• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hqdefault.jpg

Just saw Hogan get pinned by Flair after hitting him with Liz's shoe. Honestly surprising. I don't think I've seen Hogan pinned in WCW yet, unless I'm forgetting something.

I'll say this

Macho felt really outdated. Like he could wrestle just as well, but he was still playing heel 80s Macho Man and having that soccer mom tied to his wrist only reinforced that. Hogan changed to Hollywood which was an 80s heel but surrounded by other cool modern guys that helped it along because it was something we hadn't seen before, unless you're in Memphis, heel Hogan. We'd seen heel Macho Man before.

Basically Macho Pimp and Team Savage should have been Savage's NWO gimmick

As a lover of WWF Mach, it's kind of sad to see this run, not because he's losing but because there's an air of staleness to all these guys right before nWo comes in to shake things up. With Hulk, it's enjoyable because you know he turns it around, but Macho it's just like... that's it.

Although Luger and Flair still feel fresh.

I'll say this

Macho felt really outdated. Like he could wrestle just as well, but he was still playing heel 80s Macho Man and having that soccer mom tied to his wrist only reinforced that. Hogan changed to Hollywood which was an 80s heel but surrounded by other cool modern guys that helped it along because it was something we hadn't seen before, unless you're in Memphis, heel Hogan. We'd seen heel Macho Man before.
Randy_Savage_WCW.jpg

Basically Macho Pimp and Team Savage should have been Savage's NWO gimmick

It's really sad to see Macho in WCW knowing that he will never be in the top spotlight, or as good as he was in the 80s.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a report that Finn is debuting on the 23rd and that Styles is going to avoid action until ER due to nagging injuries.

I'll take that with a grain of salt but I will say Finn has no purpose in NXT at this point.

Finally Kevin wins with the splash. Someone as heavy as him, you shouldn't be kicking out anyway. No one kicked out of the 300lbs lo down.

There's a report that Finn is debuting on the 23rd and that Styles is going to avoid action until ER due to nagging injuries.

I'll take that with a grain of salt but I will say Finn has no purpose in NXT at this point.

He's headlining the next TakeOver in the rematch with Joe, though they've done the split time thing thing with Owens.

somedevil

Extreme rules card:

Styles vs Reigns
Kalisto vs Rusev
Charlotte vs Natalya
New Day vs Vaudevillians
Miz vs Zayn vs Cesaro vs Owens
Jericho vs Ambrose

They still need like 2 matches with these feuds not named matches yet;

Truth and Goldust vs Fandango and Breeze
Becky Lynch vs Emma and Dana

Then they have Cass and Enzo feud with Dudley Boys if Enzo gets cleared before the pay per view.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's headlining the next TakeOver in the rematch with Joe, though they've done the split time thing thing with Owens.
So far that's the pattern with every big call up.

Sasha worked Brooklyn NXT and SummerSlam. So did Owens (he dropped the title while on the main roster also). Sami worked NXT Dallas and WrestleMania. So did Corbin.

As for Becky I think they're going to add Sasha as a partner for a tag match with Emma and Dana. Becky and Sasha have a history of teaming even on the main roster and Sasha literally isn't doing anything despite being white hot.

MG310

Extreme rules card:

Styles vs Reigns
Kalisto vs Rusev
Charlotte vs Natalya
New Day vs Vaudevillians
Miz vs Zayn vs Cesaro vs Owens
Jericho vs Ambrose

They still need like 2 matches with these feuds not named matches yet;

Truth and Goldust vs Fandango and Breeze
Becky Lynch vs Emma and Dana

Then they have Cass and Enzo feud with Dudley Boys if Enzo gets cleared before the pay per view.

Probably throw another Corbin/Ziggler match on there too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Although Luger and Flair still feel fresh.

Luger's complete lack of caring in 2000 is honestly one of his best 'gimmicks'. He just looks so above it all, and it's like some 'your gimmick is you turned up a few notches' shit Heyman is talking about

I'm not being ironic when I talk up Totally Buffed

DMczaf

Hunter and rock ironman? What? Triple H trying to do every hbk match and still look like shit? Just gtfo already.

Seriously the only match that Triple H has impressed me in in the last 10 years was his match with DBry.

And that was mostly because he tried to work a DBry ROH match.

xa6mpyI.gif

😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍❤️

Seriously the only match that Triple H has impressed me in in the last 10 years was his match with DBry.

And that was mostly because he tried to work a DBry ROH match.
The only thing I remember about that match is the ending. I tune out when he's in the ring tbh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This episode of Thunder has mentioned 4 wrestlers. Chavo Gurerro Jr & Candido who are having a match and Prince Ikea and 'Michael Modest'

not a good start Thunder

Top Bottom