• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Sephzilla

Playing through Bloodborne and have no idea what this life is. Enjoying it tho. Getting murdered by mob at beginning of game lol.

goddamn it, i can beat ancient dragon blindfolded on Dark Souls 2. I'll eventually get it

The hardest adjustment I had with Bloodborne was getting used to the faster paced no-shield style of Souls gameplay. That made the opening area brutal for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
[*]Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor: Great brutal match on both sides, with a tease of a Muscle Buster than Balor escaped. Roll-up finish that led Balor to attack Joe repeatedly after the match, which ultimately brought out a whole bunch of officials, Regal, and the whole men's roster to seperate them several times. You can watch the whole thing at https://youtu.be/iX3lCP9L97Q.

Joe having to sell for that twerp that he had been destroying for months

oh right

Got to make Finn look strong

Anth0ny

I may try one for WM 15 if they have one available. I wish they hsd Meltzer on for SS 98. That's one I feel I can hear a lot of review, opinions, and news on.

they did every wrestlemania and every starrcade besides 2000 which will be up this week or next.

the "wrestlemania journey" as they call it is a great fucking listen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Neat, Stephanie is publishing her memoirs. Good for her!

http://www.wwe.com/article/stephanie-mcmahon-publish-memoir

NEW YORK — Regan Arts has announced that they will publish a memoir by WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon. The book will provide an unprecedented look inside WWE's incredible history and remarkably contemporary approach to media.

Stephanie's inspirational memoir reveals her life growing up behind the scenes in WWE and the story of her journey to becoming Chief Brand Officer — including her successes and failures in the business world — and valuable advice for anyone working in a challenging industry today. She is also candid about balancing her family life with the instense schedule and demands of WWE.

“Growing up in the world of WWE has been an incredible journey that has really only just started,” McMahon said. “I’m thrilled to be able to fulfill a lifelong dream and share an inside look into WWE in my upcoming memoir.”

Judith Regan, CEO of Regan Arts said, “Stephanie McMahon is one of the great visionaries behind the continuing success of WWE and has navigated the entertaining, treacherous, and awe-inspiring world of Superstars, egos, and drama with style, tremendous skill and dynamic feminine force. And that’s just dealing with her family. That family encompasses everyone in the WWE family worldwide. Her story is Shakespearean in its drama and comedy, and she is in a unique position to share an inside view of one of the world’s most successful organizations. Her story will also motivate you to get off your butt and make magic happen. I love her and you will too when you read her book.”

RBJcvEz.jpg

Playing through Bloodborne and have no idea what this life is. Enjoying it tho. Getting murdered by mob at beginning of game lol.

goddamn it, i can beat ancient dragon blindfolded on Dark Souls 2. I'll eventually get it
The worst thing about Bloodborne, is when they make a stage full of something you're afraid to see in real life and on tv. I won't tell you what it was but I had to run through one stage with my eyes closed because of it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Not sure what Steph thinks she can teach others about success. All jokes aside, she grew up in riches, inheriting an established company, where she was carefully groomed into a big position. She did not have to fight, did not have to claw her way to the top. She had every opportunity from the day she was born. There is little inspiration to be found there, really. The only controversy she will be allowed to address is her relationship to Triple H, so it won't be giving us many juicy stories there, either.

Seems like a very uninteresting book, and I generally love me some wrestling memoirs.

klonere

Banned
Really don't care for another Finn/Joe match.

Hopefully Nakamura has a good opponent

You know its weird, I didn't love the matches. They are solid 3* half to nearly 4* matches but I wouldn't mind seeing another one at all. I'm really enjoying the build for this one more than any of the other ones.

Probably has to do with not reading the spoilers as well.

DMczaf

http://www.wwe.com/article/stephanie-mcmahon-publish-memoir

NEW YORK — Regan Arts has announced that they will publish a memoir by WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon. The book will provide an unprecedented look inside WWE's incredible history and remarkably contemporary approach to media.

Stephanie's inspirational memoir reveals her life growing up behind the scenes in WWE and the story of her journey to becoming Chief Brand Officer — including her successes and failures in the business world — and valuable advice for anyone working in a challenging industry today. She is also candid about balancing her family life with the instense schedule and demands of WWE.

“Growing up in the world of WWE has been an incredible journey that has really only just started,” McMahon said. “I’m thrilled to be able to fulfill a lifelong dream and share an inside look into WWE in my upcoming memoir.”

