• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

These two videos right here are the greatest example of why guys can get over in NXT and then completely die on the main roster. No characters, no wacky stories, no bullshit. When's the last time WWE did this for anyone? They have three fucking hours of Raw and can't make people care more about guys than NXT can do in an hour each week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkGFutlFnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W55EA0yIcRk

At one point even Apollo Crews looked important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pldDOzWSQyk

Fav Zayn era, go

Mine is the era of him entering battle royales, everyone saying "THIS'LL BE THE ONE", him getting the big tag team Braun/big guy elimination getting everyone hopeful, and then him being eliminated by a scrub who isn't even the ultimate winner
Were you one of the jabronies saying he was gonna win the rumble? >_>

Say it ain't so, Sweeney!

does WWE realize that Roderick only really blew up on the indies when he became a douchey fratbro heel nd not because hes a loveable nice guy?

Yeah, how strange that they could think a massive change in presentation could work for a guy.........

el-generico-bio_display_image_crop_north.jpg

Were you one of the jabronies saying he was gonna win the rumble? >_>

I was the guy laughing at those people, but months earlier I was also laughing at the thought of him eliminating Braun. I'm pretty sure "singlehandedly" was specified when I did, but I'll take that particular L regardless. 50/50 booking comes for all :'[

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's so adorable how they keep trying to get people to boo Asuka

............uh you mean going from a loveable underdog babyface to a loveable underdog babyface?

His general role was still the same, but everything around it was completely different. Point is, it's a big change that worked.

Just because Roddy never got really over as a babyface doesn't mean it's impossible for it to happen, it just means it was never done right.

Not every change is gonna work, but that should absolutely never stop you from trying.

And? I mean Ryan Fitzpatrick was a quarterback in the NFL for years and had a shit career.

A shit career by the highest standard of NFL players yeah. But he played QB in the NFL and won games. Less than 1% of people in the world can say that. That alone is a significant accomplishment. You think Ryan Fitzpatrick is genuinely unhappy with his life? It could always be better, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

These two videos right here are the greatest example of why guys can get over in NXT and then completely die on the main roster. No characters, no wacky stories, no bullshit. When's the last time WWE did this for anyone? They have three fucking hours of Raw and can't make people care more about guys than NXT can do in an hour each week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkGFutlFnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W55EA0yIcRk

Is this from the new Tough Enough season?

Heroman

Banned
A shit career by the highest standard of NFL players yeah. But he played QB in the NFL and won games. Less than 1% of people in the world can say that. That alone is a significant accomplishment. You think Ryan Fitzpatrick is genuinely unhappy with his life? It could always be better, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
Who said his life is bad? I just said he had bad career, like yeah we all know that getting into the NFL.is hard but doesn't make a person immue to criticism.

Toki767

If Sami Zayn really wanted a huge push in the WWE, he'd ask for his release, get super over in the indies again, and then have WWE wanting him back.

Basically go the Drew McIntyre route.

Who said his life is bad? I just said he had bad career, like yeah we all know that getting into the NFL.is hard but doesn't make a person immue to criticism.

It doesn't, but my original comment that you quoted was in response to the idea that Roderick being "the next Sami Zayn" is a bad thing. It's not. It's not the best thing, but it's not a bad thing.

Heroman

Banned
It doesn't, but my original comment that you quoted was in response to the idea that Roderick being "the next Sami Zayn" is a bad thing. It's not. It's not the best thing, but it's not a bad thing.
Being the Sami Zayn is being a loser which is a bad thing. It doesn't matter whether or not you are in werid being a loser sucks.

*HHH voice* *grunts* "winsuh and lossesuhhhhhhhhhhh they dont mattuh. uh, hold on WHAT THE HELLUH'S THAT SCRIPT, WADDA YOU MEAN IM NOT FUCKING GOING OVUH" *tears quad attempting to chase down director*

Being the Sami Zayn is being a loser which is a bad thing. It doesn't matter whether or not you are in werid being a loser sucks.

