• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Mongo's not on commentary any more :(

U04rYSO.gif

I missed his commentary after a while.

shaowebb

Where were those moves when they were Matadores? I'm impressed, but this is a questionable re-packaging.

Caribbean is the entire gimmick apparently. Just what the hell is the audience supposed to make of that? Are you funny, a badass, a good guy...what are you? What do you stand for and why are you fighting out there?

Gimmicks like this sink folks. They have no real purpose. You're role is to JUST be as ethnic as possible. You have no real reason to be on the card but to round out the numbers when you have to play up to a gimmick like that. Its not even a heel/face sorta ethnic angle where you can yell "respect the flag" or some shit like heels of the past. You just end up goin out there and trying to talk about the Caribbean like a damned infomercial travel ad. You gotta add your own shit and quick to those sorta gimmicks or they'll sink you. Audience is straight up dead watching this. They have no idea what to make of the gimmick for this team or what it should have them expecting from those two.

MG310

That Shining Stars debut was amazing. Crowd completely dead. Plus, Epico busting out MOVEZ was great, they have a future in the indies if they get cut in a couple years

Buried the fuck out of the Ascension's Total Elimination variant while they were at it.

shaowebb

Buried the fuck out of the Ascension's Total Elimination variant while they were at it.

Scariest variant I ever saw was both men took off running and one did a running dropkick to the back of the dude and the other did it to the guys shins. The whip on that was nasty and it could easily fuck a dude's neck up. Didn't hit clean either...the dude got him in the high shoulder neck area first and kept flying over him then a second later the shins got drilled and he spun face down fast. Some indie shit from a euro event music vid. Hope that wasn't a regular gimmick.

Recall

You know that's pathetic but I believe they teased at ECW actually taking an online only route before wwe bought them.

Roflmfao! Dude, Friday and Saturday nights, I remember that shit so much.

I think before ECW went bust they did do internet shows going all the way back to 1996, with their Cyberslam show though I have no idea how well it worked.

They allude to it during the Cyberslam 1999 VHS I have.

I think before ECW went bust they did do internet shows going all the way back to 1996, with their Cyberslam show though I have no idea how well it worked.

They allude to it during the Cyberslam 1999 VHS I have.
I never knew that. I know wcw did a few exclusive online podcast shows that got lost. Apparently they didn't save them or something. I want to say wwf did a few online streaming ppvs back in 99. Well a few of the ppvs were also online to view. I'm like, wtf? Most Internet was struggling badly.
It's The Kal Show
Kal-el?

MG310

Caribbean is the entire gimmick apparently. Just what the hell is the audience supposed to make of that? Are you funny, a badass, a good guy...what are you? What do you stand for and why are you fighting out there?

Gimmicks like this sink folks. They have no real purpose. You're role is to JUST be as ethnic as possible. You have no real reason to be on the card but to round out the numbers when you have to play up to a gimmick like that. Its not even a heel/face sorta ethnic angle where you can yell "respect the flag" or some shit like heels of the past. You just end up goin out there and trying to talk about the Caribbean like a damned infomercial travel ad. You gotta add your own shit and quick to those sorta gimmicks or they'll sink you. Audience is straight up dead watching this. They have no idea what to make of the gimmick for this team or what it should have them expecting from those two.

It's such a strange gimmick. They tell you how nice it is and then invite you there. Even if they throw in the "Better than where you are from" the damn theme song is still saying "Come to Puerto Rico!"

Kaladin

I never knew that. I know wcw did a few exclusive online podcast shows that got lost. Apparently they didn't save them or something. I want to say wwf did a few online streaming ppvs back in 99. Well a few of the ppvs were also online to view. I'm like, wtf? Most Internet was struggling badly.

Kal-el?

Nah, just Kal.

Also, I remember in the years before the network, WWE did IPPV via Windows Media Player for the same price as the cable PPV. Don't remember when it started but I got a few shows that way

Fantomex

The rock n roll express sucked ass. What the hell is wrong with you people? You made me come out of lurk mode. Next thing I know you guys will be telling me Shawn was just ok and Bret had a limited move set

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The rock n roll express sucked ass. What the hell is wrong with you people? You made me come out of lurk mode. Next thing I know you guys will be telling me Shawn was just ok and Bret had a limited move set

but but 5 moves of doom, hair flip, give glasses to kid, take off jacket, look disgusted at ref for not giving him the three count, put jacket back on.

Fantomex

I like both of them, it's a shame they hated each other. Them going at it like Stone cold and Rock for 10 ears would have been great

Everything you said are facts. Just kidding but some kid born in 2000 will argue with you over that.

Heroman

Banned
I really think Bret and Shawn are becoming severely UNDERrated as years go by.

Especially Bret.

As time goes on the younger generation forget how good they were and just they are some lame old guy that appear on raw sometimes. It is crazy how good they were, the only guys that come to them are punk and Bryan.

Fantomex

Everything you said are facts. Just kidding but some kid born in 2000 will argue with you over that.

I know and that makes me sad

There is a video I showed my 12 year old on YouTube about Bret hart. I think it was called the 50/100 moves of Bret hart. And for a kid with a short attention span, he was able to appreciate and watch the whole thing. Some suplexes id never even seen before, and I watched NWA!

DMczaf

Ziggler is my #1 example of "completely not understanding what made Shawn and Bret so damn great"

Motherfucker spams Shawn and Bret's spots like theres no tomorrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ziggler is my #1 example of "completely not understanding what made Shawn and Bret so damn great"

That's modern wrestling. Whatever can get the most amount of cheap easy pops.

No one cares about the story. Just how many gifs we can generate

Mubbed

The weird thing is that he had his best in-ring psychology in 2009 and progressively got worse every following year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
damn Paige got jobbed out to Dana on SD while Becky was on commentary (despite Becky being horrible at it)

I figured they were going somewhere with her but I guess not

damn Paige got jobbed out to Dana on SD while Becky was on commentary (despite Becky being horrible at it)

She should get into a shoot fight with Charlotte backstage so Vince will put her in a program, the new era Edge/Matt.

Adree

Well Dana and Becky is the program so why would Paige win? (although last Raw that was like the plan for all the feuds it seemed)

Jamie OD

I think she was supposed to be Becky's backup before Emma got injured. But yeah her profile on the shows has dropped significantly over the last year. Just don't tell that to her fans.

Top Bottom