stunning how much people either don't see it coming or think They won't ever be affected by it.

Anth0ny

The Raw rating is in:

The May 1 edition of Raw drew a 1.99 rating, the first sub-2.00 rating since Dec. 26. Dec. 12 was the last episode that wasn’t considered a “holiday” edition to drop below 2.00.

The 1.99 is below the 2.32 April average and the 2.22 average for 2017 so far. The ten week rolling average headed into this week was 2.25.

One year ago, Raw drew a 2.35. The average for 2016 this far into the year was 2.54 compared to this year’s average so far of 2.22.

Keller’s Analysis: The stat that leaps out is the drop-off from the first to the third hour. The first hour drew a 2.92 million viewers, the second hour 3.04 million viewers, and the third hour 2.65 million viewers. The first-to-third hour drop-off was 275,000, well above the 181,000 average of the last ten weeks. That’s not a great sign as far as where Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, and The Miz stand in terms of being main event TV match draws, but it’s just one week, and that’s just one match in the third hour.

ahahahahahahaha

Anth0ny

Jesus Christ wtf happened. NBA finals????

No Braun or Reigns!

NBA Playoffs, yeah.

Except the NBA Playoffs have been happening every year, so it's not an excuse. I bolded the rating for last year's Raw at the same time, which was also going up against the NBA playoffs. it's no fucking excuse.

people don't want fake sports.

NBA Playoffs, yeah.

Except the NBA Playoffs have been happening every year, so it's not an excuse. I bolded the rating for last year's Raw at the same time, which was also going up against the NBA playoffs. it's no fucking excuse.

people don't want fake sports.

I agree that NBA or nfl are excuses. If you show is worth watching people will watch it. No one wants to watch 3 hours of bad when they can watch a 5 minute clip on YouTube

Sports are no excuse when there's sports all the time. Basketball, hockey and football are each a quarter of the year, baseball's over half the year, NASCAR is like 10 fucking months, playoffs happen in each every year, Olympics every 2 and World Cup every 4. Your excuse might as well be "anything else is on" at that point

Top Bottom