• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Aiii

So not worth it
Quick, someone dig out Bean Breath's Sting version of him... :)

stingavausu5t.jpg

Just look at that handsome devil.

But say it to my face, Zach:
12916183_1224962814200017_2330527916662621668_o.jpg

That's the most recent pic on my FB (with my nephew). Look at that well groomed beard.

I like how they've responded to the third hour rating fall by moving the main event angle to the end of hour 2 and having a mid card thing end the show. They've been doing it for a month now, and its a nice little microcosm into how the WWE solves problems (by completely ignoring what's responsible and passing the blame elsewhere).

Cleric Beast. I was under assumption I had to beat him to get some bell i needed to level up lol.

He wasn't hard as it was I was trying to get the feel for mechanics and exploration.

Yep, ha ha. Hindsight and all that. Still a good time. I did explore parts of the map that venture off the bridge prior to the fight. Anyway, I'm in full swing of things and ready for the real action. :)
The real fight comes soon. Be on the look out for an interesting side quest btw.

It makes perfect sense

Vince-McMahon-Laughing-Loud-600x250.jpg

Look, I know Vince is pushing Roman. I get that. But if they're trying to get him to win people over, booking the matches so that AJ never looks like the bad guy and can always be understood ensures that the live crowd are 100% behind him. So they have absolutely no hesitation in showering Roman with deafening boos. He's just an arrogant idiot who is all like 'but you hit my family when they attacked you BRAH SO NOW YOU DIE'.

Usually the booking at least tries to match up to the storyline that Vince wants to tell.

Look, I know Vince is pushing Roman. I get that. But if they're trying to get him to win people over, booking the matches so that AJ never looks like the bad guy and can always be understood ensures that the live crowd are 100% behind him. So they have absolutely no hesitation in showering Roman with deafening boos. He's just an arrogant idiot who is all like 'but you hit my family when they attacked you BRAH SO NOW YOU DIE'.

Usually the booking at least tries to match up to the storyline that Vince wants to tell.
Just a few months ago, he didn't care about his friends and family. Why does he now?

klonere

Banned
Helps he has a company a quarter of the size

AJPW lost many big stars as well, Akebono, Shiozaki, Sumuma, Akiyama himself, Doering all either injured or left.

Agreed that the company is smaller but compare the attendance when Miyahara beat Zeus for the Triple Crown to the Champions Carnival shows, he's done a lot in a short amount of time with smart partnerships and what little talent he has on his books.

I know its easy to shit on NJPW but Gedo just brought in 2 star special Camacho, had Nagata beat Shibata (which was a nice moment but in the long term could be very bad if he doesn't do something big with Shibata), is booking Tana in a fucking ladder match with his back and has his IWGP Heavyweight champion's central thesis be "the booking is shit".

Still there are a lot of positives and I am still very excited about NJPW going into the future.

I like how they've responded to the third hour rating fall by moving the main event angle to the end of hour 2 and having a mid card thing end the show. They've been doing it for a month now, and its a nice little microcosm into how the WWE solves problems (by completely ignoring what's responsible and passing the blame elsewhere).

3 hours is number one with a bullet most fundamental issue with the whole product but it makes too much money so nothing will ever happen as you said.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw is pretty good.

Shelving Uncharted 4. Game is everything I hate about AAA game design these days. Just a stupid handholding mess, and stumbles over itself and its story so bad. Has no vision. Just dogshit. God, the "at home" segment was so godawful.

Sephzilla

Raw is pretty good.

Shelving Uncharted 4. Game is everything I hate about AAA game design these days. Just a stupid handholding mess, and stumbles over itself and its story so bad. Has no vision. Just dogshit. God, the "at home" segment was so godawful.

Friend, if you're tired with modern AAA design then I may have an alternative for you. This game feels like a 90s game with a 2016 coat of paint.

Creative love throwing whatever they can against a wall to see what sticks. I am reminded of something a wise woman once said: "I'm not bad; I'm just drawn this way."
I mean hell, Usos should be like, yo you didn't care about us 5 months ago. Fuck you bro and super kick him then tosses aj on him for the victory.

What a dastardly and uncalled for attack by that no-good heel AJ Styles... made the front page of WWE.com.

20160516_RAW_AjRoman_2--d0960fcec096c534e20a83dc70b5291c.jpg

"AJ Styles takes down Roman Reigns in ruthless steel chair attack"

Rookie redneck couldn't beat THE man with wrestling so he's resorted to cowardly, heinous attacks in a match Roman wasn't even in. I hope he gets what's coming to him on Sunday.
AJ is Spider-Man and J Jonah Jameson is running WWE's news feed

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer says the jobbers on Raw were jobbers on NXT, and he bitched that they changed John Skylar's name, but had him wear John Skylar labeled tights while wrestling as "Scott Jackson."

