• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Kusagari

Why I think they should put these superstar and main event people on the show. Filler matches are good.

I mean you can have Gallows/Anderson vs. New Day or Usos vs. Vaudevillains or whatever and still manage to continue a feud.

WWE doesn't seem to know how to do a feud any more where the wrestlers aren't competing against each other in some way every single week.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Love him or hate him, you're very passionate about him!"

Sandow gets released while the chucklefuck known as JBL is still out here on commentary.

Giant beats Flair to win the title.

I love this one line news bulletin from the May 6, 1996 Observer:

Supposedly Hogan said "No more jobs."

In the "What Am I Missing on Saturday Night" section:

Giant was supposed to defend against Luger, but Luger "hadn't arrived," so instead Giant destroyed Marcus Bagwell in a few seconds. As that happened, Luger finally showed up in his street clothes doing a run-in and claiming he had car trouble coming from a golf tournament. They are going to do a gimmick where Luger keeps arriving late for every match with Giant for the title.

So good.

In the "Wrong" section:

Expect WCW to fairly quickly go to Hogan vs. Scott Hall and Giant vs. Kevin Nash feuds before the inevitable Giant-Hogan.

Meltz definitely seems to prefer WWF, who seems to be on the rise at the moment in all areas. WCW is getting fucked in their timeslot because it's a 7 now before the NBA for May, plus, all the politics and hot shotting is a turn off to Meltz.

I mean you can have Gallows/Anderson vs. New Day or Usos vs. Vaudevillains or whatever and still manage to continue a feud.

WWE doesn't seem to know how to do a feud any more where the wrestlers aren't competing against each other in some way every single week.
I don't think they understand that. It worked years ago so why can't they follow the formula?

Top Bottom