• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

jmdajr

I wonder if WWE would ever considering including a traditional PPV for TV as part of a deal. How many people would watch Survivor Series if it just aired on NBC one year? Or Halloween Havoc? Would it overlap completely with their current fans or have lapsed people tuning in?

Main Event eventaully completely fizzled out ratings-wise. But WWE fans also have a canon of importance when it comes to events, and Main Event was not considered high on it compared to a Big 4 (or a Halloween Havoc, which I still believe WWE is leaving money on the table by not reviving).

Maybe if The Rock is involved it would work.

Zach

I wonder if WWE would ever considering including a traditional PPV for TV as part of a deal. How many people would watch Survivor Series if it just aired on NBC one year? Or Halloween Havoc? Would it overlap completely with their current fans or have lapsed people tuning in?

Main Event eventaully completely fizzled out ratings-wise. But WWE fans also have a canon of importance when it comes to events, and Main Event was not considered high on it compared to a Big 4 (or a Halloween Havoc, which I still believe WWE is leaving money on the table by not reviving).
As my life partner Data West has said, WWE will ruin sweet, sweet Halloween Havoc. Keep it on the shelf.

TV companies wouldn't want it. TV time is precious and expensive they don't want 4 hours of a low rated "Sports Entertainment" event especially on Network TV. If WWE paid them they may cut a deal.

I worked in tv for 3 years brother. And each station I left, their ratings crumbled when I walked out of that door dude. Neither have recovered. But ever since joining Amazon Jeff Beezos has become an even bigger billionaire because of me, jack!
Why you living in Tennessee instead of Hollywood like the Miz?

As my life partner Data West has said, WWE will ruin sweet, sweet Halloween Havoc. Keep it on the shelf.
WWE will ruin the PPV that gave us...

Hulk+Hogan+and+Randy+Savage+beat+up+fan.gif

looool.gif

...?

Late era WCW crowds at least admitted they were watching something that's best/peak long since came and went

I'd say "something they knew was dying" too but lol I can't ever forget that week when it was bought and Dave and Bryan grew increasingly bewildered by the amount of callers saying "I get its cancelled. Now when's it coming back?"

Tagyhag

Late era WCW crowds at least admitted they were watching something that's best/peak long since came and went

I'd say "something they knew was dying" too but lol I can't ever forget that week when it was bought and Dave and Bryan grew increasingly bewildered by the amount of callers saying "I get its cancelled. Now when's it coming back?"

Man I wonder what people here would do if WWE was cancelled.

I guess I'd switch full time to NJPW and hopefully WWE Network stays so I actually catch up on everything.

Man I wonder what people here would do if WWE was cancelled.

I guess I'd switch full time to NJPW and hopefully WWE Network stays so I actually catch up on everything.
My wrestling consumption would drop by 95 percent or so. Id be curious to see where all the talent goes.

Top Bottom