• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
As someone totally unfamiliar with their NJPW work, they seem incredibly boring to me. They're basically The Ascension without the paint.

I'm assuming they were better in Japan.

Karl was better to a point. Gallows was never much. The whole BC was cool in the beginning because Balor was a beloved babyface who turned quite unexpectedly and Karl was a respected singles performer. Their tag team run was fine at best and mediocre at worst. They had far more creative freedom and better opponents over there as well.

AJ has survived because he is an unbelievable in ring performer but isn't much else besides. I never understood the signing of all three of them from day 1 tbh. Seems more to disrupt NJPW than anything and cover their inability to create main event stars or at leaSt believable threats to Roman.

lol primo and epico got dead silence

and wtf is up with the jobbers out of no where?

they dont do this for years, then bust it out for these guys?

Bringing in jobbers is the #1 thing that Raw and Smackdown should take from NXT. Build up your star attractions by having them dominate against lesser wrestlers, then make the PPVs/"special events" the attractions where the Superstars finally go up against each other.

That would get rid of that 50/50 bullshit, too.

Nattie has to move over. We got a new thick queen in Dana Brooke.

Most definitely. Dana Brooke >>> Natalya. If nothing else good comes out of Emma's injury, I hope Dana is given an opportunity similar to the one Big Cass got.

Raw64life

Remember how everyone reacted to the New Day at first? The Shining Stars will be just as popular if not more so. I can't wait for the Arriba Arriba Por Por youtube channel.

KingBroly

Banned
eh...I think it's clear that Anderson and Gallows turn on AJ on Sunday, leading to Reigns winning and Balor being introduced on the main roster.

Aiii

So not worth it
eh...I think it's clear that Anderson and Gallows turn on AJ on Sunday, leading to Reigns winning and Balor being introduced on the main roster.

Either that or Reigns will beat them all clean on his own and they'll job to whatever R-Truth is doing nowadays and you'll like it.

You know what renewed my faith wrasslin' yesterday? Matches from BJW's Ikkitousen Strong Climb 2016.

Daichi Hashimoto vs. Daisuke Sekimoto from 3/31/16 was entertaining enough as Hashimoto tried to find a way to overcome Sekimoto's incredible power.

But the finals between Shuji Ishikawa and Hideyoshi Kamitani was a great match, a match that goes more than 20 minutes and feels like it goes 10. Kamitani is a 24 years old young babyface working from the bottom against Ishikawa's veteran strength and endurance, and it is really entertaining. I wrote more about both matches and Yuji Okabayashi vs. Shuji Ishikawa, which is marred with technical problems, here. But, at least checkout Kamitani vs. Ishikawa.

Zach

If WWE really doesn't have any heels like one poster said, and they really want Reigns to be the good guy, AND Triple H really has the hots for ol' Finn, maybe you're right. And then Finn wins it all at the next PPV. If they're serious about him being a big deal, that is.

I'm guessing if Finn shows up to lead The Club, it'd just end up being good guy AJ vs. bad guy Finn for a while, though. Roman ain't losing that belt. Especially when Vince sees how little handsome Finn is.

Browny

Banned
Fucking people getting crazy over midcarder Dana Brook. You people are setting yourselves for disappointment as she is groomed into the next Tamina.

Dana has showed more promise and improvement in 6 months than Tamina has in her entire tenure.
But yeah, it could be bad...

You know what renewed my faith wrasslin' yesterday? Matches from BJW's Ikkitousen Strong Climb 2016.

Daichi Hashimoto vs. Daisuke Sekimoto from 3/31/16 was entertaining enough as Hashimoto tried to find a way to overcome Sekimoto's incredible power.

But the finals between Shuji Ishikawa and Hideyoshi Kamitani was a great match, a match that goes more than 20 minutes and feels like it goes 10. Kamitani is a 24 years old young babyface working from the bottom against Ishikawa's veteran strength and endurance, and it is really entertaining. I wrote more about both matches and Yuji Okabayashi vs. Shuji Ishikawa, which is marred with technical problems, here. But, at least checkout Kamitani vs. Ishikawa.

Hoss is Life

bjork

I got all the wet towels and shit out of my tub, so now I can wash myself! Then it's off to the store for some butt paper because somehow there's 0.5 rolls here and that just isn't enough.

The Dean promo from last night was probably one of the best ones I've seen from him. His theme should be the music they were playing during the drop of the cage, sorry "Asylum".

Karl was better to a point. Gallows was never much. The whole BC was cool in the beginning because Balor was a beloved babyface who turned quite unexpectedly and Karl was a respected singles performer. Their tag team run was fine at best and mediocre at worst. They had far more creative freedom and better opponents over there as well.

AJ has survived because he is an unbelievable in ring performer but isn't much else besides. I never understood the signing of all three of them from day 1 tbh. Seems more to disrupt NJPW than anything and cover their inability to create main event stars or at leaSt believable threats to Roman.

Don't forget that BC was pretty much the anti-NJPW in terms of look. In the WWE they just seem like some angry Hot Topic kids, especially with that shit theme.

Hoss is Life

I'm still pumped about how Kamitani was able to get so much out of some elbows, a side headlock, some shoulder tackles and one backdrop driver. What a fun match.

Today, since Kengo Mashimo impressed me so much in that Champion Carnival match against Kento Miyahara, I'm going to check out some of his other matches from Champion Carnival. The Mashimo vs. Naoya Nomura match has gotten some praise, so I'm checking that out. Nomura vs. Miyahara has also gotten some praise, so I'll probably check it out too. And I'm curious about Sekimoto vs. Miyahara and Sekimoto vs. Zeus, so it's another hoss-y puro day.

