• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Nekofrog

Banned
i had long hated the simpsons since around season 9 when it was running, but stuck with it out of habit. it wasn't until "hit the alligator and run" or whatever it's called that I threw my hands up and quit watching altogether, ala 2003 WWE.

They need to let Dean unleash himself and go full Mankind 96 crazy. That's when you pull the trigger. He's not even at his full form yet.

qmVCpaC.gif

WCW in 1996

It's been one heck of a road watching the Nitros and the PPVs of this year. A lot of great matches both on Nitros and the PPVs. Most of the PPVs in 1996 were entertaining and great like Starrcade 96 and others were just dumb like Hog Wild 96. In this year, you are introduced to a lot of great wrestlers like Rey Mysterio, Konnan, and many others. It's also the introduction of the NWO is a sight to see grow over the weeks. I recommend people who have the DVDs or the Network to watch these Nitros and PPVs.

Nekofrog

Banned
You hear a lot about Punk or Rollins getting shitty title reigns, but Macho in WCW is something else.

He was WCW's version of Kane. "We need a title switch but HHH won't job to this guy. Uhh have Kane take it in a threeway without pinning the champion and have him lose the next night".

MG310

Grown man asking Meltzer on Twitter if Becky Lynch is on the chopping block because she's been losing a lot of matches lately.

Zach

I like the Vaudevillains. Just getting that out there. Haven't seen them on RAW or Smackdown, though.

Anyway, back to the important stuff: mah gawd, heel JR and the Mean Street Posse debuting on the same RAW!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind the Simpsons, but it's up there with Back To The Future and Ghostbusters where it's on 'why do so many people make this their life' territory.

The Critic was the superior show anyways

Macho lost a bunch to Luger, was constantly in the role of Hulk's lil buddy, and was hot shot the title before that Clash, which they hyped up as the return of Miss Elizabeth, who did nothing as Macho got cheap shoted and pinned 1-2-3. The next Nitro Hulk comes out with Miss Elizabeth.

That's not even to say Macho should be getting some great reign at this point, just that Hogan is the worst.

Kaladin

How many of you have ever seen wrestling in a theatre before?

I've seen MMA in a theater like that.

Closest I've come to wrestling though was Ring of Honor's shows during Wrestlemania weekend in Atlanta at Center Stage. They were able to set up the ring in the "pit" area and had some fans seated up on what is normally the stage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll say this

Macho felt really outdated. Like he could wrestle just as well, but he was still playing heel 80s Macho Man and having that soccer mom tied to his wrist only reinforced that. Hogan changed to Hollywood which was an 80s heel but surrounded by other cool modern guys that helped it along because it was something we hadn't seen before, unless you're in Memphis, heel Hogan. We'd seen heel Macho Man before.
Randy_Savage_WCW.jpg

Basically Macho Pimp and Team Savage should have been Savage's NWO gimmick

Top Bottom