Also, why change the jobbers names if they already play jobbers on NXT
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friend, if you're tired with modern AAA design then I may have an alternative for you. This game feels like a 90s game with a 2016 coat of paint.

I'm psyched to get to it. Heard nothing but good things and it sounds right up my alley.

I thought the "at home" part of Uncharted 4 was awesome. Dialogue felt very natural.

Enjoying the game very much as well.

That's a direction I'm not so interested in. "I did fucking nothing for about a half hour and got to hear about someone's day" just doesn't do it for me. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. There's ways to go about it if you want to showcase the mundane, but even then, not too good.

So you waited two days after you shelved it to randomly bring this up?

There is nothing dogshit about it. You don't like the direction. There's a distinction. The game is as good as any game can be made, mechanically and from a story telling pov. The story unfolds over 22 chapters and gives these chaarcters room to breathe leading up to the last third of the game which I doubt you got far enough into to see for yourself before already deciding you hated it. Chapter 4, the "at home" segment and a breathing segment, is pure magic and knowing this, you singled out that one segment to call it godawful rather than chapter 1, or chapter 2, or 3 or 5...

Yet another post that reeks of deliberate contrarian propaganda. Following a comment about how RAW is "pretty good".

sigh.
Two days? I quit before and decided to give it one more try last night. Eventually, after finding another stupid ass box with wheels to move around, I had had enough of its contrived bullshit. Game isn't good. It's pretty and that's enough for a lot of people. And chapter four was terrrrrible. The gameplay is uninspired. Really bland. The most interesting character I'd seen is what appears to be the main villain, and he was interesting. The rest? Pah. Nothing. Talk about beating a dead horse. Uncharted needs to dump all its characters, preferably off of a cliff, and figure out something new for once. Climbing in a spiral upwards or downwards is only so entertaining, and I was done with that before I finished the second game.

It's for the masses. It's as common as people playing Call of Duty. The game says NOTHING worth listening to.

Anyway, psyched for Doom. And screw you pal, Raw WAS good!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zero desire to play another Uncharted. Don't care how good it is(which those claims are always suspect when it's a Naughty Dog game) Just no regard in playing another one of those games. It's in the same boat as Killzone, Gears of War, and God of War for me. Done with it. Been done with it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zero desire to play another Uncharted. Don't care how good it is(which those claims are always suspect when it's a Naughty Dog game) Just no regard in playing another one of those games. It's in the same boat as Killzone, Gears of War, and God of War for me. Done with it. Been done with it.
I've been fighting it for a while, not ready to accept that I simply don't like it. Well, I look back and I gave up on UC3 and this is just more of the same, and it didn't grab me. So I gotta just let go.

Sephzilla

I'm still excited to play Uncharted 4 but I do kind of hope it's the final game of the franchise. Or that the franchise at least takes an extended hiatus.

Data bringing up Gears of War and God of War is exactly why I want the Uncharted franchise to take a break. The two GoW franchises, while they were well put together, just got fucking boring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still excited to play Uncharted 4 but I do kind of hope it's the final game of the franchise. Or that the franchise at least takes an extended hiatus.
I'm sure you'll like it. It's just such a dad game right now. Pandering in all the right spots to corny dads.

Bronx-Man

Banned
God of War is one of those franchises where it's pretty clear that everyone just wants to move the fuck on from that series but it makes way too much money for Sony to give up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Rey just posted a picture of him and Mundo with the President of Marketing for Univision and tagged Lucha Underground on it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God of War is one of those franchises where it's pretty clear that everyone just wants to move the fuck on from that series but it makes way too much money for Sony to give up.

Kinda feel that way with a handful of other series too. Sucks. Feels bad man.

So Rey just posted a picture of him and Mundo with the President of Marketing for Univision and tagged Lucha Underground on it

Huh. Nice.

Sephzilla

God of War needed to skip the Kratos prequel bullshit and immediately jump into Kratos murdering a new pantheon of Gods. I want to murder Thor with his own fucking hammer.

Bayonetta is 1000000 times better than any GoW game.

We need more Bayo and MGR.

Sadly we're never going to get a true MGR sequel thanks to fucking Konami

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing God of War needs to do is go after other religions, but then its visual style is compromised. Can't win.

Zach

stingavausu5t.jpg

Just look at that handsome devil.

But say it to my face, Zach:
12916183_1224962814200017_2330527916662621668_o.jpg

That's the most recent pic on my FB (with my nephew). Look at that well groomed beard.

You're not hideous. Probably shouldn't be criticizing the appearance of others, though. That's actually a good rule of thumb for any grown man, you terrible person.

Top Bottom