• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Heroman

Banned
You know what's sad about this?

In sports and in arts we can usually say we have the best today. Sports athletes are stronger and face tougher competition today more than ever, artistry can push the boundaries more than ever with new means of communication and arguably more openess to looking at things from a new perspective.

Yet here we are in wrestling and can we really say that we will ever have somebody better than flair? Since the top guys now just move on to be movie stars do other things that don't involve working for a McMahon.

Maybe the exception is somebody like Tanahashi in Japan or somebody in Lucha but with regards to American Wrassling?

It's just sad.
Daniel Byran was on flairs level.

Anth0ny

CUrVTpO.gif

Fox318

Daniel Byran was on flairs level.
No he wasn't.

Flair for one got in that plane crash and changed his style, he changed how he bumped.

Bryan started having seizures related to concussions and built an entire moveset around slamming his head into people.

I should have known it was Beefcake because the minute I saw him I hated him. It's mind blowing to me but at the same time makes perfect sense.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
was generally thinking about Seth's return eventually. Now do they build it up much like when HHH came back when he fucked up his leg, or is it a legit surprise?

The Club, is that the best they could do? I get why they're called that and WWE wanting to get around the trademark issue but every time I hear that I think of either the sandwich of the anti-theft device. The Pizza Hut shilling, at this point they all have to realize how cringe worthy that shit is right? Camera work and the excessive close ups that blatantly show strikes missing drives me nuts. Was it me or was a lot the crowd sound piped in, it felt piped in. I didn't get any actual energy from that crowd. That jacket is probably slightly more expensive than the "obscenely expensive" Jeritron 5000.

Dana Brooke being called up... I don't know, on one hand she and Emma were good together (and could be a good pairing for the eventual Women's Tag Titles being brought back) and Dana improved a lot in a short time and has some personality, on the other it seems like she was still better suited to say in NXT longer seeing how much ring time she missed.

Why is Hawaii getting a WM card

I would imagine tickets to that show would be expensive so they need to give people more of a reason to pay for them.

Adree

Dana Brooke looked great on Raw. Glad she's back and they kept that pair together.

"Jay Lethal" shirt on Edge & Christian is crazy. I find I only like about 50% of each show but I really like that 50%.

Starrcade 95 was weird. The World Cup angle is interesting but has no real build to it and seems mostly like a wasted gimmick.

Macho Man is a joke in WCW. Lex Luger is the opposite. Dude is over like rover. I've been listening to the Lapsed Fan for this show and they're right Luger should have main evented against Hogan.

Hogan not being on the card because of reasons and Savage force blading Flair are hilarious.

Omfg, a hand? Round of applause.

lmao

bjork

I would imagine tickets to that show would be expensive so they need to give people more of a reason to pay for them.

Tickets start at $20 for that show. No idea about the size of the venue, but the top ones are $110. I think I paid $20 per for a house show in 1995, so that isn't horrible.

bjork

When I was in high school, they had a field trip to go to a taping of Living Single.

I ditched school that day and said I went to the thing, but really I was playing Genesis and watching anime fairy tale shows on Nickelodeon at home.

So there is a house show in Honolulu on the 29th next month and two announced matches via commercial are Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar AND Shinsuke Nakamura vs John Cena

When I was in high school, they had a field trip to go to a taping of Living Single.

I ditched school that day and said I went to the thing, but really I was playing Genesis and watching anime fairy tale shows on Nickelodeon at home.
You had a chance to go to a taping of one of the greatest shows of all time? Holy crap. Did they tape Martin there too?

Top Bottom