Kurita

Studying for an Economy final where you have to write in Japanese about the industrial revolution isn't fun at all

Why did I choose this class

klonere

Banned

It has been pointed out before but Sekimoto doing the Strong Climb and Champion's Carnival back to back and producing such amazing matches in both tournies is a special achievement. KUSHIDA has the chance to go one better by going BoSJ > G1 > Super J Cup this summer.

Speaking of Champion's Carnival I watched Williams vs Kawada from the '93 edition of the tournament. Kawada shoot fucks up Williams leg with a vicious kick but Williams perseveres through the entire match despite completely collapsing on it and having to pull off several weak looking (and probably incredibly painful) Oklahoma Stampedes. Williams has to also work from his back most of the match because KAWADA KEEPS KICKING THE INJURED LEG!

Williams as always looks like someone who can pull off the Dr.Death moniker and the only backdrop driver he pulls off in the match manages to look insanely scary. My run through this 93 AJPW stuff has skyrocketed him up my list of favorite big guy wrestlers. He might have one of my top 5 looks as well - that upper body mixed with his murderous looking face, unkempt hair and mean eyes makes him a man who definitely made it look and feel real.

The match is 1 step off being a glacial pace but the forced story of Williams leg makes it far more engrossing than it should be for a match that probably should have been cut short. Finish spoilers
I guess if Baba tells you to do a time limit draw, you do a time limit draw even if you are hurt, no countout bullshit for him.

klonere

Banned
I'm still pumped about how Kamitani was able to get so much out of some elbows, a side headlock, some shoulder tackles and one backdrop driver. What a fun match.

Today, since Kengo Mashimo impressed me so much in that Champion Carnival match against Kento Miyahara, I'm going to check out some of his other matches from Champion Carnival. The Mashimo vs. Naoya Nomura match has gotten some praise, so I'm checking that out. Nomura vs. Miyahara has also gotten some praise, so I'll probably check it out too. And I'm curious about Sekimoto vs. Miyahara and Sekimoto vs. Zeus, so it's another hoss-y puro day.

Sekimoto vs Miyahara is short and very very sweet. An excellent tease for a longer title match down the road.

Sekimoto vs Zeus got a lot of praise but didn't click that much for me, definitely not as much as any of the Miyahara matches with either man but it's worth the watch. You've picked some good stuff out anyway.

UberTag

What a dastardly and uncalled for attack by that no-good heel AJ Styles... made the front page of WWE.com.

20160516_RAW_AjRoman_2--d0960fcec096c534e20a83dc70b5291c.jpg

"AJ Styles takes down Roman Reigns in ruthless steel chair attack"

Rookie redneck couldn't beat THE man with wrestling so he's resorted to cowardly, heinous attacks in a match Roman wasn't even in. I hope he gets what's coming to him on Sunday.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE really needs to start forcing people to groom. We finally get rid of D-Bry and his awful hair and beard and here comes AJ Styles with this monstrosity and seemingly nobody tells him to fix it.

UberTag

Is there a PPV Sunday? Are the Shining Stars having a match?
I have it on good authority that they'll be facing two more jobbers at Extreme Rules.
Except these ones will be from New Jersey.
Maybe... if he's really lucky... Zack Ryder will get to come out with some random partner and lose to them.
But only if he's really lucky.

Being in a feud over a jacket is damaging enough. Remember when the pirate guy stole Bret Hart's jacket? Bad times.
That matches in the feud weren't bad, it's just it was a fucking pirate. Pierre deserved a better character than that. Lafitte! How many times king said feet.

Browny

Banned
I have it on good authority that they'll be facing two more jobbers at Extreme Rules.
Except these ones will be from New Jersey.
Maybe... if he's really lucky... Zack Ryder will get to come out with some random partner and lose to them.
But only if he's really lucky.
Mojo to debut on PPV - I can't wait!

Actually, I hope it's Ziggler...

klonere

Banned
I actually think AJPW booking over the last few months has been nearly better than NJPW and they have had even more challenges to overcome. Akiyama seems to know what he's doing!

Zach

WWE really needs to start forcing people to groom. We finally get rid of D-Bry and his awful hair and beard and here comes AJ Styles with this monstrosity and seemingly nobody tells him to fix it.

Post a pic, Aiii. Let's see the Sexiest Man on NeoGAF in all his glory.

Sephzilla

Sephzilla, it took me a day to finally beat the first boss in bloodborne. It was time well spent. Love this game. Figured out how to unlocked the gate to left of first lantern and it saved me a lot of hassle of going through that early mob over and over and over.

Congrats friend Groovy! I'm assuming by first boss you meant the Cleric Beast?
Technically you can skip him

Sephzilla, it took me a day to finally beat the first boss in bloodborne. It was time well spent. Love this game. Figured out how to unlocked the gate to left of first lantern and it saved me a lot of hassle of going through that early mob over and over and over.
The worst part is this,

You don't unlock stages in exact order.

That was my one of my biggest complaints.

Also, what was the name of the boss? I forgot.

What a dastardly and uncalled for attack by that no-good heel AJ Styles... made the front page of WWE.com.

20160516_RAW_AjRoman_2--d0960fcec096c534e20a83dc70b5291c.jpg

"AJ Styles takes down Roman Reigns in ruthless steel chair attack"

Rookie redneck couldn't beat THE man with wrestling so he's resorted to cowardly, heinous attacks in a match Roman wasn't even in. I hope he gets what's coming to him on Sunday.

The thing that grates on my nerves about all this, is that you turn off the commentary and it's really well played out. You can totally see why AJ is doing what he's doing and it's not heelish in the slightest. It's a really well booked feud actually. The agents are doing a great job on it.

Then commentary are shitting all over it by being 100% biased for Roman. Even the colour commentator. It makes no sense.

Top Bottom