Judith Regan, CEO of Regan Arts said, “Stephanie McMahon is one of the great visionaries behind the continuing success of WWE and has navigated the entertaining, treacherous, and awe-inspiring world of Superstars, egos, and drama with style, tremendous skill and dynamic feminine force. And that’s just dealing with her family. That family encompasses everyone in the WWE family worldwide. Her story is Shakespearean in its drama and comedy, and she is in a unique position to share an inside view of one of the world’s most successful organizations. Her story will also motivate you to get off your butt and make magic happen. I love her and you will too when you read her book.”

RBJcvEz.jpg

I'm honestly anticipating this just to see how much rewriting of history this contains

Browny

Banned
How much money does the WWE make from house shows? Have they ever given an official number?

The attendances are out there in the dirtsheets, IIRC they vary from 2000 to 8000 attendees. Multiply up for revenue.

Then you add merch sales :)

Costs-wise, no idea - but if they lose money it doesn't matter. It's about promoting the brand, keeping people match-fit, and trying out new match-ups and so on.

I'm honestly anticipating this just to see how much rewriting of history this contains

Expect at least a chapter of how she deserves so much credit and respect for getting women wrestlers to the point where they're still doing the same stupid shit they've done for a decade but at least they're called women wrestlers now

The attendances are out there in the dirtsheets, IIRC they vary from 2000 to 8000 attendees. Multiply up for revenue.

Then you add merch sales :)

Costs-wise, no idea - but if they lose money it doesn't matter. It's about promoting the brand, keeping people match-fit, and trying out new match-ups and so on.

That all makes sense, I'm just wondering if what they gain from house shows is undercut by how many wrestlers are injured during them. Then again, since they seem to be more interested in promoting the WWE as a brand over individual wrestlers these days, maybe they don't mind.

Sephzilla

Do any of you think that, in light of all the injuries of the last half year, that WWE might consider lightening their schedule a bit in order to help alleviate this problem?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to draw a Stone Cold comparison to me quitting my job today, but I'm just not showing up so like...

Scott Hall maybe?

Do any of you think that, in light of all the injuries of the last half year, that WWE might consider lightening their schedule a bit in order to help alleviate this problem?
Everyone is expandable.
I was going to draw a Stone Cold comparison to me quitting my job today, but I'm just not showing up so like...

Scott Hall maybe?
They're going to shoot on your in a commercial about tucking in your tail and walking along.

Fox318

Expect at least a chapter of how she deserves so much credit and respect for getting women wrestlers to the point where they're still doing the same stupid shit they've done for a decade but at least they're called women wrestlers now

Steph always fought for women.

That's why the WWE featured them in so many match and angles such as:

• Thong Stink Face Match
  • Lingerie Paddle on a Pole Match
  • “Santina” Marella
  • The Diva Term
  • Trish Stratus as Vince's sex object
  • Diva Search
  • Playboy Pillow Fight Match
  • Natalya Neidhart's farting gimmick
  • The Diva's belt
  • Bra And Panties Matches
  • The body standards for women at the company
  • WWF/E telling women that if they don't get implants they can't work for the company

jmdajr

Steph always fought for women.

That's why the WWE featured them in so many match and angles such as:

• Thong Stink Face Match
  • Lingerie Paddle on a Pole Match
  • “Santina” Marella
  • The Diva Term
  • Trish Stratus as Vince's sex object
  • Diva Search
  • Playboy Pillow Fight Match
  • Natalya Neidhart's farting gimmick
  • The Diva's belt
  • Bra And Panties Matches
  • The body standards for women at the company
  • WWF/E telling women that if they don't get implants they can't work for the company

What was wrong with Santina Marella?

Sephzilla

By the way, I'm a little late to the discussion regarding the top 10 games of last generation but I wanted to chime in and give my top 10 as well.

1) Dark Souls
2) Demon's Souls
3) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
4) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
5) Call of Duty 4
6) Halo 3
7) Minecraft
8) Mass Effect
9) Batman: Arkham Asylum
10) Dark Souls 2

Raw64life

What was wrong with Santina Marella?

If you're a Diva during that era and you're competing for the little bit of screen time they were given back then, you're probably not gonna be too happy to hear that one of the men is gonna dress up as a woman and take your spot.

Top Bottom