• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

notworksafe

I've never watched this Chrisley show that comes on after Raw before but now I'm drunk in an Iowa hotel room and I can't stop watching it and I hate myself. This seems to be a marathon of some sort...

The more I think about, the more I feel like the NWO was a lighting in a bottle situation. I feel like there is a lot of factors in play that made them who they are.

Kuroyume

Banned
You know what's sad? I was there every night in the 90s tuning into Raw and Nitro and I don't remember like more than half the shit that gets posted in here.

notworksafe

You know what's sad? I was there every night in the 90s tuning into Raw and Nitro and I don't remember like more than half the shit that gets posted in here.

Before my rewatch of 1996-2003 (and counting) I had so much nostalgia for late 90s wrasslin. Now a lot of it is "how the fuck did I watch this?".

The answer is: I was 15-17

The more I think about, the more I feel like the NWO was a lighting in a bottle situation. I feel like there is a lot of factors in play.

If anyone other than Hogan was the third man, it doesn't have anywhere near the surprise, impact or longevity. I'd say it was the last real big unpredictable moment but that was probably Hogan actually giving Goldberg the W in Atlanta on Nitro

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Before my rewatch of 1996-2003 (and counting) I had so much nostalgia for late 90s wrasslin. Now a lot of it is "how the fuck did I watch this?".

The answer is: I was 15-17

WWF aged like shit because the Attitude Era was shit, everyone was just immatur

WCW like a fine wine. A fine wine made by Above Average Mike Sanders

If anyone other than Hogan was the third man, it doesn't have anywhere near the surprise, impact or longevity. I'd say it was the last real big unpredictable moment but that was probably Hogan actually giving Goldberg the W in Atlanta on Nitro
Hogan taking the loss was surprising to see happen compare what happen in 1997.

That's the day after my birthday. I wonder how cheaply I can make a trip to Hawaii.

It's just dumb in the way that a lot of reality shows seem to be dumb. But with a lot more annoying whiteys. Or not...I don't watch too many reality shows.
Lmao. It's the right amount of fuckery for me...I only watched episodes when I watched Raw live and I never do that any more. #ClassNotAss

notworksafe

Lmao. It's the right amount of fuckery for me. #ClassNotAss

nZkX2vr.gif

notworksafe

I went to a WWE house show yesterday and I have to say it was a lot of fun being in a non-Smark crowd for once. I was gonna write up a review of it because it was really a fun show and the crowd reactions were great but I think it may be best to wait until I'm sober and not watching Chrisley.

Fox318

FZ4VZCB.jpg

Classic wrestling.
You know what's sad about this?

In sports and in arts we can usually say we have the best today. Sports athletes are stronger and face tougher competition today more than ever, artistry can push the boundaries more than ever with new means of communication and arguably more openess to looking at things from a new perspective.

Yet here we are in wrestling and can we really say that we will ever have somebody better than flair? Since the top guys now just move on to be movie stars do other things that don't involve working for a McMahon.

Maybe the exception is somebody like Tanahashi in Japan or somebody in Lucha but with regards to American Wrassling?

It's just sad.

Mahonay

Banned
You know what's sad about this?

In sports and in arts we can usually say we have the best today. Sports athletes are stronger and face tougher competition today more than ever, artistry can push the boundaries more than ever with new means of communication and arguably more openess to looking at things from a new perspective.

Yet here we are in wrestling and can we really say that we will ever have somebody better than flair? Since the top guys now just move on to be movie stars do other things that don't involve working for a McMahon.

Maybe the exception is somebody like Tanahashi in Japan or somebody in Lucha but with regards to American Wrassling?

It's just sad.
Flair is a once in a lifetime kind of talent though.

I think it's dumb they bring Taz in, he beats Angle, then they facr each other for two weeks. Then it's nothing. That bit from ECW should've been brought up as I'm sure Vince could get footage from them. He's feeding them anyway. This should be bigger.

Top Bottom