• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is there a cliff notes version of Iron Fist.

Rich kid's plane crashes in Tibet, saved by magic monks, gets trained to be magic fight man. Comes back to New York to reclaim his company, does so, punches some guys.

Yea that's about it.

Goldberg comes back

And turns heel
hugs.gif

The looks from the crowd are killing me.

Is there a cliff notes version of Iron Fist. My wife actually watched it all and thought it was ok. Granted she isn't a geek by any means. I have heard so much bad shit not sure it's worth my time. Than again WRASSLIN.
I watched portions of it and it ain't horrible people on gaf expect everything to be Oscar worthy or perfect scores. Better way to spend your Monday nights that's for sure.

jmdajr

I watched portions of it and it ain't horrible people on gaf expect everything to be Oscar worthy or perfect scores. Better way to spend your Monday nights that's for sure.

Rich kid's plane crashes in Tibet, saved by magic monks, gets trained to be magic fight man. Comes back to New York to reclaim his company, does so, punches some guys.

Yea that's about it.

Thanks for the input.

Anth0ny

Vince is so paranoid about ratings that he put the main event of a PPV first on the show to get out of the way of the debate.

ON HIS OWN NETWORK THAT PEOPLE PAID $10 TO WATCH

Any one else think Blue is insane?
I worked in tv for 3 years brother. And each station I left, their ratings crumbled when I walked out of that door dude. Neither have recovered. But ever since joining Amazon Jeff Beezos has become an even bigger billionaire because of me, jack!

Vince is so paranoid about ratings that he put the main event of a PPV first on the show to get out of the way of the debate.

ON HIS OWN NETWORK THAT PEOPLE PAID $10 TO WATCH
I don't even get it. What was stopping WWE from having Cena vs Ambrose vs Styles last? People could have just watched it after the debate.

Has there ever been a match with more to live up to than Omega/Okada II? Like they could legit have one of the two or three best matches of the year and it won't be enough for some people.

Anth0ny

Has there ever been a match with more to live up to than Omega/Okada II? Like they could legit have one of the two or three best matches of the year and it won't be enough for some people.

I was lapsed when Taker/Shawn at Mania 25 happened. What was it like building up to the rematch?

jmdajr

TLC?

Hardy's/EnC/Dudelye's kind of fucked it up for everyone forever. Yet, the 2nd match was better. As was Austin vs Rock 2 despite ending. Taker vs Shawn I liked the 1st better.

On the ratings front, there is not a single person in the company that is proven to draw ratings. Every "top draw" recently has had bad viewership hours for something. Even Brock has had weak hours. And it'll stay that way as long as WWE books guys like shit and puts out nonsensical and illogical storylines.

I was lapsed when Taker/Shawn at Mania 25 happened. What was it like building up to the rematch?

It was expected to be really great, maybe even MOTY-quality, but not one of the greatest matches ever like I think people expect out of Omega and Okada.

jmdajr

It was petty serious. Taker didn't want the rematch. So Shawn kept fucking with Taker until he cost him his title.

Taker then agreed...on one condition.

And everyone was like....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Hell, we could probbaly find the thread here.

Pikma

Banned
Yes, and situations like these are why NJPW matches will only get tougher/more physical, it's the only way they have to try and surpass the previous match

Yes, and situations like these are why NJPW matches will only get tougher/more physical, it's the only way they have to try and surpass the previous match
Yeah....if anything I'm more worried for the performers than the fans lol

I'd prefer they didn't kill themselves for 7 stars

Anth0ny

Kenny has to go over, hits the 1 winged angel.

Builds to Wrestle Kingdom where Okada wins it back, kicks out of the 1 winged angel, respect at the end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Raw rating is in:

ahahahahahahaha

Keller's analysis is inane. There's no evidence that anyone on their roster draws ratings. Even Lesnar's "regular" appearances (e.g. not with Goldberg) doesn't save a show from shit ratings.

The entire ratings thing is dumb anyways because WWE should be making like 3 times what they make in ad revenue except they can't because advertising companies don't want to market to poor people. Hence why ever other ad is that dude who messes this hair up if he wants to mess this hair up.

Keller's analysis is inane. There's no evidence that anyone on their roster draws ratings. Even Lesnar's "regular" appearances (e.g. not with Goldberg) doesn't save a show from shit ratings.

The entire ratings thing is dumb anyways because WWE should be making like 3 times what they make in ad revenue except they can't because advertising companies don't want to market to poor people. Hence why ever other ad is that dude who messes this hair up if he wants to mess this hair up.
The general statement that wrestling fans are poor is absurd. Wrestling is a pretty expensive hobby tbh. I hate when they think that.

The general statement that wrestling fans are poor is absurd.

Not at all saying I disagree. Just pointing out that TNA tried and failed to convince three stations and each's own unique set of advertisers this, and WWE did the same during their last underwhelming TV deal. Audience size and perception have only decreased since then, which fuels these flames harder.

Barrage

I wonder if WWE would ever considering including a traditional PPV for TV as part of a deal. How many people would watch Survivor Series if it just aired on NBC one year? Or Halloween Havoc? Would it overlap completely with their current fans or have lapsed people tuning in?

Main Event eventaully completely fizzled out ratings-wise. But WWE fans also have a canon of importance when it comes to events, and Main Event was not considered high on it compared to a Big 4 (or a Halloween Havoc, which I still believe WWE is leaving money on the table by not reviving).

Top Bottom