• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Tenryu couldn't even get any AJPW matches for his retirement boxset last year, it was all NJPW & NOAH. No one really knows what's going on with the AJPW rights, other than the current incarnation of All Japan doesn't own anything pre-2012. I'd guess it's a tangle between the TV station, the former owner Shiraishi and Baba's widow as to who owns all that footage.

Can-Am%20Connection%201987.jpg

latest

Fox318

Zach when you get to Wm 16, that shit is out of sync.

Its the worst.

It put the universe out of sync and helped kill wrestling and turn it into a sub niche product only slightly less embarrassing than writing fanfics featuring fictional tv characters and cereal mascots.

Thanks. Doors open at 5:30, should I be earlier than that?

We got to the place about 6pm, the line to get into the venue no problem, but the line was already pretty backed up for Liger. I don't know when people started lining up for the door, but I would probably get there 4:30-5 so you can get in line at the door and then go right to Liger.
Also, we were sitting right behind Liger during the signing part,people were hoverhanding, please don't hoverhand, that is weird and Liger seemed really nice, he would get in there for the pictures.
Good luck!

Its the worst.

It put the universe out of sync and helped kill wrestling and turn it into a sub niche product only slightly less embarrassing than writing fanfics featuring fictional tv characters and cereal mascots.
Man don't even get my blood pressure running. I have PT coming soon but it's one of the worst booked events ever. They stacked the card just to fit the entire roster and it did nothing. And after a lackluster undercard other than the ladder match, you send your crowd home even more Angry. Like I said, the rock needed to win that and they could've waited to have him lose two ppvs after, them have him win it back at Summerslam. But nope they shitted the bed so the family could be the main focus. Shane and Vince's battle got 5 minutes air time while Hunter and rock did who knows what. Leave your dumbass family home and let your workers work.

Say whaaa?
The audio is all fucked up up. It's behind by about 5 seconds. Even they know it's shitty.
Furnace is an underated motherfucker. I wanted more of them and Owen & Davey Boy.

Really? That's surprising, being that it's a WrestleMania.
Yeah I'm sitting here watching Mick get hit and the audio happened 5 seconds ago. Hell, another thing is, the dates are wrong when you get to 99. I wonder if you can report this stuff.

Chyna turned on y2j? Holy crap. For another wcw guy.

miserable

He had an awesome match this year teaming with Shinjiro Otani (team known as Emblem) against Daisuke Sekimoto and Kohei Sato in Zero-1 if you want to see him killing it in 2016.

Some other stuff from this decade

vs Necro Butcher 9/06/11 Zero-1 (Hardcore match, awesome spectacle)
vs Tomohiro Ishii 2/03/13 NJPW
w/ Takashi Sugiura vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazuki Hashimoto 6/01/14 Zero-1
w/ Sugiura/Sekimoto vs HARASHIMA/Yuji Okabayashi/Yuji Hino 6/30/15 BJW (Top 10 from last year IMO)

That should have you occupied for a few hours!

Thanks, i'll check them out!

We got to the place about 6pm, the line to get into the venue no problem, but the line was already pretty backed up for Liger. I don't know when people started lining up for the door, but I would probably get there 4:30-5 so you can get in line at the door and then go right to Liger.
Also, we were sitting right behind Liger during the signing part,people were hoverhanding, please don't hoverhand, that is weird and Liger seemed really nice, he would get in there for the pictures.
Good luck!

Thanks! I have prime seats tonight. Im first row right at the end of the entrance way. I'll be slapping so many hands.

NoRéN

You are suddenly completely in charge of WWE and get to do the following:

- Bring back 5 wrestlers who were future endeavored (must still be active wrestlers)
- Hire 5 wrestlers from anywhere in the world (we'll ignore contracts, etc)
- the cost is you have to get rid of 10 WWE superstars currently active

Curious to see the responses and I need something to read during cardio.

Kaladin

The Wednesday Night War gets real with two savage beatings tonight....and one recap show.

8 PM - WWE NXT on the WWE Network:

*The main event of the next WWE NXT Takeover will be announced.
*Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Alex Riley.
*WWE NXT Tag Team champions American Alpha vs. Cory Hollis & John Skyler.
*Finn Balor vs. Elias Samson.
*Alex Bliss vs. Rachel Ellering.
*Also appearing are WWE NXT champion Samoa Joe, William Regal, The Revival and more.

8 PM - Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network:

"Mil Muertes goes to war with the Monster Matanza Cueto in an unforgettable battle, while Dario receives some unexpected news. The madness doesn’t stop there since there can only be one winner of the Lucha Underground Championship. The first luchador to place their opponent in a coffin and close the lid, wins! "

11 PM - Ring of Honor on COMET:

*ROH Global Wars preview show.