That's not an objective fact in terms of wrestling. If people are happy in the spot they are in and enjoying it, then to them it doesn't suck, no matter what the fans think.

Another example, James Ellsworth is the biggest loser on the roster, but I'd bet a ton of guys would kill to be in that spot. Therefore, to a vast majority of guys, that spot doesn't suck.

If Sami Zayn really wanted a huge push in the WWE, he'd ask for his release, get super over in the indies again, and then have WWE wanting him back.

Basically go the Drew McIntyre route.

Ridiculous. McIntyre was the lowest of the low when he left. No storylines, barely any TV time, never got to wrestle actual matches, and was part of the biggest joke jobber group on the roster.

Sami is in a way better spot than McIntyre was. If he left, he'd come back to the same spot. A guy who loses to the guys they want to push, but beats guys often enough to matter when he loses.

Anth0ny

wins and losses don't matter? What?

tumblr_myhqrspqq21shfp4sb6.gif

if you're in that damn dressing room and not gunning for that damn belt

you ain't got no right being in that 20 by 20 ring

might as well go hunt some DAMN BUCKS instead!

Heroman

Banned
That's not an objective fact in terms of wrestling. If people are happy in the spot they are in and enjoying it, then to them it doesn't suck, no matter what the fans think.

Another example, James Ellsworth is the biggest loser on the roster, but I'd bet a ton of guys would kill to be in that spot. Therefore, to a vast majority of guys, that spot doesn't suck.

You or I have no idea whether or not Sami Zayn love or hates his spot but given how other wreslter have felt about a spot like his I doubt he is in love with. And this thread isn't about what the wreslter think about there spot ,it is about what we thier spots.

You or I have no idea whether or not Sami Zayn love or hates his spot but given how other wreslter have felt about a spot like his I doubt he is in love with. And this thread isn't about what the wreslter think about there spot ,it is about what we thier spots.

Again, it doesn't matter what this thread is about.

This whole conversation started with the idea that someone wouldn't want to be in Sami Zayn's spot, and that's just demonstrably false no matter how you slice it.

Heroman

Banned
Again, it doesn't matter what this thread is about.

This whole conversation started with the idea that someone wouldn't want to be in Sami Zayn's spot, and that's just demonstrably false no matter how you slice it.

Out of all the spots on the roster im pretty sure no one would choose Sami spot.

Hell, I'd take Ellsworth's spot too. Crack a few lame jokes a week, take a bump, and pal around with Carmella in backstage segments? What's to complain about?

I'm sure people like a nak or AJ would turn that spot down.

Not everyone can be the top guys. That's just the sad truth. Doesn't mean a lower spot can't work out for you.

pretty sure cody rhodes was in this exact spot and left

Okay? That has nothing to do with my point. It's not an undesirable spot to most guys. Yeah there are guys who are above it in terms of star power and guys who think they can do better than it and will leave, but for most guys that's just not the case.

And plus Cody has done absolutely nothing to prove that he's better than WWE would let him be, but that's a rant for another time.

Raw64life

Watching the Cody/Finlay match from last night right now actually. It's definitely lackluster, but I won't judge Cody based on matches with Juice and David Finlay. When he has stinkers against Naito and Ishii I'll gladly admit he's a turd.

As an aside, David really needs to work on his look. The beard is good, but eyeliner and a gut is not.

Heroman

Banned
Watching the Cody/Finlay match from last night right now actually. It's definitely lackluster, but I won't judge Cody based on matches with Juice and David Finlay. When he has stinkers against Naito and Ishii I'll gladly admit he's a turd.

As an aside, David really needs to work on his look. The beard is good, but eyeliner and a gut is not.
Really, I thought it was a really good match

In the past year, Cody has had subpar to average matches with:

- Sabre
- Galloway
- Moose
- Hero
- Callihan
- Scurll
- Bennett
- Edwards

His best match was with Lethal in December and even that one I would call above-average at best.

Top Bottom