• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Questions, does WWE also own the wCw game catalogue rights?

How much trouble would they go through to get the aki games ported to current gen game consoles? Obviously other than taking Benoit out of the games.

Is it possible? Or would they only be able to release them on Nintendo consoles?

How much trouble would they go through to get the aki games ported to current gen game consoles? Obviously other than taking Benoit out of the games.

Is it possible? Or would they only be able to release them on Nintendo consoles?

I haven't heard anything about that actually.

Wouldn't they have to pay everyone in the game because of likenesses? Would probably be more money than it's worth.

What happened to that FirePro petition?

Also I don't need it to be a WWE game, just a straight up AKI wrasslin game.
I need that old school back. I just don't want to hook up my other system to play a game.

I've seen Benoit laugh and say he hopes foley gets dysentery all in one night. I'm done for the night.

I wish they can re make either Wrestlefest or Sega to allow consoles to get Royal Rumble. Which both can have an online royal rumble mode.

Anth0ny

man don't people mod no mercy every year to have the newest wrestlers in there

they should just hire some of these kids on the internet to hack john cena and roman reigns into the game and sell no mercy 2016 edition cause why not

man don't people mod no mercy every year to have the newest wrestlers in there

they should just hire some of these kids on the internet to hack john cena and roman reigns into the game and sell no mercy 2016 edition cause why not
Man people are modding in no way jose as we speak. Do they add the moves too?

7b0Ap2f.gif

No Way Jose is a create a wrestler in every single caw game out there no need to mod.
Hilarious.

My baby long stroke Val won the ic title. But he's cut the hair 😢😢. How's he gonna support himself without the hair? The end us nigh.... Nocturnowl 😢😢😢

"Macho Man has got a huge opportunity, he's going to be starring in 'Dial M for Monkey' from Hanna Barbara airing on the Cartoon Network."

Bischoff you idiot.

Then it cuts to someone in a Fred Flinstone costume in the audience.

Recall

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is the best AKI game on N64

It has the entire list WWF and WCW moves in it from their respective games, actual options for masks and lots to unlock.

It's is the perfect mesh of WCW/NWO Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 with the obvious addition of everything puro.

My problem with the AE podcast is that they say "for fuck sake" at least 15 times in the hour or 2 when it's not needed. Also they're really sensitive to what goes on in the ring, it's like they're scared of the smallest violence that happens. I'm like, wtf? Some of these shows when I was single digits, I didn't even get turned away from it. They need to be desensitized.

Wait, that's probably my problem lol.

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is the best AKI game on N64

It has the entire list WWF and WCW moves in it from their respective games, actual options for masks and lots to unlock.

It's is the perfect mesh of WCW/NWO Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 with the obvious addition of everything puro.

Truth, and it has the best roster. Also the masks... You can't even create a decent Rey in No Mercy.

bjork

I remember a rumor early into last gen about an No Mercy port with a current roster, on the Wii. But it never happened. Then I heard about an updated Wrestlefest and that did happen, but it looked like flash animation and I want to say it only came out on phones or something?

I remember a rumor early into last gen about an No Mercy port with a current roster, on the Wii. But it never happened. Then I heard about an updated Wrestlefest and that did happen, but it looked like flash animation and I want to say it only came out on phones or something?
WF is only on Ios and it was.... Ummm well. I hate how they limited it to only ios but they talked about releasing it on other consoles.

Adree

Uncharted 4 and DOOM are both good times. I went from finishing the former to starting the latter which is only slightly less crazy than when I went straight from Fallout 4 to Yakuza 5 last year.

Uncharted 4 and DOOM are both good times. I went from finishing the former to starting the latter which is only slightly less crazy than when I went straight from Fallout 4 to Yakuza 5 last year.
I wish I could play Doom but I've played my fps for the year(I usually try to only play one or so because fps hurt my eyes and give me motion sickness). It sounds like everyone is having fun with it and that's good because most fps really lack that fun factot now. I just finished u4 and I'm playing mgsv now. This fuckinh intro.

Adree

I wish I could play Doom but I've played my fps for the year(I usually try to only play one or so because fps hurt my eyes and give me motion sickness). It sounds like everyone is having fun with it and that's good because most fps really lack that fun factot now. I just finished u4 and I'm playing mgsv now. This fuckinh intro.

It's a good game after that 20 minutes of falling over bullshit.

Anth0ny

My problem with the AE podcast is that they say "for fuck sake" at least 15 times in the hour or 2 when it's not needed. Also they're really sensitive to what goes on in the ring, it's like they're scared of the smallest violence that happens. I'm like, wtf? Some of these shows when I was single digits, I didn't even get turned away from it. They need to be desensitized.

Wait, that's probably my problem lol.

"fockin 'ell"

I like their British-ass humor, but yeah they are pretty sensitive.

Bring on the unprotected chairshots, I say. Back when wrestlers weren't soft af

Q2ynuMm.gif

Adree

Maybe I can pick it up at the end of the year, I need to get wolfenstein too. Hell the next game I'll pick up this year may only be WWE 17.

I was talking about MGSV. Definitely play Wolfenstein, it was my favorite game of that year easily. DOOM is clearly eschewing having a "story" in a cool way but Wolfenstein makes B.J. Blazkowicz a deep and interesting character which is insane.

Anth0ny

Saying that should make you be cursed to walk like Mick Foley for a day.