NoRéN;203283064 said:

- Bring back 5 wrestlers who were future endeavored (must still be active wrestlers)

Bring back; Drew Galloway, Matt Sydal, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer, EC3

Hire; Kento Miyahara, Mascara Dorada, Mark Haskins, Big Damo, Shingo Takagi

Fire; Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Sin Cara, Konnor, Viktor, Jimmy Uso, Jay Uso, Curtis Axel, D-Von Dudley, Bubba Ray

I don't have a tw@ter.

Hmmm Taz v Benoit was given 5 minutes yet Big Show goes Hollywood(a joke) gets longer time? This shit is stupid. Guy could've been the best big man but now he's shit.

Wow Elias Samson going toe to toe with the NXT greats

He has MEGASTAR written all over him Maggle, just like that other one that smiles

NoRéN;203283064 said:

Bring back: Chris Hero, EC3, Maxine, Sydal, Sandow

Hire: Young Bucks, Okada, Tanahashi, Pentagon

Fire: Uso 1, Uso 2, Rosa, JBL, Bryon, Cole, HuniCara, Diego, Fernando, Tamina

klonere

Banned
NoRéN;203283064 said:

Well I can't really come up with anything interesting for the first question so I'll just do 5 from anywhere and cut 5.

Bring in
- Akira Tozawa
- Matt Riddle
- Pentagon Jr.
- Drew Galloway (I guess this kinda fits your other question but whatever)
- Chris Hero (and his bulk)

Cut
- R-Truth
- Fandango
- Goldust
- Curtis Axel
- Bo Dallas

NoRéN;203283064 said:

Immediately fire HHH
Also fire Styles, and give Nakamura back to New Japan

Hire Pentagon Jr and give him the belt

That's really all that needs done

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to think who's gotten released and gotten better, but they snatched everyone back up that improved it seems like

rh: chris hero, bobby lashley, matt sydal, mickie james, johnny mundo
h: fenix, go shiozaki, maximo, fantasma/king cuerno, katsuyori shibata
f: alberto del rio, jimmy uso, jey uso, bo dallas, brie bella, curtis axel, darren young, dolph ziggler, rosa mendez, cody rhodes

the firing part was the easiest part

NoRéN;203283064 said:

5 Wrestlers to bring back:

Sandow, John Morrison, Bull Dempsey, Alex Reilly,

5 Wrestlers from around the world:

Can't really do this one cause 3H is making a collection

10 to get rid of:

Uso's, (count as 1 and 2), Reigns, Kalisto, Big Show, Kane, Jack Swagger, Konnor, Mark Henry, and Primo

Kaladin

IMO, WWE's biggest dropped ball is John Morrison.

Dude is a legit star over on Lucha Underground and would fit right in on the main event scene with the current crop of guys WWE is briging up.

Imagine Morrison vs Rollins, Morrison vs Balor, Morrison vs Nakamura

All would be stellar matchups. They seriously shit the bed when they cut that guy.

Lol gotta love for the hate of Reigns. I wish Gaf was around when Warrior was champion. Wait I already discussed this before. Nevermind.

IMO, WWE's biggest dropped ball is John Morrison.

Dude is a legit star over on Lucha Underground and would fit right in on the main event scene with the current crop of guys WWE is briging up.

Imagine Morrison vs Rollins, Morrison vs Balor, Morrison vs Nakamura

All would be stellar matchups. They seriously shit the bed when they cut that guy.

If only Morrison would bother to learn the distance of his fucking Starship Pain. I love the guy, but holy shit was it miserable watching him whiff that week in and week out.

I'd fire Ziggler and bring back Ryback. But if we're including announcers, I'd fire Byron instead.
Morrison needs only to look in the mirror to find out why he was cut

and look behind his reflection and see Melina

She must be a demon in the sack in order for Morrison to have wanted to stay with her.

we could ask batista i guess :mjcry:

Fox318

Man don't even get my blood pressure running. I have PT coming soon but it's one of the worst booked events ever. They stacked the card just to fit the entire roster and it did nothing. And after a lackluster undercard other than the ladder match, you send your crowd home even more Angry. Like I said, the rock needed to win that and they could've waited to have him lose two ppvs after, them have him win it back at Summerslam. But nope they shitted the bed so the family could be the main focus. Shane and Vince's battle got 5 minutes air time while Hunter and rock did who knows what. Leave your dumbass family home and let your workers work.

The audio is all fucked up up. It's behind by about 5 seconds. Even they know it's shitty.

Furnace is an underated motherfucker. I wanted more of them and Owen & Davey Boy.

Wrestlemania 2000

it killed the planet

Top Bottom