• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Striker

I wanted to believe. I really did.

I don't understand why they brought them here for this. I don't understand why they LEFT Japan for this.
It's like Hall and Nash started 50/50 booking with the Nasty Boyz or Public Enemy in WCW. Except they were much bigger names coming into the company than these two are. Clownshow.

orioto

Good Art™
Aaaw shit, do you think they can give Owens a competitive match against Lesnar ? Or will it be a semi-squash :(

I guess you don't have Lesnar in a House show to not destroy his opponent...

Have you not been paying attention to WWE for the past 15 years?

Why do you guys do this yourselves?
Usually when they lose that badly so early, it's to someone that's actually prominent in the main event scene. I mean, I would be fine with it just about if it wasn't with everyone's go-to roll-up finish.

Browny

Banned
Aaaw shit, do you think they can give Owens a competitive match against Lesnar ? Or will it be a semi-squash :(

I guess you don't have Lesnar in a House show to not destroy his opponent...

You have to believe that they're showing it on the Network. With such a ludicrous lineup, they have to. Right?
...Right?

Also, they could really push Owens to the top of the mountain by him beating Lesnar - but I can't see Lesnar wanting to take a pop-up powerbomb, nor some of the other indie-riffic moves. Lesnar will go over - but he shouldn't.

klonere

Banned
You have to believe that they're showing it on the Network. With such a ludicrous lineup, they have to. Right?
...Right?

Also, they could really push Owens to the top of the mountain by him beating Lesnar - but I can't see Lesnar wanting to take a pop-up powerbomb, nor some of the other indie-riffic moves. Lesnar will go over - but he shouldn't.

Owens secondary finisher on the indies for a while was the
F-5

Aiii

So not worth it
That show might get me to resub to the WWE Network.

Then again, it might not, because fuck wrestling... Sort of, I guess. I have this feeling that I've actually really finally made it out.

Guys I'm writing clickbait video titles and my soul is burning away.

You lost your soul the second you got that avatar, mate, lets be real.

klonere

Banned
Oh my, that sucks.

It's sooooo good.

DzYRaXf.gif

UUUUUUCCCCCK

Is this going to be like Itami teasing the GTS?

I think there is approximately a 0% chance that Owens gets to use the F-5 in WWE.

well it's a paradox game, so the longer you wait before playing it the better it'll probably be lol

Usually I would agree with you but this is SPACE we are talking about. It's all new and fresh and I WANT it.

orioto

Good Art™
...Right?

I don't even think he should win, he doesn't need to. He just needs to look super legit and tough against Lesnar. i'm just worried House Show Lesnar is just a squasher. The house show crowd will want to see this douchebag Owens punished you know..

Some month ago i would have believed they could protect Owens and show him as a super competitive and strong fighter, but it's been clear in the last months that they can have him lose like a piece of shit occasionally.

Kaiterra

Banned
Man I tuned into Raw for once last night partially because that Roman/AJ feud actually sounded interesting and then they pissed away everything that was interesting about it in one segment lol.

Also "The Club..." please, haha

Everything else was mostly fine though except for I legit thought that Epico/Primo video was a commercial until I realized it was them.

shanafan

Bayley is never going to be on the main roster, is she?

She's not a main roster type. If she were added to it, she would be like Too Cool. Be hot for a little bit, but then fans would get tired of the gimmick and quickly dissolve the popularity.

And then return at the Royal Rumble 2030 to a chant of "You still got it", but then never be seen again.

klonere

Banned
She's not a main roster type. If she were added to it, she would be like Too Cool. Be hot for a little bit, but then fans would get tired of the gimmick and quickly dissolve the popularity.

And then return at the Royal Rumble 2030 to a chant of "You still got it", but then never be seen again.

Bayley could be NXT forever and it'd be fine. She is the face of that brand more than anyone else at the moment, even Finn. She brings in her own demo and sells mounds of merch.

There is more money to be made up on Raw for sure but it could all go horribly, horribly wrong.

Funny bit from an NXT house show report

Balor got a main event pop, and I was completely unprepared for the effect he had on the women in the audience. There were women around me who were nearly breathless seeing Finn in person.

RBH

WWE ran a local ad in Honolulu during Raw with three major matches advertised. John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens vs. Brock Lesnar, and Charlotte vs. Asuka are the three huge matches being advertised for the 6/29 house show. This is a stacked card and the rumor is that this will be a WWE Network special.

Tickets for the show are sold out.

Other names advertised for the show include:

Roman Reigns
Chris Jericho
Bray Wyatt
AJ Styles
The New Day
The Usos
Natalya
Ric Flair
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
http://wrestlingnews.co/john-cena-v...ge-matches-taking-place-next-month-in-hawaii/

Zach

Don't worry, guys. shanafan said this about Hogan in the early '80s and Austin in the mid '90s.

Zach

8keU4Ko.jpg

There's a disappointing lack of unique animations on this Nitro.

jYQYOFH.jpg

Seriously, I think this could be the night I stopped watching wrestling regularly...

Zach

And then over on the competing RAW there's some dorky super-goth Undertaker crap. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for gobbling this up like the eager baby birds you are.

RBH

This house show in Hawaii would actually be the perfect opportunity to bring back Bash At The Beach as a WWE Network special.

thefro

I'm shocked that they aren't teasing Balor at all in this feud seeing as its all about appealing to smarky as fuck fans.

They did show a NXT promo about Balor during the break before "The Club" v.s. "The Family" match and Cole mentioned Balor knows all about the Club.

Bayley's not over because of her gimmick, she's over because she's a fantastic babyface who has "it".

shanafan

Doubt me all you want, save this post even, Bayley will not be a draw on the main roster long term in her current gimmick.

Don't worry, guys. shanafan said this about Hogan in the early '80s and Austin in the mid '90s.

Oh you mean the superstar who had the failed gimmick of the Ringmaster? ;)

Bayley is never going to be on the main roster, is she?

She's still a big draw for NXT and really there's nothing for her yet on the main roster. It's still mostly about Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky...possibly now Emma and Dana. I won't expect Bayley to be on the main roster until after Summerslam.

shanafan

She's still a big draw for NXT and really there's nothing for her yet on the main roster. It's still mostly about Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky...possibly now Emma and Dana. I won't expect Bayley to be on the main roster until after Summerslam.

And we haven't seen Sasha in weeks, expect on a quick Up Up Down Down promo.

Cagey

Banned
Doubt me all you want, save this post even, Bayley will not be a draw on the main roster long term in her current gimmick.

She'll last as long as the NXT segment of the crowd can carry her because she's one of Theirs before she dies out, which is hopefully sooner rather than later.

Zach

I'm just of the opinion that if Bayley doesn't work out in WWE, it won't be because of her or her gimmick. It will be due to WWE being made up of a bunch of bumbling buffoons.

Top Bottom