I'm pretty sure his fucked up walk is from all of those irish whips into the steel stairs, which is actually dumb as fuck and not even that great to watch.

chairshots to the head, though?

is6H6HB.png

Adree

I'm pretty sure his fucked up walk is from all of those irish whips into the steel stairs, which is actually dumb as fuck and not even that great to watch.

chairshots to the head, though?

is6H6HB.png

Maybe Mick just really liked WWF Warzone and wanted to emulate the character walking animation.

"fockin 'ell"

I like their British-ass humor, but yeah they are pretty sensitive.

Bring on the unprotected chairshots, I say. Back when wrestlers weren't soft af

Q2ynuMm.gif
Their humour is really good. I like how they point out some of the things that I found strange or funny too.

In this RR99 podcast, they say that the new era has made them pussy lol. Idk what they find cringe worthy, when I hear them cringe at small stuff. I start cringing. They soft.

Blue, how are you playing games and burning through WWF at the same time???
I have my ipad in front on my tv, I read the captions for video games and listen/watch wrestling. Now you're wondering how in the hell do I keep the attention of both. I used to have 2 tvs plus my pc screen when I was at home so I was able to keep my attention on the all. Kinda cool, and ever since then, life has never been the same.

I was talking about MGSV. Definitely play Wolfenstein, it was my favorite game of that year easily. DOOM is clearly eschewing having a "story" in a cool way but Wolfenstein makes B.J. Blazkowicz a deep and interesting character which is insane.
Yeah I figured out you were talking about MGS once I stopped falling lol!

Woah Kurt falling in love with the wildebeest Stephanie? Eww.

Adree

Their humour is really good. I like how they point out some of the things that I found strange or funny too.

In this RR99 podcast, they say that the new era has made them pussy lol. Idk what they find cringe worthy, when I hear them cringe at small stuff. I start cringing. They soft.

I have my ipad in front on my tv, I read the captions for video games and listen/watch wrestling. Now you're wondering how in the hell do I keep the attention of both. I used to have 2 tvs plus my pc screen when I was at home so I was able to keep my attention on the all. Kinda cool, and ever since then, life has never been the same.

Yeah I figured out you were talking about MGS once I stopped falling lol!

Woah Kurt falling in love with the wildebeest Stephanie? Eww.

Do you listen to How2Wrestling as well? It has Kefin Mahon with his girlfriend and it's a fun listen with lots of good recommendations.

Browny

Banned
Glorifying unprotected headshots? Smh (no pun intended)

They're revisiting it with the knowledge that some of the performers have lost many years of life expectancy, future quality of life or even their lives, because of said chair shots. Yes, they looked great and made for a great spectacle at the time, but they're damn hard to watch again - and that's what they go through when reviewing them.

Adree

I've never heard of that one. What do they talk about? Or recommend me something from them to listen to.

It's set up as a primer for new wrestling fans (his girlfriend only started watching about a year ago) which usually discusses a single wrestler and 4 or 5 important matches in their career. It's not a super in-depth biography but they are always fun to listen to.

http://www.how2wrestling.com/episodes/

My favorite so far was the Mr. Perfect episode.

(I also think it's really cool to hear a woman with a posh british accent talking about wrestling)

It's set up as a primer for new wrestling fans (his girlfriend only started watching about a year ago) which usually discusses a single wrestler and 4 or 5 important matches in their career. It's not a super in-depth biography but they are always fun to listen to.

http://www.how2wrestling.com/episodes/

My favorite so far was the Mr. Perfect episode.

(I also think it's really cool to hear a woman with a posh british accent talking about wrestling)
I like that, it's a good way to find a new wrestler to follow. Kinda how I have to do my fiancée, except she's not up for the watching matches lol.

klonere

Banned
Unprotected chairshots to the head are the dumbest fucking thing in wrestling. It's not about being hard or soft, it's just seriously stupid.

It's all good though, once this CTE tests in living athletes thing is done, there won't be any more contact sports.

bjork

The only unprotected chairshot I liked storywise was the one where HBK waffled UT on a Raw in either late 97 or early 98 and the chair bent. UT came up bloody, HBK said "oh shit" and it seemed like it was a legit accident.

That RR bit with Rock and Foley is gross. Their conversation in Beyond the Mat right after this is what initially soured me on the Rock. Very unconcerned about a guy he just hit way too many times, even when Foley's saying the spot got messed up.

klonere

Banned
The only unprotected chairshot I liked storywise was the one where HBK waffled UT on a Raw in either late 97 or early 98 and the chair bent. UT came up bloody, HBK said "oh shit" and it seemed like it was a legit accident.

That RR bit with Rock and Foley is gross. Their conversation in Beyond the Mat right after this is what initially soured me on the Rock. Very unconcerned about a guy he just hit way too many times, even when Foley's saying the spot got messed up.

Agreed. And the infamous one on Shamrock. God damn that was disgusting.

EDIT: Still I pop for all this stupid head drop shit in the old AJPW and newer Japanese stuff so I'm just a huge hypocrite

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I had a dream last night that AJ Lee returned and I lost my shit as her music played. Then CM Punk's music played but it turned out WWE was just trolling the Punk return part.

While I completely understand the lack of cranium shattering chair shots I have to admit, I die a little inside whenever someone breaks out a chair these days and has to poke a guy in the gut with it.

Just thinking back to that Raw segment when "the club" held Roman for Styles to wallop, what would've happened had he actually gone through with the attack? I mighty rib jab? would Gallows and Anderson quickly have swivelled Reigns around for a nice clean back shot? it's just one of those little things that goes against my entire history of built up wrestling logic.

THIS THURSDAY, OWL

KANE DAY

I hope everyone has their tribute posts written up, I expect a fave five Kane moments from all members of the Wrasslegaf Universe.

Top Bottom